BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 315 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 314 315 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67609 - 09/28/08 01:15 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
Originally Posted By: Justinmill14
He was telling me that I needed a closer target, and I was saying that I have a target? The arrows, which I'm pretty sure they are close enough. Attitude?

Justin, I wasn't telling you that you needed a closer target. I sound obvisously and used the conjunction "but," implying that you're on the right track and giving you advice or something that you could add to what you were doing. If you read the post again, what I was trying to get across is that don't worry about it, spare shooting is all about angles and you have to find the ones that work for you. Developing your eye for the spares takes time and then every now and again you suddenly go blind or get punched in the eye, like my 502 last night. Besides a closer target and you'd be doing the Wes Malott thing where he looks down at the lane during his approach and I'm sure that you want to do that.

Oh alright sorry about that. I guess I took it the wrong way. I apologize.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#67718 - 09/29/08 06:33 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
No worries. It happens. Mostly because you (meaning anyone who does online posting or writing) can't tell the tone of voice that anybody else is using and sometimes the ideas don't come out as clearly as the writer thinks they are. So again no worries. Sh*t happens.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#67726 - 09/29/08 07:06 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Alright thanks.

Well today I bowled terrible terrible terrible. Shot a 147, 155, and 162. I missed to many single pin spares, I dont know if it was just cause I was a little nervous with it being our first highschool match of the season or what, but I should never miss them like that. It seems like my spare shooting has been getting worse! =(
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#67747 - 09/29/08 10:02 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Atochabsh]
Duhafen Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 19/m/Va
this is for sunday (9/28/08)

sunday night mixed league

our team managed to take the night, flawlessly

i myself had the night of my life so far, 215 234 (new high game) and a 163 for my first ever 600 series (612 to be exact)

had trouble with my single pins, more specific- 10 pins on the first 2 games and the 7 pin on the last game. will post tuesday nights score
Tuesday night mixed average:168

Current layout:

16 lbs Brunswick Rhino Pro
16 lbs Brunswick Twisted Fury Solid

#67749 - 09/29/08 11:14 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Duhafen]
johnw1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 66/m/Wynantskill/ny/usa
I kind of stumbled into a good score tonight in my Monday night mixed league. The approaches were tacky and I was constantly ending up off-balance. The captain on the opposing team was sticking also.

Somehow I ended up with a 651 - all games were over 200. I consider myself to be a 180 bowler so all in all, this was a strange night but I'm not complaining.

My knees felt good tonight despite the sticking.

#67753 - 09/30/08 02:09 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

Alright thanks.

Well today I bowled terrible terrible terrible. Shot a 147, 155, and 162. I missed to many single pin spares, I dont know if it was just cause I was a little nervous with it being our first highschool match of the season or what, but I should never miss them like that. It seems like my spare shooting has been getting worse! =(

I know the feeling. Relax, especially on the single pin shots. It's weird because all of sudden you're spare will be there and then it will suddenly disappear. I wouldn't worry about it too much, from the sounds of it, you were just nervous. It happened to me in the CA State tournament, excepy my scores were more sparadic.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#67759 - 09/30/08 06:38 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Alright thanks Demolition man, we got practice today, and I'm really going to focus on those single pins. We have a match tommorow so hopefully I will do better.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#67760 - 09/30/08 06:39 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Alright thanks Demolition man, we got practice today, and I'm really going to focus on those single pins. We have a match tommorow so hopefully I will do better.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#67866 - 10/01/08 09:35 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL

Justin-
You might already be doing this, but it would benefit you to practice spares on your first ball and then pracice strike lines on the second. This will ensure you get the reps you need to gain some confidence in your spare shooting. Hang in there, it will get better.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#67888 - 10/01/08 01:36 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Chubbs]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

Chubbs makes a very valid point. Practice some spare shots in your warm-up shots. It'll help tremendously. Recently, I've been showing up to league and I usually don't get enough time to practice my spares and it really throws me off.

Page 5 of 315 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 314 315 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 1 minute 37 seconds ago
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.