BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57840 - 05/27/08 10:42 PM my video
rt5501 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: m/ca
I shot the video about a week ago and i'm currently trying to fix a couple of things that i saw in the video but would like more help, some tips, and different eyes to check it out. Thanks for taking the time.

Edited by rizon550 (05/27/08 10:45 PM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#57841 - 05/27/08 11:37 PM Re: my video [Re: rt5501]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
rizon,

I don't see too much wrong with your style. I would say that you might want to try to not stand up at the line. You did that a couple of time and thank goodness you throw it so hard. I would suggest maybe trying to find a consistent speed for your feet instead of switching from slow to fast. A uniform foot-speed would be a good thing to find or have. Maybe try to keep your shoulders straight when you walk or hit the line because it looks like you are swinging the ball back behind you.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#57844 - 05/28/08 12:11 AM Re: my video [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Wow, you get a lot of room on that lane. You are 3-5 boards left or right of your target. Well, play what the lane gives you.

You do hit up on the ball, which gives you the revs, but also causes you to be inconsistent in hitting your target. On a house shot, you can get away with this. Tournament sport shot will hurt you.

To gain consistency in targeting, you should relax your arm at the release and reach out toward your target. This will slow your ball speed, but shouldn't be sacrificing your revs. Your breakpoint will be farther down the lane.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#57852 - 05/28/08 03:20 AM Re: my video [Re: Dennis Michael]
rt5501 Offline
Bantam

Thank you guys I will try to be more consistent with my pace and relax my arm at the release tonight at league. We're shooting on the cheetah pattern so hopefully I can get something consistent going on. Last week was the chameleon pattern and I went 151,222,226,151 scratch. Consistentcy! hahaha not the kind I want.

Dennis, I agree about having a lot of room. I was bowling on a fresh house shot on the video so I had the entire lane. Usually they put out the pba patterns at that house sat & sun mornings but they had a senior tournament going on that a.m. so they laid out that shot. But I definitely know that more than half of those shots would not have seen the pocket on a sport shot.

#57859 - 05/28/08 07:58 AM Re: my video [Re: rt5501]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Your timing seems pretty good. Pushaway matches the first step well. It seems that you start engaging your arm a bit earlier than you should. Your arm should be falling from gravity until where it hits your ankle, where you can accelerate through the ball. It looks like you're starting to pull it through about 3 feet off the ground. Either just wait for it at the line, giving yourself later timing, or slow down that third step a bit.

It was tough for me to tell, but it looks like your hand stays outside the ball throughout the swing. You might want to work on getting more behind the ball. You are pretty close to the kind of hand position that Sean Rash uses, so you might check out his hand position - notice that though his hand looks like it's outside, the fingers wrap back around to the inside.

It does look like your release is pretty up the back of the ball, which is good. Don't try to overhook the Cheetah. Playing a breakpoint around 2 or 3, you shouldn't need to start any deeper than 2nd arrow. If you do, try switching to a weaker ball, or going a little more up the back. You can move in as the lanes break down, but starting further left than 12 or so at the arrows will only make things harder as the lanes change.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#57860 - 05/28/08 08:00 AM Re: my video [Re: cgeorg]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Just noticed you have your arsenal listed. You'll want to start with one of the duller balls, Cell or Gamebreaker. It should burn up pretty quick and hit the pocket right when it's done hooking. Once it starts hitting weak, or rolling out before it gets to the pocket, go with more shine, like the Complete NV.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#57893 - 05/28/08 11:59 AM Re: my video [Re: rt5501]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You need to get a lower at the line, and use your legs more. Also you will benefit from less grab at the release, roll the ball smooth of your hand with less force, the ball will actually hook more and be more controllable at the break point.

#58375 - 06/04/08 02:25 AM Re: my video [Re: CoachJim]
rt5501 Offline
Bantam

I am trying to get lower at the line but i am having problems lowering the hips and not bending at the waist consistently. It feels like when I lower and sit on my power step I pull down on my down swing. I guess it's all about practice and getting the feel of it. I decided to try the one step strike ball (ala tony reyes) and that seemed to help alot.

When everything does come together I can really feel my swing flatten out at the bottom; And when that happens the ball rolls off my hand so smoothly i can feel the ball just slide off my thumb with no effort. What an awesome feeling. I will post another video when I get more comfortable or if I get frustrated and need your help again.

As for the cheetah last week. It kicked my butt! lots of washouts, 2 10 splits, couple of pocket 7 10s and bad spare shooting killed me. I ended up shooting 131,205,195,&131. I was lost the 1st game (chasing the break point),found it the 2nd and 3rd (8 at the arrows to about 3 at the break point)and was lost for 2/3's of the game the 4th but finished with the last 4 (that pair the shot for me was in a different zone made a 4 2 adjustment and was in the hole again). I should have a better idea on my moves this week.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.