BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68340 - 10/07/08 09:00 PM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Justinmill14]
Steven manier Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 15/male/california
my parents are the ones that got me hooked into bowling and ive been competitively bowling since i was about 5-6 (i started around 2)
Current average: 213

Columbia 300 Momentum Swing
Storm Hy Road
Roto Grip Rogue Cell
Brunswick Maxxx zone
Brunswick Fury Pearl
WD Spare ball

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#68354 - 10/08/08 09:47 AM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Steven manier]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
I wish i could bowl everyday now. Though i have to pay the bills and stuff so i dont think i could do that.

When i was in junior leagues i use to be at Bowling Alley almost every day. Either Bowling, Volunteering, or going with parents to there leagues.
BowlSk: Stats

#68365 - 10/08/08 11:03 AM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Brandon510]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
My mom started working at the bowling alley in town when I was a freshman. If I didn't have some sort of sport practice, I was there. I knew the owner pretty well and he would let me bowl all of the time. When I got into college, there was an alley on campus that I started working at. I was in the alley every day. I was also bowling on the team so most of my extra time was spent in a bowling alley. At one time, I was bowling in 5 leagues a week and 2 practices a week as well as tourneys and other times I just went out and bowled. That was a different time though. No responsibilities. I was up around 50-100 games a week easy. Now, I bowl once a week. Then, I never missed league. Now, I have missed 4 weeks already and am not going again tonight so my wife can go to a meeting. That is what happens as you get older and start having kids.

#69365 - 10/25/08 12:41 AM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Justinmill14]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/Cleveland, Ohio
I actually bowl on particular nights, basically the "unlimited bowling" nights. I pay a flat fee of somewhere between $6-$9 for the night and get about 2.5 or 3 hours of all I can bowl. I end up bowling a minimum of 2 times a week and usually get either 3 or 4 times a week. I can't imagine getting any less and I would always enjoy more

I'm an English major, "if my doctor told me I had only 6 minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

#69368 - 10/25/08 12:49 AM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Rack Wrecker]
NewEnglandBowler Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 24/m/MA, USA
^ jeez, thats cheap. my 3 hour all-you-can-bowl is $18, and only on friday and saturday nights at that.
HS: 766 (4/25/13)
Career:
HG: 300 (4/11/12) VG Nano
HS: 766 (4/25/13) Jet Black Taboo

League
Innovate, First Blood, Jet Black Taboo, T-Zone Orange

#69390 - 10/25/08 12:54 PM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: NewEnglandBowler]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

I didn't realize it was that cheap but I never thought it was expensive either so. Wow, $18 is more than I could afford to spend right now, I'm a college student and as if $30-40k a year isn't enough to tap someone out to start with tacking on almost $20 every night I want to bowl would definitely put me in the poor house. Being a commuter helps my tuition costs a bit but then gassing up the buggy sucks the wallet bone dry all over again. Between school, food, gas, bowling, bowling balls, and nights out I'm surprised my part time job is scraping by!

I don't want to sound like I'm rubbing people's noses in it, because that's not at all what I'm trying to do, but I hopefully should be bowling tonight actually for only about $7.50 from 11-1 tonight. Obviously having your own bowling shoes cuts the cost by 2 or 3 bucks a night so I went out when I first started bowling and bought a pair for both comfort and the fact that they basically paid for themselves and then some by now.

With the US economy the way it is, not to bring any politics or anything into this thread, money is tight for all of us, bowling lanes included I suppose

I'm an English major, "if my doctor told me I had only 6 minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

#69429 - 10/25/08 10:34 PM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: NewEnglandBowler]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
During the summer a few of the centers around me will do all you can bowl for 3 hours for about $9 on Sunday's. Now the cosmic bowling on Friday and Saturday nights are a different story and its at least $15 for usually 2 maybe 3 hours. Some run quarter-mania on some nights, usually in the summer where you pay about a $5 cover charge and then its twenty five cents a game.
HS:763

#69434 - 10/26/08 12:37 AM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Reconbbs Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 21/Male/York Pennsylvania
fridays and saturdays at my home bowling alley is 52 bucks a lane for 2 hours on friday and saturday. But monday is pretty good tho. 2 hours for 5 bucks.

Hammer Black Widow Bite
DV8 Misfit
DV8 Reckless
Visionary AMB Centaur

High Game-300x2
High Series-836

Fall League Averages
Tuesday 234
Thursday 225

#69440 - 10/26/08 08:29 AM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Reconbbs]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I think one of the centers I bowl in does that as well on cosmic, but I think it's $64 a lane but that's only feasible if you have 5 more more people on that one lane. This same center changes the price for cosmic on Saturday's from $15 to $17 a person.
HS:763

#69462 - 10/26/08 06:25 PM Re: it seems like all i want to do is bowl [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Rack Wrecker Offline
Team USA Contender

Wow. I haven't bowled cosmic in about a year and only would plan on doing so if I had a group of friends. For me I find it a bit more challenging to stay consistent with my shots and my line when its extremely dark, smokey, flashing lights and loud music. But its still fun in the right situation. I would like to go again soon sometime if I can find a group of people and the right price

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by IronMike - 04/20/18 10:56 AM
I'm pizzed at my ball driller
by Dennis Michael - 04/14/18 04:37 PM
Better Polish
by W9JAB - 04/14/18 09:03 AM
Recommendations requested
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 08:34 AM
It can't come fast enough
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 08:21 AM
Original Gamebreaker
by BOSStull - 04/14/18 07:28 AM
Some awful lane conditions
by Jason_C - 04/09/18 07:08 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by champ - 04/07/18 08:39 PM
A question of degrees
by Fin09 - 04/06/18 01:28 PM
The final cut (Balls in the bag and their job)
by mmalsed - 04/04/18 12:09 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dylan585 - 03/31/18 11:30 PM
12 pound ball?
by Jason_C - 03/30/18 12:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.