BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64711 - 08/23/08 08:14 AM Terry Towel or Microfiber?
friedbrains Offline
Junior

A/S/L: M/Dubai
did some search, but none came up...

what do you think is more effective in wiping out those oil, terry towel or microfiber cloth?

or perhaps its a BS question as it doesn't matter which one i use at all coz perhaps an old jockey can even be used, right? grin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#64712 - 08/23/08 09:35 AM Re: Terry Towel or Microfiber? [Re: friedbrains]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Many believe the microfiber is better. It is suppose to pull the oil away from the ball. Terry cloth tends to moving it around after a few uses. It all comes down to personal preference though. Do you want to spend more on what is suppose to be "better" or just have something to wipes the ball off with. I think I have a microfiber that I use to wipes down in between shots, and then terry cloth for using the ball cleaner. As long as your towel clean that's all that matters.
HS:763

#64713 - 08/23/08 09:49 AM Re: Terry Towel or Microfiber? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
And if you're going to get microfiber towels, go to the auto parts store or Walmart. They're a heck of a lot cheaper and do the same job. I get a pack of 3 for less than 1 costs at a Pro Shop.

#64714 - 08/23/08 11:21 AM Re: Terry Towel or Microfiber? [Re: Lefty]
friedbrains Offline
Junior

Originally Posted By: Lefty
And if you're going to get microfiber towels, go to the auto parts store or Walmart. They're a heck of a lot cheaper and do the same job. I get a pack of 3 for less than 1 costs at a pro shop.

true, its cheaper in auto parts store, however there are many different kinds of microfiber cloth, i have one for my guitar, and i have another for my computer and both are not the same...

#64739 - 08/23/08 09:08 PM Re: Terry Towel or Microfiber? [Re: friedbrains]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

Its mainly the weave that is the difference.

#64767 - 08/24/08 03:42 AM Re: Terry Towel or Microfiber? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
friedbrains Offline
Junior

^ sorry, i disagree...

there are some microfiber cloth that are designed to remove wax, and if i am not mistaken some ball polishers are basically wax, hence if you use this type of microfiber, you are actually removing the wax instead of polishing it... just my 0.2

#64776 - 08/24/08 09:10 AM Re: Terry Towel or Microfiber? [Re: friedbrains]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

I don't use microfibers to polish so I wouldn't know. I use a polishing pad or terry cloth and a ball spinner. All you need to get is a regular microfiber towel though, it should have a tag or something that says it does something else other than clean.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 03:09 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by Dennis Michael - 11/14/18 11:23 AM
Ebonite Day at my Proshop
by Dennis Michael - 11/07/18 01:11 PM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Dennis Michael - 11/03/18 10:05 AM
Gouges and scratches on bowling ball
by Dennis Michael - 10/31/18 11:54 AM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - 10/22/18 10:42 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.