BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61404 - 07/12/08 11:15 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Dennis Michael]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
i agree with Dennis and lefty about your hand position its almost in the same exact place. your wrist should be a more towards the center of the ball if your staying behind the ball.
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#61406 - 07/12/08 11:46 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: spr3wr]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
Those 2 photos are from the same type of shot. 60-70 degree axis rotation.

Try these 2 for comparison.

There is some difference between the 2, I wasn't trying to come straight up the back of the ball, just reduce the axis rotation some.

#61412 - 07/13/08 07:18 AM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: desertdog71]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
DD, maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were trying to come straight up behind the ball. Now you say you are changing axis of rotation. If that's it, I see no problem. You did that.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#61415 - 07/13/08 10:45 AM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Dennis Michael]
desertdog71 Offline

No problem, I will save the up the back stuff for the Viper and Cheetah. I can vary my release adequately enough now without going to the extreme like that.

I am more concerned now with what looks like a poor follow through. I don't like the fact that I am bringing my arm more in towards the center of my body when I should be more out towards my target. I am not hitting up on the ball now, but it looks like I may still be trying to pull through the release and this is causing me to spray it.

Do you see the same thing? My follow through should be more to the right side of my body, and not towards the top of my head. It looks like I am doing it mainly on the slightly less axis rotation releases only. I need to figure out what is causing it.

Anyways, I feel like I am making improvements each time I go practice. You have to admit I am not quite grip and ripping it like before. Plant and pulling, strapping, whatever you want to call it.

#61417 - 07/13/08 11:03 AM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: desertdog71]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Yes, you are not reaching, but coming straight up with our arm. Correcting that should help eliminate the pulling. I pull when I early rotate in the backswing. There were shots where I thought you might have been doing that.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#61419 - 07/13/08 11:07 AM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Dennis Michael]
desertdog71 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
Yes, you are not reaching, but coming straight up with our arm. Correcting that should help eliminate the pulling. I pull when I early rotate in the backswing. There were shots where I thought you might have been doing that.

The first one for sure I early rotated, and never got anything on the ball so it came light. Usually when I early rotate I get an early reaction and it goes nose. I chicken winged the first shot though so it was just destined to be a 10 pin.

#61430 - 07/13/08 06:04 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: desertdog71]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I just went through and looked at several videos to see your hand position as the ball starts to descend from the back swing and what happens to it after that. On most of the shots you turn it early. I also don't think I saw 2 that were the same.

Even the images you posted don't have you behind the ball. Your pinky still might be on the back side of the ball, but the palm of your hand has rotated during the downswing from it's original position, which was directly behind the ball.

In the first picture, your hand and arm are in line. In the second you can see that your arm has turned in and the inside of your elbow is facing across your body, your hand is no longer behind the ball and the ball still hasn't gotten to your ankle.

Attachments
dd1.JPG

dd2.JPG

#61432 - 07/13/08 07:12 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Lefty]
desertdog71 Offline

Both fingers are behind the ball. I will be home in a couple hours and I am going to photograph this so there is no confusion.

I just don't understand how it is that in that Slowinski article their hand position is identical to mine yet its incorrect for me and not them.

#61434 - 07/13/08 08:14 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: desertdog71]
Lefty Offline
Legend

I can clearly see the back of the ball, and your hand is not on it.

What article are you referring to?

#61436 - 07/13/08 08:18 PM Re: 13 new videos for you to disect. [Re: Lefty]
Lefty Offline
Legend

Just saw the article you posted.. there are 2 differences:

First, they are more behind the ball.

Second, look where the ball is when the picture was taken. The ball is at their slide foot. You're more around the ball much earlier.

EDIT: You've got to wait on it longer.

Edited by Lefty (07/13/08 08:19 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.