BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58206 - 06/01/08 04:19 PM NCAA oil patterns
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Does anyone know where they are listed? This week in my summer sport league, we are bowling on what he says is NCAA #3. In a few weeks, we bowl on NCAA #4. Just looking for information. Thanks.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#58208 - 06/01/08 04:49 PM Re: NCAA oil patterns [Re: General Pounder]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
http://www.kegel.net/patternlibrary/default.asp

Don't know if that helps, but there are a ton of patterns there.

#58261 - 06/02/08 10:17 AM Re: NCAA oil patterns [Re: desertdog71]
General Pounder Offline

Thanks. I looked on that site before and I couldn't find it. I have no idea what type of lanes or the oil that they use. I guess we are going to be flying blind going in tomorrow. Oh well.

#58265 - 06/02/08 10:57 AM Re: NCAA oil patterns [Re: General Pounder]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
GP I am not familiar with the NCAA patterns, going blind is sometimes not so bad, you don't have any preconceived notions of how you should play the lanes.

Start off by playing straight up the 7 board with your bench mark ball and watch how far down the lane the ball goes before it starts too hook and see how far that is from 1/2 way down the lane, you can get a reference from the gutter caps, they usually are evenly spaced with 10 ft pieces. Having an idea of how far the ball will travel before it hooks is an advantage in that it will tell you about what board your ball should exit the oil on. If the ball comes in light that means the pattern is longer and you need to move inside parallel by the number of boards you missed by. If the ball hooks early and goes Brooklyn, try keeping your feet where they are and aim farther outside, if the ball ends up on the nose, move parallel outside.

You are also looking to see if there is oil in the middle like in a house pattern, so a slow hook from inside may shed some light on if there is heavy in the middle and dry on the outside.

#58266 - 06/02/08 11:02 AM Re: NCAA oil patterns [Re: CoachJim]
General Pounder Offline

In this house, I normally play outside on all of the named patterns. I just adjust my hand position, the ball, or both depending on the reaction I get. There are a couple of college kids who are bowling in the league. I will watch where they are bowling as well. My team is not doing well anyway. One of my teammates is not much of a bowler but wanted an excuse to get out. A scratch league is not the way to do it but oh well. He only has a Pearl Beast and he doesn't get much hand in the ball. I am hoping to get him to spend a few bucks and get another ball or 2. My other teammate is a good bowler but won't spend the money to upgrade his equipment. Oh well. I am just using this league to help my game anyway.

#58277 - 06/02/08 03:44 PM Re: NCAA oil patterns [Re: General Pounder]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
GP try going to collegebowling.com they have a forum section there they might be someone there who can give you some insite on the pattern. I googled a couldnt come up with anything.
BowlSk: Stats

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 08/22/19 03:14 PM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.