BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 21 of 63 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 62 63 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6837 - 05/01/06 05:32 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Kansas
We've been 2 spots behind first for the last 3 weeks despite going 11-1 (they also went 11-1). This Friday I finally snapped out of my slump and bowled a 571 series but we lost 1-3. 3 weeks left in the league I just hope we get 2nd but 1st would be real nice. My Monday league bowls its last night tonight and we were in a fight for 3rd now we're just trying to hold on to finish at least 6th after a 2-10 skid. I've been in a slump this month, bowling 450's, but I think I finally made the right adjustment and can finish strong.
15# Quantum (Forest Green) - Dry/Wood
15# White Dot - Spares

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#6838 - 05/11/06 08:29 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 36/Male/Pell City AL, Right Ha...
Well the season is over except for the final bowl-off to determine the championship. Its tomorrow night and my team is in it! We should have a good chance to win, but it will be tough because we are most likely going to be bowling our two teammates blind. Wish us luck!

#6839 - 05/12/06 02:07 AM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 57/male/New Zealand. Right han...
Good luck to all of you, just go out there and DO IT! No pressure, hahah. I wish that I could report improving scores and things like that, but I can't. Bowled 130, 138 and 146 on my last outing in the league... threw the ball as well as I have done all season, but could I get anything to fall??? Not tonite, Josephine! After league, I was so annoyed with myself I booked a lane for a couple of games and rolled 199 and 152! That just made me more annoyed, so I went home and sulked instead. Oh well... next week, maybe. My average has tumbled to 154 as I haven't got within 20 pins of it the last two times at bat... I am getting a tad weary of bowling rubbish scores without actually bowling (too much) rubbish.
Enough grizzling from me, once again, good luck fellas and let us know how you get on.
Cheers to all,
Allan

#6840 - 05/18/06 05:31 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Hey Allan,
At least it's early in the season for you right? smile
Monday nights ended for us with our team getting 8th place (of 10). Not a good finish but most of it was mainly due to us not having the same team throughout the season (had 9 bowlers on a 5 man team). I got my 2nd "most improved bowler" keychain by raising my average from 153 to 177 over the season. Last year I got it for improving from 132 to 156 so I'm heading in the right direction smile
As far as our Friday league. We bowl the 1st place team (we're in 2nd) the last 2 weeks. We have to win at least a few points (out of 8) to guarantee our 2nd place finish. If we win all 8 we can take 1st.
15# White Dot - Spares

#6841 - 05/19/06 01:24 AM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

Cool. Best of luck for your Friday League and congrats on the MIB Pin, excellent. Yes, it is early in the season for us but I started well with an average of 170+ for the first few weeks... then it all crumbled away. I am delivering the ball well and quite accurately, good axis and revs but the pins will not fall over for me at the moment! Last week was an improvement with an average 164 over the three games with a high of 168, so, like the other weeks, I am consistent over the three games but not scoring well. I have a couple of new balls on order, on the advice of the Pro Shop guy who thinks that the lane conditions no longer suit my ball and style (they have changed the oiling pattern). I will see how that goes when I get them! In the meantime I'll just keep slugging it out. Good luck and good bowling tonite (Friday here).
Cheers, Allan.

#6842 - 05/22/06 12:16 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
bigbowlla300 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 45/male/Kansas
Well, after the fiasco on the last league, I have decided to change houses back to the house I started bowling leagues in a few years ago. It's a bit further away from home, but it's a much better alley and it also holds a lot of the major tourneys that come to the state of Kansas. if anyone's ever bowled in these tourney's, you'll know it's Northrock Lanes in Wichita. The people still know us, ask us when we're coming back, treat us well. It's time to return. Must relearn the lanes, but that's cool.

#6843 - 05/22/06 05:50 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Hey bowlla,

Looks like the State tourney is in Wichita next year. Is it Northrock and Thunderbird Lanes that will be hosting? Maybe see you there.
15# White Dot - Spares

#6844 - 05/23/06 06:43 AM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

Hi Guys, good to see you still about. Summer Leagues got going yet? I just got back from another hard night at the alley.. the team all bowled about their average (including me) but we got whipped by the opposition, to whom we gave 40 pins/ game in handicap, by an average of a further 64 pins per game! Not a happy bunch this week and no points at all - Darn! Lanes changed drastically throughout the match.. I wound up with my starting position 15 boards left of usual and my target 7 left. For someone who does not hook the ball all that much, it was really strange being on the other side of the lane.. and chasing 10 pins was a nightmare! The opposition all bowled down the 10 board and in... at about 27km/h and spraying both sides of the headpin (getting strikes all the while), while we all struggled to get onto the right side all night. Not a fun night. Never mind.. next week. Keep us informed of how you are going.. it is always interesting to see how everyone is getting on.
Cheers to all,
Allan

#6845 - 05/30/06 09:10 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 36/Male/Pell City AL, Right Ha...
Our league is over. My wife and I both got one of those "Most Improved Average" keychains like Tyveil is talking about. We also won the league and got a league champions patch, and $120 apiece.

It was the most interesting game we had all season. There was a real snafu that almost ruined it. Check this out.

One of our bowlers had back surgery the week before so he couldn't bowl - so his sister in law who's subbed for us a couple times this season came to bowl in his place. We didn't know what her average was or anything so I took the score sheet to the league secretary and told her we were bowling a sub. So she fills the score sheet out for us.

So we've beaten this team everytime we faced them this season, but tonight each game we were real close but always a few pins short. So at the end of the third game we tucked our tails and went home.

So all the way home I'm pondering and wondering how in the world it happened that we couldn't manage to beat them at least one of the games. So when I get home I get out the score sheets and start going over what had happened.

Well it turns out that the league secretary put down our subs handicap in the box where her average was supposed to go, and put her average down as her handicap. 37 points difference! So after the score sheet was corrected instead of losing 4 we won 3 ( and the championship ) - haha!

So anyway, we had to call the league officers to get it all straightened out - and I wasn't sure for a while that we were going to be the winners - thats why I didn't post about it right away. I was waiting to see what was going to happen.

Well when it was all said and done we got the patches and the prize money and the other teams know that we won, so thats what really matters.

I finished the season with a 161 average and a high game in league of 246. I never managed to get the 600 series on a league night, but I did get the clean game a few times.

League is over for the summer and it doesn't start back untill August, but we are bowling in a non-sanctioned coffe league on Weds mornings just for practice and fun.

#6846 - 06/04/06 06:36 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

Good work Mutilated1. Congrtaulations on taking out top spot - very nice. The fun and games of the paperwork war just added a bit of spice to the evening, lol. I have also been on the wrong end of a few administrative snafus that have been difficult to sort out and this has lead me to develop some spreadsheets that work on a PDA. These duplicate the forms and scoring systems we use in our league so that I can check everything is right before we submit our scoresheets and leaving for the night. Anyway, well done and good luck in your Coffee League, sounds like it will be a nice break and a bit of fun.
Cheers
Allan

Page 21 of 63 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 62 63 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - 12/14/18 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.