BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 62 63 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6657 - 10/26/05 11:01 AM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: Kansas
11 available points in a single night? How does your league do their scoring?

All the leagues I've bowled in have been 3 games - 1 pt. per game and 1 pt. for total pins.
15# Quantum (Forest Green) - Dry/Wood
15# White Dot - Spares

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#6658 - 10/26/05 02:16 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 36/Male/Pell City AL, Right Ha...
I'm really looking forward to bowling league this Friday, last night and this morning both I bowled well above my average playing 3 game series on two lanes in league format. I wish they would get the official score standing sheets from last week posted online, I'm real anxious to look at them. There are only two teams in the league we haven't played yet, so I expect we'll be playing one or the other of them, and fortunately we have a lot more handicap points than they do so I'm optimistic we can win four again if we keep it up. My wife has gotten deadly accurate with getting her spares this week too, so I'm confident and excited!

#6659 - 10/27/05 01:22 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

They finally got our scores from last week posted up. I had the high-handicap game and series of the men! But we are playing a different team this Friday than I was expecting and the last time we played that team we only won 1/2 of a game, I really hope we will do better this time, the teams are pretty evenly matched but we have a few more handicap points than they do, still we had more handicap points than that last time and we only won 1/2 of a game. Also, I misjudged the score and now in the official standings we are only in first place by 1/2 game not even a whole game like I was thinking. We're going to have to do really well to win.

#6660 - 10/28/05 02:58 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Well, I think this week is our first of four roll-offs in our league. Last week we were tied for #1 playing the other team tied for #1 and ended up spliting points 2-2. So this week we could end up bowling the same team. However, the team in third was only one point behind so they could have surpassed us.

It's good at least to be near the top of the standings after last years disappointing last place finish. Good luck to everyone getting ready for your weekend leagues. I know I'm ready to bowl right now! (4 hrs left of work!)
15# White Dot - Spares

#6661 - 10/28/05 03:35 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 57/male/New Zealand. Right han...
Hi Tyveil, good luck for the weekend. Your enquiry about the 11 available points.. it works like this... our teams are three person and we bowl three games per match. Each game is worth two points (six total) and the overall win (total pinfall) is worth another two points. Each person also competes against his/her opposite number in a head-to-head competition with each win being worth one point per game which is added to the team score. This gives us our 11 points available for the night. It can (and has) made for some interesting nights as well as allowing a team to score at least the odd point or two even if they are getting a hiding in game scores. Hope that explains it for you. Cheers.

#6662 - 10/28/05 03:42 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Hey Bikedad,

That sounds like a fun format. I think it would take me a bit to get used to the scoring though.
15# White Dot - Spares

#6663 - 10/28/05 06:11 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

It took me a while as well! For about half a season I didn't realise that I was in a competition with my "opposite" number and was always puzzled by the scores posted the following week. It does make the desire to bowl well a bit stronger as those extra points really add up over a season. During the match, though, I don't pay any attention to the scores (can't read 'em without my specs on) but I do have a very good idea of how well I am bowling and if I am staying up with my competitor. Personally, I enjoy the system and find team games without it lose a bit of the edge off the challenge. It is almost like having a "bet on the side."
Have fun and, once again, good luck for the weekend.

#6664 - 10/29/05 10:31 AM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Tyveil Offline
Team USA Contender

Well, league was a lot of fun last night. We took the first game by 20 pins. The second game we had a small lead going into the 10th. My three partners all had a stroke of really bad luck and missed pretty easy spares, all three opened. So I needed 2 strikes in the 10th to win the game. 1st ball - Strike. 2nd ball - hit light and left a 2-4-5-8. Picked up my spare and lost by 2 pins. The third game I came back strong and shot a 226 for a 581 series (193 average.. my league average in this league right now is 156). So, we ended up winning 3 of 4 and hopefully we're in first place heading into next week.
15# White Dot - Spares

#6665 - 10/29/05 06:36 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

Good work! Now, forget about being in first place and just bowl and enjoy next week. Best of luck and lookin forward to your next post. Cheers.

#6666 - 10/29/05 06:37 PM Re: Weekend Leagues Get Ready!!
Mutilated1 Offline
High Roller

Good job, I'm glad you did well.

Our first game our team did well. I missed three easy spares that I should have made and bowled 167. The rest of our team did good but unfortunately the other team just out bowled us and even with our bigger handicap we couldn't make up the difference.

The second game, I got a few strikes just couldn't get them strung together and still had problems with the spares. Got a spare in the 10th frame and bowled a gutter ball on the last ball and ended with 137. A frustrating game, but we beat the other team solidly on the scratch.

The third game I finally got some spares happening along with my strikes, and we got well ahead of the other team on the scratch and made up all the pins we got behind on the first game. The other team left a lot of opens and by the 8th frame we knew we had it in the bag. I struck in 8, spared in 9, and turkeyed in 10 to end with 186.

I was again disappointed by bowling below what I know I can bowl, but except for the second game I bowled above my 146 average and managed to move my average up to 149. We won 3 games, lost 1 and we're now tied for first place in total games, but we're ahead on pins, but I don't think total pins counts for a tie breaker.

Page 3 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 62 63 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 09/23/20 09:16 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.