BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66608 - 09/14/08 05:31 PM Tournament Woes
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
BowlSK'd results: http://www.bowlsk.com/games/view-tournament.html?tournament=13183

I don't think I have ever been as disappointed in myself on the lanes as I am right now. Some relaxation with my wife has taken a bit of the sting off, but I still feel a pit inside of me.

+144 after 3 games. +93 after 5. The cut was +108. I missed 6 spares that should not have been missed. All to the left. What happened?

Game 4 was on the tough pair. Neither lane was consistent from shot to shot, and everyone struggled. My 178 was 2nd high on the pair for us - the group in front of us included a 107. It was game 5. Physically, I felt off. It felt like bowling hungry, but I had been eating. I think I was just nervous. Why? I can hang with these guys - there's a reason I was in 4th, and 2 of the 3 ahead of me had not hit the tough pair yet. I tried to make good shots - I told myself good things right before each shot. But the Execution just wasn't there. Lots of pulls. Lots of turning early. Still, a clean game would have gotten me where I needed to be. Even a double in the 10th would have gotten me into match play (though I didn't know it at the time), but I went 9- for a 171. I finished in 6th - the guys that catapulted into 4th and 5th did so with a 266 and a 256.

Hey, that's ok Chris, you probably did well in the brackets with those first 3 games, right? Well, I was in 2, and in my 256 game, I had 2 258s shot at me.

I feel like this is going to affect me on the lanes for a bit. I need to shake it off. I know what I'll be working on Tuesday at lunch time, and it involves the corners of the lane.

I practiced on Saturday, did a game of 10 pins. The only one I missed was the first ball I threw - every shot once I was warmed up got the 10. I missed 2 of them today. I miss them on the right lane - maybe the ball return does something to me? I was practicing on the left lane Saturday... I'll have to get a pair Tuesday.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#66609 - 09/14/08 06:05 PM Re: Tournament Woes [Re: cgeorg]
Brian Pickell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/M/Fort Wayne, IN
I don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but I have never bowled in a tournament before and have no idea what the + numbers are for. Could you enlighten me..

Thanks..

Sorry about the bad match today.

14LB Black Widow Solid
14LB Brunswick T-Zone
14LB Ebonite NVD
15LB Emerald Vibe

#66610 - 09/14/08 06:07 PM Re: Tournament Woes [Re: Brian Pickell]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Above/below par, which would be a 200/game.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#66612 - 09/14/08 06:36 PM Re: Tournament Woes [Re: cgeorg]
Brian Pickell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/M/Fort Wayne, IN
oh okay. I would be out the first round then... Me average 200 yeah that would be the day ... LOL ... after 3 games I would be - 150 smile

14LB Black Widow Solid
14LB Brunswick T-Zone
14LB Ebonite NVD
15LB Emerald Vibe

#66660 - 09/15/08 02:27 PM Re: Tournament Woes [Re: Brian Pickell]
NewEnglandBowler Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 24/m/MA, USA
i've done that too, cg. holiday scratch tournament last year, had a 1216 for 6 games, which was the best i've done in that tournament ever, but missed qualifying for stepladder finals by 28. started the squad with a 118, which was ultimately my downfall. could have gotten a 150 and played for the prizes.

that may have been what stuck in my head all year, because after that tournament i didn't even come close to placing in anything after that.
HS: 766 (4/25/13)
Career:
HG: 300 (4/11/12) VG Nano
HS: 766 (4/25/13) Jet Black Taboo

League
Innovate, First Blood, Jet Black Taboo, T-Zone Orange

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:42 AM
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.