BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65417 - 09/01/08 11:12 PM Re: My experience at the world men's championships [Re: Pattayabowler]
Pattayabowler Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 54/M/USA/THAILAND
In his post, Luksa made the point that you don't have to have perfect Execution to bowl well and I confess that there was some strange happenings going on with some of the bowler's approaches and releases. There were two-handed bowlers, bowlers with backswings that extended staight up to the 12 o'clock position, you name it, but the one thing that I consistently noticed was that, no matter what style of Execution was used, the Execution was repetitive and consistent.

I followed Walter Ray for the most part while I was there and his Execution looked like one of those video clips set on continous loop. I couldn't tell any deviation in his approach, swing or release, even his line. I'm sure that he may have made minor changes of hand, speed and target area, but it was hard to see with the naked eye. Every match I saw, he rolled over the 5 board, give or take a board whether he was bowling on the short (34ft.) or the long (43ft.) pattern. I think that the most important thing that I learned from watching Walter Ray, other than his Execution, was that his equipment matched the lanes and his style of bowling. He didn't try to make major adjustments with equipment that didn't fit the conditions. Walter Ray had some difficulty at the beginning of the tournament. He and Chris Barnes didn't bowl very well during the doubles competition and the first day of triples, but over the course of the tournament, Walter was able to figure out the patterns and by the latter half of the tournament, singles and masters competition, he was all set. During the masters competition, they alternated bowling games on the short and long patterns. From what I could see, and I was standing right behind him, he pretty much through the same line, but alternated between balls. He basically either rolled the MoRich NSane LVG/RG and I believe it was the Solid LVG/RG. I watched Walter bowled this way during the first match of the masters tournament against Rhino Page. Walter just plugged along using the outside line, switching balls every other game, basically just keeping it simple. On the other hand, Rhino would bowl the outside line on one lane then switch balls and roll inside out on the other, I think, adding a level of difficulty to the equation.

In addition to the above, I took from this event a little better understanding of lane patterns, I studied closely the different release styles, and matching your equipment to the conditions and be prepared to change quickly if your initial plan is not working. Even though Walter Ray continued to use the outside line, I noticed that during the practice session prior to each match, he would pull out additional balls and roll different lines to see the reaction of the balls.

Pattayadavid
Hammer - Black Widow Pearl - Medium
Hammer - Emerald Vibe - Dry to Light
Ebonite - Maxim - Spare

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.