BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 315 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 314 315 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67470 - 09/26/08 06:38 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Demolition man, I throw A straight ball at my spares. The splits were coming from me hitting to high on the pocket, leaving 6, 10, 7, and things like that.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#67478 - 09/26/08 09:21 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: johnw1]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: johnw1
I discussed knee surgery with my doctor, a orthopaedic surgeon, and he said I wasn't ready for surgery yet - Maybe some time in the future but not now. I asked him who does he operate on and he told me he operates on those patients who come to see him in a wheelchair. I also discussed my situation with the proprietor of the bowling alley where I bowl. His knees are worse than mine. He just confirmed what my doctor told me that surgery is a last resort.

I had my ACL repaired in Feb. My doc said that we had 2 choices. 1) We could do therapy and hope to get back most of my strength in my knee and most of my mobility. But, it will never be the way it was. 2) Repair my ACL and then go through therapy. After that, he said I should be back to 100%. Almost 8 months later and I think I am 100% back. The decision for surgery for me was an easy one. I have 3 small kids at home and want to be able to keep up with them as they get older. My mom is in her 60s and has a partially torn Achilles. She is wearing a brace and doing therapy. All depends on where you want to be in a year.

#67484 - 09/26/08 10:24 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: johnw1]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Originally Posted By: johnw1
I discussed knee surgery with my doctor, a orthopaedic surgeon, and he said I wasn't ready for surgery yet - Maybe some time in the future but not now. I asked him who does he operate on and he told me he operates on those patients who come to see him in a wheelchair. I also discussed my situation with the proprietor of the bowling alley where I bowl. His knees are worse than mine. He just confirmed what my doctor told me that surgery is a last resort.

So, let me get this straight. You have to get worse before you can get better?
People coming in with a wheelchair seem like they waited too long.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#67499 - 09/26/08 02:50 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: Justinmill14
Demolition man, I throw A straight ball at my spares. The splits were coming from me hitting to high on the pocket, leaving 6, 10, 7, and things like that.

Justin, for your spare shooting you have to remember that the pins are 60ft away so linear perspective starts to confuse your eyes and your brain. Obviously, this can be countered by choosing a closer target but even then you can still have troubles. Bowling is kind of like pool in the sense that it is all about angles and arcs. No worries though. It might take a little time, but try to find a consistent angle to throw at your spares, and most of them will be same with a little tweak here and there. And you probably already know how to adjust for high hits so I'll just leave that alone.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#67504 - 09/26/08 04:00 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

I do have one. like I said for the millionth time, I was having a bad day and was missing my marks.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#67513 - 09/26/08 05:02 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
eastwest Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: No. VA
Have one of what? He didn't mention you needing to get anything, so I'm confused as to your responding the way you did. Relax with the attitude young gun, if you want respect and advice on this board.
------------
R.I.P. DC ABT Chapter >:-|
------------
My 6th-Round.com MMA news and opinion site

#67516 - 09/26/08 05:16 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: eastwest]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

He was telling me that I needed a closer target, and I was saying that I have a target? The arrows, which I'm pretty sure they are close enough. Attitude?
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#67518 - 09/26/08 05:28 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Justinmill14]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Just bowled with a friend of mine. While there, I found there was trouble with the lane machine that has been causing all of my trouble. I changed lines and went to a weaker ball. I shot 188, 210, 235. And, this on a shot that I could hardly break 500 on. Once, I knew what the shot was, it made a difference.

#67542 - 09/26/08 11:56 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Cryssen Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Louisville, KY, USA
New shoes with only one slide sole. Took a couple of frames to get used to that. I also tried a different line all four games, see what was working for me tonight.

One thing I've noticed with my new swing is that when I miss, I'm leaving a lot more splits - usually involving the 4 and the 10. I'm going to see about getting with the coach again next week and get some video.
15# Circle Rio Plastic(Spare Ball)

HGS: 274
HSS: 732

My Team's Stats:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmPIj_prGtsodGd1dTg5bEVnVFRSR0VES05QZWY4WGc

#67543 - 09/27/08 12:39 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Cryssen]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

I subbed tonight on the dreaded shot. I stood inside about 30 and targeted 12 at the break. I noticed it was also speed sensitive. Too slow and I crossed over. Too fast, and I didn't make it up.

Well, I also found the 2 lanes playing different, too. Washout, strike, washout, spare, 2-10, spare. The left ad less reaction than the right. Fiddles around trying to find a line on the left lane and finished with a 169. I followed it with a 225 then a 215. So, I guess I may have succeeded.

It's a far cry from my 169 average I have been fighting. It's about normal.

By the way, I got out to 5 once and it slid right into the gutter.

Edited by Dennis Michael (09/27/08 12:43 AM)

Page 3 of 315 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 314 315 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.