BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6610 - 07/12/06 10:30 PM Re: What is your opinnion on USBC new rule?
BillinPhilly Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 50 / M / Malvern, PA
Great topic.

I know there is also some kind of rule or agreement that went in where the differential on bowling balls has to be reduced. Many companies used to make balls with differentials well over .060. Now there aren't many left, and most of those those that are left will be going away soon. How this was determined, I don't know.

But personally, I am in favor of most of what the USBC is trying to do. Let's look at some recent bowling news - a 9 year old just bowled a 300. *9 years old*! And a 10 year old bowled a 900 series. *10 years old*! And you know these kids weren't even using 16 lb bowling balls.

Isn't that enough right there to make people stop and take a hard look at what's going on with this game?

As somebody else wrote previously, I also have been away from the game for a few years. And my eyes were wide the first few weeks back. I see people with no fundamentals whatever - sliding on the wrong foot, some not even sliding at all because they're bowling in flip flops and street shoes - stringing strike after strike and Bowling 200+.
even old ladies who can barely lift the ball.

You can just buy one of these "hook in a box" balls, have it drilled, and bowl 200 now with no skill or practice. I see it every week - everybody is doing it. So I also had to go out and buy a new ball, and shortly after, my average also went up 50 pins or so. Yes, its that easy now.

I also notice that alot of people who are physically or mentally challenged - for lack of a better word - bowl. And many bowl well.

Yes, its obvious that the game has reached a point where you don't need any skill anymore. And I agree it is time for some changes.

Those who don't like it always have the option not to sanction their league. But I hope most people will - and that most people will see these changes really are intended to make the game better. What does it mean to have a 200 average if a 9 year old with a 10 lb ball is doing it?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#6611 - 07/12/06 10:42 PM Re: What is your opinnion on USBC new rule?
BillinPhilly Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 50 / M / Malvern, PA
..And by the way, "coaching" is a relatively new fad. A few years ago, "coaches" were unheard of. Everybody learned to bowl by doing it. You picked up a ball, maybe somebody gave you some tips or pointers, but you learned by doing - "sink or swim".

So don't give me this crud that coaches and better coaching are now responsible for all these high scores. Bull! The 80 year old lady in my league that shot a 210 tonight never had a coach.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.