BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63533 - 08/07/08 10:44 PM My High series
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
About 7-8 months ago I threw my high series of 655, and I bring that up because I've been trying to create a free swing for myself. When I threw that 655 I was trying to not hurt my shoulder any more than it already was. The week before I was rolling over in bed and my right shoulder sublaxed. Which for those of you who don't know is when you dislocate a bone and it pops back into place. Unfortuneately a side effect of that is that the bone keeps popping in and out (real quickly) because the muscles aren't restablized.

Needless to say I was down and out, and I wanted to give my shoulder at the very least 2 weeks before I even tried to bowl. Unfortunately at the beginning of the year my teammates were somewhat unreliable. And the league rules require 2 bowlers on the team or else you forfiet or you have to make up the games (our hecktic schedules really wouldn't allow for make-up games) so that wasn't an option. So my teammate and I crush the opposing team with two 600+ scores (both highes for us) and our absent teammates assigned scores.

Now I took you through that incredibly detailed and long account to ask a question about a free swing. That night all I was trying to do was not hurt my shoulder and to that exstent limit the use of my arm and shoulder. And from what I've been reading and hearing that is what I want to do with my armswing, right? I'm just curious because I was kind of distracted by injuring my shoulder further that I really wasn't paying attention to how I was bowling aside from lane reading and where I was releasing the ball.

I guess what I'm asking is should I adopt that kind of mindset? I

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (08/07/08 10:46 PM)
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#63535 - 08/07/08 11:35 PM Re: My High series [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Your arm will actually swing much faster so I don't know if that's really what your mindset will be. Also, why is this posted in the PBA forum?

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
The price of new bowling balls
by Dennis Michael - 01/28/20 06:14 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 01/26/20 05:10 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.