BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63740 - 08/10/08 04:33 PM New videos from practice
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Alright i have five new videos, i tried straightning my arm on back swing more wich worked and also worked on my push off. And sorry i didnt just put them all together, since it was my moms camera, I couldnt figure out how to pause it so we could get to different angles

heres the first one, just of my release, as u can see i straightened my arm a bit (and that is my index finger not my middle that is pointing up on the release

Second one, just another video but this time different view

third one- just another video same angle.

and another one

and heres the last one, it is the longest one.

please watch them all and whatever suggestions u guys have are very much appreciated
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#63743 - 08/10/08 06:10 PM Re: New videos from practice [Re: Justinmill14]
Reconbbs Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 21/Male/York Pennsylvania
I can't really help you with advice on your technique but i can help you out in another aspect. Is there a reason why you are wearing house shoes or do you always wear them. If I were you I'd get a nice quality pair of bowling shoes. It'll help you with your balance at the line and they'll keep you from sliding around like the house shoes do.

Hammer Black Widow Bite
DV8 Misfit
DV8 Reckless
Visionary AMB Centaur

High Game-300x2
High Series-836

Fall League Averages
Tuesday 234
Thursday 225

#63746 - 08/10/08 06:39 PM Re: New videos from practice [Re: Reconbbs]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I don't think its just the broswer, we've all had the issues and I've used two different broswers while having the problem.

As for Justin's shoes, thats been covered at one point in another thread about him needing to get a pair of his own.

Justin, now on to the video and suggestions. One of the first things I noticed was you have almost no push away and your whole swing looks forced. You also start to speed up in the approach after your second step. I also think you are trying too hard to make the ball hook and at times lofting it because of this. Your body also twists almost perpendicular to the ball path as you release it. That lend itself to missing your mark often as well as poor leverage at release. Your trail leg does not need to be kicked all the way to the far side as you are doing, just behind you is fine.
HS:763

#63748 - 08/10/08 06:56 PM Re: New videos from practice [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Okey i'll take a stab at this. I'm no expert either so what i see. You arm swing loks very controled and muscled. Plus you bend your elbow in the begining of your arm swing and then straighten it out and on release it looks like you chicken wing it. Try to keep your arm swing straight and close your body.
BowlSk: Stats

#63749 - 08/10/08 06:59 PM Re: New videos from practice [Re: Reconbbs]
Satyuros Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 19/m/Alberta Canada
I'm having issues with the browser too, my posts sometimes go through but the site doesn't say that I posted anything, or they don't post.. kind of annoying. And where is the edit button, am I retarded or something..?

I definately agree with Recon about getting a pair of real bowling shoes, you can really see that you don't have your feet under you at all, and while it may seem like a small thing, that will help a lot. You'll probably see that you'll be able to "hit" the ball better, or get some more revs out of it, because you'll be planted at the line firmly.

You mentioned your arm and your pushaway. I too had a problem with my arm being bent, and it took quite a while to fix since I was trying to develop a high backswing. But your backswing is still pretty short and balanced, and that's fine, that will make it easier to fix and work with. What's good here is that by working on your push away first, it should hopefully lead to fixing your arm. You have almost next to no pushaway, and you start your ball pretty low in your stance. What that does is it leads you to muscle the ball into your backswing, hence the bent elbow. What I would try suggesting to do, is raise your ball up in your stance more, and work on this drill to help develop a push away. When you're holding the ball, literrly push the ball forcefully out in front of you, until your arm is fully extended, then just let it drop. Try not to pull it back at ALL, just let it drop. Practice this for maybe like half an hour or something, and maybe stand closer to the foul line since it might mess with your timing. And just work on pushing the ball out, letting it go with no muscle or as little as you can, and just release the ball. That was a drill that I practiced to fix my arm, and I found it worked well for me. i'm sorry if that's confusing at all, let me know if there's anything you didn't understand and i'll try to elaborate. I'm taking my level 1 coaching course in a couple weeks, so I'll be able to help out in this thread a little bit better once I complete it. And guys like Dennis and Jim will either correct me or hopefully help you out as well.

Edited by Satyuros (08/10/08 07:10 PM)
Storm T-road Pearl
Ebonite Maxim Blazing Fire
Hammer Black Widow Venom
Morich Seek and Destroy(old)

High Single: 300
High Series: 747
League Average: 209

#63755 - 08/10/08 09:20 PM Re: New videos from practice [Re: Satyuros]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

i have bowling shoes on the way so dont worry about that
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#63772 - 08/11/08 04:02 AM Re: New videos from practice [Re: ]
Luksa Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Slovenia
A few suggestions:

- shorten your approach (go to the foul line, face away from the pins and make 5 1/2 normal walking steps while looking straight ahead - not down. that's where your starting position should be)

- try to walk at a normal walking pace instead of running (shortening the approach should help with this)

- don't cup your wrist so much in the stance (this is what causes your elbow to be bent as well and also causes your swing to be controlled)

- push the ball forward and just let it fall and swing back

Bowling klub

#63773 - 08/11/08 06:36 AM Re: New videos from practice [Re: ]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Originally Posted By: [censored-bu]
Justin, you have potential to learn and get better. I like what I see but I rather comment after you get your shoes on and shoot some video with them.

But you should work on the push away for the moment as suggested.

So, let do one step a time first. There is too much information for one person to handle.

First. Let get the shoes first then some videos then you will have more help as your balance won't be so off. House shoes are harder to control your slide.

alright thanks, and when my shoes come in i will get used to them and then make new videos. And thank u to luksa
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#63776 - 08/11/08 07:53 AM Re: New videos from practice [Re: Justinmill14]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Justin, do you really walk that fast normally? Where's the fire? You should walk as close to your normal pace as possible.

I like the fact that Satyuros responded to you. He is just a few years older, and can more directly relate to you. He not only knows what he is saying, but can give you the reasons too. Good job, Saryuros.

The push off, cupping, and bent elbow have been touched on. I see the re-cupping also causing a problem, in that it is causing an early wrist turn. Your hand is coming out on the upper side of the ball, and your ball spun. Let the ball roll off your fingers by coming straight up under the ball without the wrist turn. Follow through by pointing straight at your target, and hold your balance. The arm twist causes you to be off balance.

Another observation. You don't seem to have a pre-shot routine. You get on the approach, and take off. Settle down. Get our feet spotted correctly. Check your ball position and your grip. Take a deep breath, and focus on your target. No one is rushing you.

Finally, it seemed like you spotted your right foot, but slide on your left. Spot your slide foot. That way, you can see what board you started on and watch to see what board you finished on. You can then tell if you walked straight or drifted one side or the other. If you routinely spot your right toe, place your left foot next to it, and see where your left toe sits. That is your starting board. Not your right toe board.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#63817 - 08/11/08 03:29 PM Re: New videos from practice [Re: Dennis Michael]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

alright thanks Dennis
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 06/01/20 07:47 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 06/01/20 06:49 AM
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - 05/28/20 10:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.