BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6250 - 04/11/05 09:54 PM SUMMER LEAGUE
CODY Offline
Junior

A/S/L: MARYLAND
Who is joining a summer league and how many?
SUMMER LEAGUE
Multiple choices allowed (29 total votes)
Yes I am joining a league - 27 (93%)
No I am not joining a league - 2 (7%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#6251 - 04/14/05 05:33 AM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
SDBowler Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 18/Male/Chamberlain, South Dak...
I will be joining 2 leagues.

The only problem is I have to drive an hour to get there.

My town's lanes close during the summer so I'll be headed to another town that ia an hour away to bowl.

But oh well....an 1 hour won't keep me away from the game I love

#6252 - 04/14/05 07:05 PM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
RHWestar57 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 52 Male Georgia
I am joining an adult-child league with my son. This will be our first time as team members (he's 12). It'll be fun for both of us.

#6253 - 04/16/05 11:21 PM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
BBowler Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 51/female/California
At this time I am not sure how many leagues. I am bowling 1 Sport League, if it is run for the summer, and a scratch trios league for sure. I am also possibly bowling a Vegas league and a fun hdcp league.

#6254 - 04/18/05 08:37 PM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
BigBowlla Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 44/Male/Kansas
I will be on at least 2 leagues. Tuesdays, a five man battle of the sexes league at one house, and on Thursdays, another five man battle of the sexes leagues at the house I bowled my last tournament in. I want the $2000 1st place payout, so now I have 2 chances to get it. thumbsup

#6255 - 04/20/05 06:32 AM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
Reido Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 49 / M / York, PA
I'm getting into a no-tap league with my wife over the Summer. It'll be my first no-tap league and I'm looking forward to putting up some big numbers from time to time, even though in the back of my mind I'll know it's only "make believe".

I think it'll help me over the long run though. It might get me used to seeing 8 or 9 strikes in a row and perhaps help me to say "I've been here before" when I put 8 or 9 together for real. That experience just might help me to keep going on a big string and not get too nervous since I will have seen the strings before.

The night of league will also serve as a time alone for my wife and me, a time to be away from the girls and to have some fun together. I also plan to work on my game and do some tournaments if I can.

Reid

#6256 - 04/20/05 05:13 PM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
Gorney Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 42/Male/Illinois
I am taking the summer off to get surgery done on my knee and my non-bowling wrist

#6257 - 04/20/05 06:06 PM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
Squirrel Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 42/male/London, Ontario
I'm joining 2 leagues, one right here and another in a city 1/2 hour from here. I've been having fun the last 8 months since I got back to bowling, so I figure I may as well double the fun for the summer. wink

#6258 - 04/21/05 03:15 PM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
cheetah Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Seattle, WA/Right-handed
I'm in a league this summer that gives out produce and meat as prizes (in addition to the prize money). 1 strike is a piece of produce, and a double is two. You can buy tickets to win meat, and when one of your tickets is called (about 5 to 10 times per week), you roll a dice to see if you have to roll a 7, 8, 9 or strike (intentionally throwing a 7 or 8 is hard). If you shoot what you were supposed to, you win anything from bacon to a turkey.

On a side note, my fall league team was down 100 pins last night for the league championship match, and in the 10th frame of the 3rd game, we figured that nearly all of us needed to strike out to win. Our 1st, 3rd, and 4th bowlers doubled. Our 2nd bowler opened, but he shot his career high series and 162 pins over his average. We then realized that our 5th bowler also had to double for us to win, and he struck out to win by 11 pins for our first ever 1st place finish...

#6259 - 04/25/05 09:36 AM Re: SUMMER LEAGUE
Darrell Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 46 Male Michigan
I am of the persuasion that a "real" bowler does not not leave the sport for the summer. I have plenty of opportunities for summer league action and I may avail myself of the privilege yet.

But I definitely have plans to practice three days a week even on my vacation in Las Vegas in July. I also have made reservation for personal coaching and I will continue training as often as neccesary until I have reached my off season goals.

--------------------
May all your corner pins fall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
USBC Rule 12
by Dennis Michael - 09/10/19 07:26 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Mkirchie - 09/03/19 03:33 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.