BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61381 - 07/12/08 06:39 PM 13 new videos for you to disect.
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
First one here, just a weak ten. I felt like I rotated early on this shot.

Second video. Much better release, I missed right a couple boards for a light carry.

Third video. Again a pretty decent shot, more online this time, no early rotation and I actually hit my mark.

Forth Video, switched video angle to behind. I was trying less axis rotation and as you can see I went into the ditch.

Fifth video, here I just plain tugged it inside my line and go nose.

Sixth video, nice release, hit my mark, executed the way I wanted too and was rewarded with the Stone 8.

Seventh video, again I missed right and its obvious I am not real comfortable with this release yet.

Eight video, stood up at the line and pulled it.

Ninth video, tugged it again. I am just so inconsistent with this release.

Tenth video, ball switch to a better feeling ball and hit my mark. Nice powerful strike.

Eleventh Video, increased the axis tilt and went wider with my line for better entry angle. Again nice strike.

Videos 12 and 13 I like to call the Power and Beauty shots. These are from floor level just in front of the ball return. 2 nice strikes. No question on either of these shots.

Anyways. I hope you enjoy them, feel free to comment on them as well.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#61387 - 07/12/08 09:02 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: desertdog71]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
The release might not need as much work as you think it does. I noticed that you drifted a little on a couple of the shots. The entry angle on the lines of the first 10 videos were a little tight. The last three looked exactly like you said powerful and beautiful, that line worked much better than the previous one. I think that might've been a contributing factor to the inconsistent results. Do you use the line in the last 3 shots often? It looks like it yields better results.

One thing I would definately suggest is to slow down or rather take your time. It looks like you perform one continuous set of movements from the time you take the ball off the return until the time you let it go. I would suggest that you take a moment and set yourself and then proceed with your approach, just to see if everything feels right. It might help with some of the things that you seem to be doing wrong.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#61389 - 07/12/08 09:14 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
desertdog71 Offline

The last 3 shots are with more axis rotation at about 60-70 degrees. The previous shots were with less axis rotation, more around 45 degrees.

Which ones did I drift on?

#61391 - 07/12/08 09:30 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: desertdog71]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
The shots that you miffed off to the right. It looked like you drifted a little but it seemed to be enough.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#61394 - 07/12/08 10:03 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
A couple of things that I noticed.. your timing seems to be a little inconsistant. It was really off in the first 2.

Second thing is that even when you say you're trying to stay behind the ball, you're never behind the ball. If you pause a video when the ball is still back by your trail leg, your hand is already on the right side of the ball. Even on a 'normal' release where you not trying to stay up the back of the ball, your hand should be squarely behind the ball until the ball gets to your ankle.

Again I can't say what is and isn't possible with your hand, but what you're doing isn't actually keeping your hand behind the ball.

#61395 - 07/12/08 10:03 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
DD, Is that your normal step pace? Seems like you cut your backswing short to catch up with your feet. I liked the roll and release on number 2. It worked.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#61398 - 07/12/08 10:18 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Lefty]
desertdog71 Offline

Originally Posted By: Lefty

Second thing is that even when you say you're trying to stay behind the ball, you're never behind the ball.

The pictures are blurry I know, but my hand is behind the ball. My fingers are at 7 and 8 o clock directly behind the ball and my thumb is exiting the ball at this point of these photos.

#61399 - 07/12/08 10:22 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Dennis Michael]
desertdog71 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
DD, Is that your normal step pace? Seems like you cut your backswing short to catch up with your feet. I liked the roll and release on number 2. It worked.

Yes this is my normal pace, and my backswing goes up as high as my push away. If you notice number 11, I hold the ball slightly higher in the pushaway and add some axis rotation. That was what worked best on what was out there, I was just trying a few different things. The more direct line with less axis rotation was working Monday on the scorpion pattern. The 2 shots from the floor are basically the same as number 11, I just moved 1 board right.

#61402 - 07/12/08 10:59 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: desertdog71]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
OK, so you played the lanes, and what they would give you. But, even the 2 still shots show your hand in the upper right quadrant of the ball at release, instead of, as Erin always says, "under the equator".

Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#61403 - 07/12/08 11:15 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Dennis Michael]
desertdog71 Offline

http://www.bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/slowinskiapr08.pdf

How is what I am doing different than Rash and Carter in the above article page 2?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.