BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66367 - 09/11/08 06:06 PM Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA?
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
OK, we all have seen him, either on the Geico Team Challenge or on YouTube in international competition, but how many think that Jason Belmonte will get his Tour card next Tour Trials, he joined the PBA most recently, I just wondered what all of you thought of the Two-Handed Wonder From Down Under, and his chances of getting on Tour and perhaps, much like fellow young guns Sean Rash and Rhino Page have in years past, make an instant impact?
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#66368 - 09/11/08 07:08 PM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: BIGHMW]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I think he will be very successful should he get his tour card. He's done pretty well on the patterns plus he has the international tours working in his favors. I don't know maybe the thing about international golfers will hold up with international bowlers.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#66391 - 09/12/08 12:04 AM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
NewEnglandBowler Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 24/m/MA, USA
i think jason belmonte is too good not to do well in the PBA. i have heard numerous times from the world tenpin masters videos on youtube about how jason belmonte is arguably the best bowler in the world outside of the PBA, and it looks to me from how he bowls that they are not kidding when they say it.
HS: 766 (4/25/13)
Career:
HG: 300 (4/11/12) VG Nano
HS: 766 (4/25/13) Jet Black Taboo

League
Innovate, First Blood, Jet Black Taboo, T-Zone Orange

#66395 - 09/12/08 02:38 AM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: NewEnglandBowler]
Jock Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 51/M/France, right handed
I don't think that Jason is going to do the PBA tour full time. He's just moved to France to be able to play the EBT.

He's not going to take the pay cut nor uproot his family one more time.

He'll probably just come over for certain events, just to sort of remind people that he's around!

#66413 - 09/12/08 09:56 AM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: Jock]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I have to agree with Jock. He does very well for himself bowling World Wide. The only thing that would make him bowl more often on the PBA is pressure from his sponsor (Storm). That being said, I think that he would do very well here. He bowled in a couple of tourneys and did decent. I think that bowling on TV this summer will help him too. You could tell the first few shots he was really nervous. After that, he started making quality shots.

#66908 - 09/19/08 10:41 AM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: General Pounder]
eastwest Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: No. VA
I respect the guy's game, but I really cannot stand to watch his form. I realize I may be close-minded in this aspect, but I just can't help but slightly cringe when I see two hands on the ball like he does :-S
------------
R.I.P. DC ABT Chapter >:-|
------------
My 6th-Round.com MMA news and opinion site

#66941 - 09/19/08 04:41 PM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: eastwest]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
I think Jason does have his PBA card, but just bowls major or open event in the states. Though living in different country makes it hard, but it never stop Amletto Monicelli who bowled on tour and live in another country.

I think he does great for two handed bowler. He probablly could compete out on national tour if he wanted too.
BowlSk: Stats

#66988 - 09/20/08 01:13 PM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: Brandon510]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I remember Amleto Monacelli, yeah, he was great in his heyday, and I think that nothing is gonna stop Belmo from being on the Denny's Tour except himself, he has the stuff to become only the second player to win a PBA national title not using his thumb in the ball (Mike Miller) and the first two-handed player to do it too.

When Belmo goes on tour or makes a Denny's PBA Tour telecast (especially in a major) he will indeed influence and inspire a lot of two-handed players worldwide, and instill in them that they too, can be professional touring players, just like himself and fellow two-handed great, Osku Palermaa (he himself made to TV show in the 2004 U.S. Open).
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#66991 - 09/20/08 04:09 PM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: BIGHMW]
ron shields Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 49/male/central washington
The guy has game, even though his style is a bit repulsive. When I see the shape of his hook he looks no different than any other pro bowler. The thing I see holding him back is having to be his own coach and not having a watchful eye critiqueing his shirtcomings. Pro's get into a slump and they find someone to help them. Who will he find? He is the expert right now. Will two-handed bowling catch on? Yes and someday someone will come along and make a run at the tour and possibly take it by storm for a while. The funny thing is while his style is unique and un-orthodox, no one else can copy him, so if he does start to win, look out. Bowlers watch other bowlers to find ways to win. They integrate other peoples techniques into their style, especially if that person is winning.

http://www.bowlspot.com/share/3Qq6q788

#67695 - 09/29/08 03:52 PM Re: Will Jason Belmonte make in in the PBA? [Re: ron shields]
eastwest Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: No. VA
Wow, I am really getting tired of seeing the "Belmo" commercial on TV, heh. Nothing against the guy, I'm just getting bombarded with Motel 6, Lumber Liquidators, and Belmo ads to the point where I don't think I'd patronize any of them :-o
------------
R.I.P. DC ABT Chapter >:-|
------------
My 6th-Round.com MMA news and opinion site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - Today at 11:12 AM
no one on for 5 days
by Dennis Michael - Today at 11:06 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 08:42 AM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/18 06:43 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 04/29/18 10:29 PM
Superstitions?
by Dennis Michael - 04/26/18 06:09 PM
Better Polish
by BOSStull - 04/24/18 12:24 PM
I'm pizzed at my ball driller
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 09:55 AM
Some awful lane conditions
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 06:46 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.