BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61339 - 07/12/08 01:27 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Russ I.]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Wouldn't you be better off looking for a particle or pearl particle ball for oil? OR are looking for a ball for dry lanes with carrydown? I was just confused about what you needed the ball to do. If the lanes are dry pearl balls would be okay, I'm just checking.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#61341 - 07/12/08 01:43 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Dennis Michael]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
He's just looking for a ball with more bite in oil than the older ones he has now, if I understand correctly. He also wants it to be a pearl.

Having said that, I also think a Particle Pearl would be nice for you. Either the Black Pearl or Counter Strike would be my choice.

#61343 - 07/12/08 01:49 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Jay R.]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I would have to agree with Amateur as well, a pearl particle would be a better choice and either of those balls would be a good ball to have.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#61346 - 07/12/08 02:51 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
And I'm not completely sure about the Black Pearl, but if you're looking for a ball that hooks and has good control, the Counter Strike would be that ball. I have it and given the oil it clears the heads nicely and has a hard arc in the back. As far as I know the Black Pearl is stronger but I don't know much about it's movement down lane, I would imagine a tad longer and harder off the breakpoint.

#61349 - 07/12/08 05:52 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Dennis Michael]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
Wouldn't you be better off looking for a particle or pearl particle ball for oil? OR are looking for a ball for dry lanes with carrydown? I was just confused about what you needed the ball to do. If the lanes are dry pearl balls would be okay, I'm just checking.

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
While you are looking, search out the Lane Masters Sting and Black Pearl Particle, as their strongest and a little less. Friends have both and love them.

I said, the Sting (particle) is strongest, and the Black pearl a little less. The Sting is great on oil, the Black Pearl for medium to heavy. Both give you length.

Edited by Dennis Michael (07/12/08 05:54 AM)
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#61414 - 07/13/08 10:34 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Dennis Michael]
Russ I. Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/m/wis
Dennis,

Good morning, I see you are out of Barrington Il. I was curious if you have shot at Antioch and Lakes Bowl in Round Lake. That is were I have shot and will be shooting in Leagues and where my question came from. Lakes is the house I am looking for the med. heavy ball. Just thought I would see if you shot at Lakes and could give a better idea of ball suggestion. I know there are a ton out there and really couldn't go wrong with any choice seeing as the cuda is so outdated even though I average 200 at both houses.
Thanks again,
Rags
PAP 4 7/8" x 0

#61416 - 07/13/08 10:55 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Russ I.]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

raggityman, yes, I have shot at Lakes Bowl, couple tournaments there. A few bowler friends of mine shoot out of there, Harvey Lee and Phil Pucket and Christie ?. Draw a blank on her last name. I understand that Harvey's son ?Tom? ?Joe? is now running the Pro Shop there. I don't know him, but I have heard good things about him. Harvey and Phil have been trying to get me to bowl there with them. But, my plate is pretty full. Christie and I bowl in the Invitational League at Hawthorn.

Even in tournaments at Lakes, I haven't found a lot of oil, med to heavy the most. I have practiced there, and it is pretty dry in the afternoons.

Did you ever bowl at Fox Lake when it was open? The former owner, Al Jordan is an older fellow, and now manages at Crystal Lake where I bowl.

Edited by Dennis Michael (07/13/08 11:06 AM)

#61418 - 07/13/08 11:03 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Dennis Michael]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
Wow. I have even bowled at Antioch and Round Lake, been a long time though. Kristoffs in Round Lake had a few lanes, and I have bowled there as well. I bowled a center in Oak Creek, WI on Howell just north of Ryan also, can't remember the name of the place though.

#61420 - 07/13/08 11:07 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: desertdog71]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

DD, that's right. You know the neighborhood too. Kristoffs is the partyhouse, right? Batting cages, mini golf, and plenty of kids parties.

Edited by Dennis Michael (07/13/08 11:10 AM)

#61421 - 07/13/08 11:12 AM Re: New ball suggestions [Re: Dennis Michael]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
Yeah, Kristoffs had the Mini Golf, huge arcade, tons of pool tables, batting cages etc. It was pretty cool as a teenager, doubt I would like it much now.

I remember Antioch being bone dry, but this was 1987 so everything was bone dry. I think there is a little 10 laner in or near Grayslake that I bowled at once or twice also. I have rolled a few at Crystal Bowl as well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - 12/14/18 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.