BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 ... 62 63 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6637 - 09/23/05 12:46 PM Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Kansas
Have you ever had one of those days where you're bored out of your mind at work and can't seem to accomplish anything because all you can think about is the bowling game coming up that night/weekend? No? Well, I am.

The league is in it's 3rd week and we're in first place (8 teams). This is our third year and the first year we finished 3rd and last year 7th (we stunk it up!) I'm so pumped up just to keep playing competitive and keep our averages going up throughout the year. I just bought a high-performance ball on Monday and wow am I pleased with it! First time I've tried a thumb slug and I'm going to have to get all my balls redrilled with one, it is so nice!

The ball is also the most aggressive ball I've ever bowled with. You would think I was a cranker by my 8th game last Tuesday (throwing from the 40 or above board, break point all the way down at the 5-7 and it would hook like a madman). Of course if the lanes get that dry during league I think I'll go back to my less aggressive Quantum, because that was just too much hook for me to control, and I had to throw it HARD to get the breakpoint downlane far enough.

Anyways, I'm just pumped up to play tonight, and it's over 7 hours away..... woe is me! frown

*** Wish more people were chatting here to keep my mind occupied *** :p
15# Quantum (Forest Green) - Dry/Wood
15# White Dot - Spares

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#6638 - 09/23/05 05:48 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Nobody is excited about their Fri. night league! Heh... ok then. I'm heading home from work, ready to bowl. Good luck to all bowlers (unless you're playing me).
15# White Dot - Spares

#6639 - 09/23/05 10:55 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 36/Male/Pell City AL, Right Ha...
I was real excited about mine, been working and practcing up all week for it. The first two games my team beat the pants off the other team, and then the third game I guess we got tired or something because the wheels just kind of fell off.

All in all we had a good time, I bowled ( 151, 148, 111 ) which is much worse than I've been bowling in practice this week, but at least my league average didn't go down.

My team won two games and lost one, and in our league the total points for the series counts as a fourth game which we also lost.

I was a little disappointed because I've been rolling 160s and 170s all weekend, and was expecting to do much better, but oh well we'll get 'em next weekend I'm sure.

#6640 - 09/27/05 05:34 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Hey if your league average isn't going down, you're doing good smile I'm having troubles keeping mine where it is, and it should be at least 20 higher.

Our league night was a serious heartbreaker. We lost the first game by about 40 pins. The second game, we came back and won a squeeker (about 20 pins). The third game we were blowing them out of the water through the first 5 frames (went from down about 80 due to handicap to up almost 100 pins), then I don't know what happened, we fell apart. The 10th frame, 3 out of 4 of us bowled splits (I split both the 9th and 10th frames) and we ended up losing the 3rd and 4th points (total pins)!!

It was one of the most frustrating nights of bowling I have ever had.
15# White Dot - Spares

#6641 - 09/27/05 07:29 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

Well three things I am doing differently this week...

1. I'm not practicing at all on Thursday and Friday before league except for the warmup period before official league scoring starts.

2. I'm going to roll my older ball for all my spare attempts unless its a spare where the pins line up like I should use my strike ball. I found I can throw the "spare" ball much straighter with the same grip as my strike ball, and I seem to be much more consistent on one or two pin spare attempts.

3. I'm not going to start drinking beer untill league is over, last week I started drinking beer about the third frame of the last game, and didn't make a spare from that point on. This week I'll save my beer for celebrating after we whip their a**es. smile

I've been hitting 170s and 180s in practice, and this Friday we are playing one of the better teams in our league. I think if we play up we stand a good chance of winning 4 games.

#6642 - 09/28/05 08:50 AM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Just call me Al Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 63/M/ Long Island, NY - right ...
Beer & Bowling!! who heard of such a thing.
I forget if I bowl to drink beer or drink beer to bowl.

But in all seriousness, since you do have a trip home to make, keep your consumption level down.

I have experimented with various combo's over the years, the one that worked best was coffee the 1st game, then beer for the 2nd and 3rd.

#6643 - 09/28/05 03:41 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Coffee or caffeine in general would never work for me in bowling. I'm already a nervous person and it has taken a lot of mental training to get myself perfectly calm for that first shot. Caffeine tends to get me all jittery and stuff. I find I bowl best after 1 beer, it's just slowing down after that that is sometimes a problem wink
15# White Dot - Spares

#6644 - 09/28/05 04:31 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Just call me Al Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 63/M/ Long Island, NY - right ...
Whats best for you, only your body knows.
Good luck.

#6645 - 09/28/05 05:42 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Nothing more refreshing to get you jump started then a nice stiff bourbon and coke.

#6646 - 09/28/05 05:48 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

We went bowling this morning with a bunch of people from the league, and played three unoffiical games with a $1 per person pot going to the highest score. I bowled a 184 first game, tying my alltime high, and the second game I missed 3 spares in a row but still ended with a 171 and won the pot! Third game I got to tired to bowl well, only rolled 120.

I hope I can do as well on Friday at league.

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 ... 62 63 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 09/23/20 09:16 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.