BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65230 - 08/29/08 12:56 PM PBAX Tourney Tomorrow
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Pattern I'm worried about the most is the Shark especially if it's one of the 4 qualifying patterns.

I would like to play up 12-14 with end over end to start (play straight up 12, 13, or 14 whichever gives me the best look). Coach, CG, Lefty, or other knowledgeable players; any other simple ways to play the shark. I don't want to give the pocket OR the three pin away.

Oh yeah almost forgot, WATCH MY SPEED!

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#65232 - 08/29/08 01:15 PM Re: PBAX Tourney Tomorrow [Re: GunsTariq]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Give us more info on your arsenal.

I had 2 good looks. One up 8 with my Cell (1000 grit, pin under, low flare), end over end. One getting in deeper, crossing between 3rd and 4th arrow with my Avalanche Solid (4000 grit, pin up, low flare, strong release, lots of axis rotation). I could also play in between those lines with my Total Inferno (4000 grit, pin up, medium flare, high revs, medium axis rotation).

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#65251 - 08/29/08 05:32 PM Re: PBAX Tourney Tomorrow [Re: cgeorg]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Most people start out around 10. You're on the right side so you'll move in more than I would. My only advice is don't stick with a line because you think you're supposed to stick with it. If it feels like you have to get the ball wider, do it. If the ball isn't finishing, move. Just trust what you're seeing because you can't get frames back.

#65263 - 08/29/08 07:44 PM Re: PBAX Tourney Tomorrow [Re: Lefty]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Early in the Shark set, I could stand at 17 and hit 10 straight up with an agressive ball. As the oil moved, I would cut the angle by moving farther right, and moving 2-1, and carried well.

Roll straight at any spares.

Don't swing on either first or second balls.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#65285 - 08/30/08 08:46 AM Re: PBAX Tourney Tomorrow [Re: GunsTariq]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
The key to the shark, no matter what ball you use or what line you play is to keep your ball speed low and get a lot of roll on the ball by cupping the ball then uncupping through the release. This will get the ball into an earlier roll and allow the ball to read the break point.

The rule of thumb is to start off at the length of the pattern - 31 at the break point, so 44-31 = 13. Line up to play the ball straight up 13 for starters and throw the ball slow as possible and let watch the ball's reaction, that will tell you where to stand to hit that point at the break point, then try a shot standing to get the ball to the pocket and watch how the ball hits the pins. If the ball is finishing right of the 9 pin, then it is deflecting too much and you need a stronger piece, if it is finishing left of the 9 pin then the ball is too strong and you need to go weaker.

If it is a house with amf hpl lanes or wood lanes, then you should take a few shots up the 5 and 8 board like cg suggested and watch the ball's reaction as I described above.

#65382 - 09/01/08 04:41 AM Re: PBAX Tourney Tomorrow [Re: CoachJim]
Jock Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 51/M/France, right handed

Well, Guns, how'd it go?

#65391 - 09/01/08 10:43 AM Re: PBAX Tourney Tomorrow [Re: Jock]
Brian Pickell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/M/Fort Wayne, IN
At my center with wood lanes and my BWS @ OOB I had the most luck playing straight up 5. If I missed my mark; the only safe miss was if it went up 7, that would cause it to hit Brooklyn and carry for a strike. If I missed and hit the 4 board it would miss the head pin. If I went up 6 I would hit high and have a split.

14LB Black Widow Solid
14LB Brunswick T-Zone
14LB Ebonite NVD
15LB Emerald Vibe

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - Today at 01:20 AM
What to do?
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 07:17 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 06:14 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 01/26/20 05:10 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.