BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 30 of 149 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 148 149 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67324 - 09/24/08 08:49 PM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Brian Longo]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
When i leave solid 10 in a row. I usually soften up my speed and it usually does the trick.
BowlSk: Stats

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#67342 - 09/24/08 10:56 PM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Brandon510]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 51/M/Brockton, MA
My Week 4 bowling (BowlSK)

I'm still all kinds of inconsistent (where have I heard that before?...hehehehehe!), but my night had its moments, including getting a double in the 10th with a spare working when my team needed it in the second game to take the point (and it counted this time laugh ). Net win for the team, as we took 3 of the 4 points.

Blog: http://tenthboard.net/2008/09/25/still-inconsistent
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 573 HG: 233
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 171

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#67345 - 09/25/08 12:25 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Richie V.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Well, got a call from the wife, who needed my help at a neighbor's. She always volunteers me to help the single women in the neighborhood. Then, she stays there to watch. Hmph. I think she is proud we're still together, and they are not. Anyway, it's bowling night, so I hurried and had to leave. got to the lanes right at practice balls, and missed them. So, I started with my first ball in the game.

When I walked in, the heat inside rushed through the door. Seems, the AC was not working too well. When I rolled my first ball, the approaches were so tacky from humidity, I stuck and almost went over the line. The oily lanes were like they smeared oil any which way. This led to a miserable night. Bowlers complaining, some threatening to quit. No one on the 18 teams bowled well. High series for the night was 602. the Pres is trying to appease bowlers, but really doesn't want to cause trouble with the House. So, another night of trying to quiet bowlers down, and losing my focus. I am losing patience, which I told the Pres, and if he doesn't say something to the House, he will see a mass exodus, and some sooner than later.

I really don't know my exact scores, but I do know we won 2 games. Whether we took series, I can't tell since I was in discussions right after bowling. This is NOT fun.

Our weekly sheet looks terrible. All averages are down. High series is only 614, High average is only 196, High Game is only 237. There are too many 150s' with 200's. No bowler is rolling consistently through the night. The second top bowler had 430 after 2 games and finished with 560. The lanes break down, are hard to find a line, and are impossible to read. The league next to us announced their high game was bowled in the second game tonight, 214. This is just horrible.

I hurt my hip tonight when I stuck on the approach, and bowled stiff legged for most of the night. Another teammate, who averaged 215 last year, and holds a 186 now, hurt his knee, and threatened to walk out.

My games were 150 something, and 2 180 somethings. I am disgusted.

Then, I walked out to my car, and realized I left my keys on the settee table. I just left my ball bag next to my car, and ran back into the center. Got my keys, and ran back to my car. When I got there, my balls were gone. I looked around, and saw nothing. I was livid. I started walking back into the Center, when someone called. Seems a bowler saw me run back in, and hid my bag behind his car, while he and a friend watched my return, and laughed, and laughed. I was in no mood for jokes. Haven't hit another for quite some time. But, I did tonight. His buddy wanted no part of me. I'm still PO'd.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#67347 - 09/25/08 12:32 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Dennis Michael]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
That sounds like a bad night all around Dennis. All I can say on days like that is by comparison tomorrow SHOULD be a better day. For you I hope it is.
Storm - Natural

#67363 - 09/25/08 04:56 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Silent Mike]
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 57/male/New Zealand. Right han...
Wow Dennis. That sounds like it was NOT a good night! As for your bowling conditions, I think we may have discussed this scenario a few times over the last couple of years, only it was me doing the griping. I fully (and I mean FULLY) understand where you are coming from and what you are experiencing and can only hope that the Centre gets it's act together and fixes the place so that you can bowl properly and soon.
Good luck, but most of all, keep your sense of humour smile

Cheers,
Allan

Edited by Bikedad (09/25/08 04:58 AM)
Edit Reason: Fat finger syndrome

#67364 - 09/25/08 05:25 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Bikedad]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
Man Dennis, I've never heard of such trouble in leagues before. Move over here where it's safe lol. Do you have some sort of responsibility in that league? I'm wondering because you mentioned trying to quiet people down, but maybe that's just how you are and don't want people complaining. The bigger issue however seems to be your lane conditions. I think I recall you saying something before about them switching to a different type of oil in an effort to make the pattern break down slower. If they're still using that I'm guessing that needs to stop. The least they could do is give a house shot similar to ours, although the way it pans out is likely due to our surface more than anything. It's not an easy house shot like some people complain about but it's definitely readable and you can find lines. Hope things get better.

#67371 - 09/25/08 08:30 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Jay R.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Amateur, I'm the VP of the league. My responsibility is to field complaints and raise issues of all kinds to the Officers to discuss, and take action if needed.

#67373 - 09/25/08 09:09 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Jay R.]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Man Dennis,
That sounds like a rough night all the way around. Can you really put up with that cra* all year? Maybe the best thing to do is to join that other team you reffered to last week at another center. I look forward to bowling every week, its usually my fault when I bowl badly..but its in my control. All this other nonsense you have to put up with is out of your control, the house don't seem to give a hoot. It should be an enjoyable , and competetive night out...against other bowlers, not a half a$$ed house.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#67375 - 09/25/08 09:31 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Tim Gerard]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
By comparison to Dennis's night, Mine looks ok now.
I was mediocre at best, but I am retraining myself to have a better delivery, and its starting to sink in. I only averaged 180 something for the night, but compared to the last few weeks, thats an improvment.

As a team we smoked the other team by triple digits every game. Our leadoff bowler had a great night shooting 690, just missing his first sanctioned 700.
Tonights another opportunity.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#67376 - 09/25/08 09:32 AM Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2008 [Re: Tim Gerard]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

I made a commitment to my team, and the league respected me enough to draft me into the VP spot. Without my approval, mind you. So, not being a quitter, I will stick out the year. I am putting together a team for next year at another House. There are too many good bowlers, and some friends too, who feel the same way I do.

Here's the bottom line. 2 years ago, there were 2 men's leagues. Mon Nite Sport (14 teams), and Wed Nite Classic (16 teams). Both very competitive. The House decided not to be bothered with the weekly taping and reporting, so they did not sanction it as a Sport league. They lost 9 of 14 teams the next year. 5 new teams got added, but not sport bowlers.

This year, we lost 2 teams, and the Sport league folded. So we absorbed 4 teams from Monday, now totaling 18. After this year, the Wed Nite will be in the same boat as the Sport of last year, they will lose teams and bowlers.

I blame the Ast Mgr for this. He decided Not to register the Sport League. He filled that league with substandard bowlers. He determined the shot for Wed. He talked our Pres into picking up the substandard bowlers. He thinks he runs everything. Well, he is [censored] it up. This house will not have leagues in a few years.

Even the 2 women's leagues have complained. The answer they got was that Our league wanted the new shot. Nothing but a LIE. They have bowlers quitting too.
The Fri mixed league started with 20 teams, and are already down to 12, with a Vacant.

Page 30 of 149 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 148 149 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - Yesterday at 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.