BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 28 of 50 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 49 50 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59579 - 06/19/08 12:29 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: cgeorg]
Odyssey912 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 32/F/Pittsburgh,PA
Yep - I'm at Miracle on Wednesday nights at 7:30.

I haven't really talked to anyone from the Tough Shot league except for Chad. I didn't know you were bowling there - so you have been bowling with Nick, Branden, Chad and the rest of the bunch. Chad won't be there next week.

7-8 isn't too bad - good luck on the Chameleon.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#59585 - 06/19/08 02:06 PM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Odyssey912]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 51/M/Brockton, MA
http://tenthboard.net/2008/06/19/a-mixed-bag/

Kind of a mixed bag this week (as I titled my blog post)...I personally had another good week (a 586 in which I could've had a 201 triplicate if not for the second game), but my lead bowler was feeling out of sync all night and the two scratch bowlers on the other team had good nights, with their female teammates doing enough to win 6 of the 8 points. The two males on that team, Bob and Sean, did compliment me on the night I had, so I guess if I had to lose, it would be to a team w/ a couple of guys I at least want to consider friends. smile

Melissa, I had been feeling a twinge in my right ankle prior to last night, as well, but it strangely seemed to bother me more resting, and it didn't bother me at all bowling. In fact, I think it actually went away completely while bowling. Also, Melissa, would love to see you in the chat if you can make it in there weekdays...cg hangs there too, so he might be someone you know, too. smile
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 164 HS: 558 HG: 233

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#59609 - 06/20/08 01:06 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Richie V.]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
For Frame by Frame:

http://www.bowlsk.com/games/view-series.html?series=2702

Today was off week. I just didnt show up at all. I tried to force outside line but lanes would not allow it. I should of moved inside and tried to find a line there. Today was full of inconsitencies.

Game 1 = 133 4 opens - my spare game was totally off this week.

Game 2 = 158 a little better but still too many opens 4 opens again

Game 3 = 200 much better picked up more spares only missed one spare and moved to inside line and found a much better reaction.

Bad Series 133-158-200 = 491. I guess i had to fall back to earth sometime. I had a real good two month of good bowling, but this week i was off and just not there.

Edited by Brandon510 (06/20/08 01:07 AM)
BowlSk: Stats

#59625 - 06/20/08 07:33 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Brandon510]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Brandon, that is why we calculate averages. Some days high, some days low. Some days chicken, some days feathers.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#59626 - 06/20/08 08:08 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Dennis Michael]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Having trouble getting settled in. A girlfriend and I joined a new league in a small house that I don't normally frequent. But we bowled in this house last summer, different league. This year, they've put in synthetics, the new approaches are undependable to say the least. I think they would be fine, but they general center hygene is poor. During the day and weekend, they are the cheapest in the city for Birthday parties, so its not unusual to find food remnents and liquids anywhere. I have a hard time executing when I feel like I'm going to fall. That seems to vary from board to board, depending on where exactly your feet are. I bought new shoes, but I won't wear them here. Now for the fun part. This center is a 16 lane house that also has a card room and sports bar. This is basically a gambling house with booze, that happens to have 16 bowling lanes in it. The people are very outgoing, friendly, but small town clicky. And there's plenty of alcohol and not so much bowling Execution. The music is playing and if there's an open pair of lanes, they will put anyone next to you. Since the house has such a reputation for booze, not many parents bring their kids here in the evening. Which is a good thing, but a relief compared to most mixed leagues in the area's centers which are like giant playgrounds during league. I've been hit or miss here. 570, 700, 580, 610. Like I said, depends, for me, on what condition the approaches are in as to how I'll shoot. I'm over duece but still trying to get comfortable. Shot 719 the second week and picked up three new customers for the Pro Shop! "It must be the driller". At least that's what I tell them.

Sunday night at our home center. Again a very different environment. We've not bowled this league before. Lots of side games and some very high level shooters. People seem a bit younger then our winter Wed. league. A weekend of open play is pretty tough to totally erradicate with one pass of the oiling machine, so the condition is a bit different then I'm used to here. I know people shoot big numbers in this league, so I'm sure its a matter of time and adjusting. I'm about 190 right now, which is about 20 pins down from my house average here. Nothing spectacular yet, but we have many weeks to go. Again, a different crowd of people is refreshing. They play music and everyone seems happy. I love it when they play music in league.

But for some reason, if they play the Saturday Night Fever sound track I do really bad. So I can do without that. No BeeGees!!!!

Erin

#59627 - 06/20/08 08:18 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Atochabsh]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Erin,
I enjoy music when I bowl too,..not blasting concert level loud though, and no rap..hip-hop please. It has its time and place, I just can't bowl to it. Like you can't bowl to "Stayin Alive" or 'Night Fever"...lol.

Edited by Eraser (06/20/08 08:19 AM)

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#59628 - 06/20/08 08:20 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Tim Gerard]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
I dunno, its wierd. I like the movie, like the sound track, but just can't bowl to it. LOL

#59629 - 06/20/08 08:28 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Tim Gerard]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

I had my last attempt at the Chameleon pattern last night. I can see why they named it the Chameleon, it changes almost shot to shot. We all struggled at times. My partner,who is a pretty good bowler was all over the place,..from 230 to 130. I felt pretty comfortable all night, and stayed fairly consistant but I had trouble striking. I had a nice assortment of splits though..LOL.
My scores were..159,157,148,155. Pretty humbling to say the least.

Next week,..the Viper..Oh Boy, an even shorter pattern. smile

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#59630 - 06/20/08 08:28 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Atochabsh]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
BeeGees, Donna Summer... It's the Disco Inferno the Hustle. My time. But, never thought of playing them while I bowl. Maybe, I can improve my footwork on the approach?

http://www.disco-disco.com/disco/steps.shtml
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#59632 - 06/20/08 09:41 AM Re: Summer Leagues 2008 [Re: Dennis Michael]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

I was never a big Disco fan, Classic Rock is more my taste. But I did like "Funky Town" by Lipps Inc. LOL

AHH The 70's...all the girls liked disco, so I had to pretend to like it too. Even had to dance cuz thats what they wanted to do.
Yikes..that must have been a sight..LOL.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

Page 28 of 50 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 49 50 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 09/23/18 10:56 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.