BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58002 - 05/29/08 05:51 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: Luksa]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
We were just talking in chat that I was probably within 20 miles of CoachJim this past weekend. We went down to Baltimore for a long weekend and went to the DC zoo on Sunday. Not that I had time to bowl, but I didn't realize you were that close to DC.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#58014 - 05/29/08 08:26 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: Lefty]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
At least you went to the National Zoo in DC and not the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.
HS:763

#58021 - 05/29/08 11:03 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
We went to the National Aquarium at the Inner Harbor the day before. My wife went to college in Baltimore and then worked there for a while so she knows the area pretty well. We thought we'd just take a long weekend and do some stuff my 4 year old would like. She had a good time but I still think he favorite parts were the swimming pool at the hotel and riding on the metro.

#58030 - 05/30/08 08:48 AM Re: Video and questions [Re: Lefty]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Just drop me a pm when ever you guys are going to be in the DC area, I can get to any bowling center in the area in less than an hour. The Bowl America in Gaithersburg MD treats me well, maybe I could set up an all day or weekend clinic type thing.

#58130 - 05/31/08 04:10 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: CoachJim]
Luksa Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Slovenia
Just wanted to thank you guys again for the tip. Today I had league and even though I started really bad because I only slept for 1 hour, I decided to try keeping my wrist cupped in the last game. I had the front 9 and finished with a 279, which I haven't had for more than a year.

After league, I practiced the pro release for 6 games and my rev rate seemed to go up immediately. There were two or three throws that really felt like I didn't do anything, but the ball rolled like mad. Tomorrow I'm bringing my camera and will post videos of the new release.

So, thanks again. I really needed someone to steer me in the right direction.

Bowling klub

#58132 - 05/31/08 04:27 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: Luksa]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: Luksa
There were two or three throws that really felt like I didn't do anything, but the ball rolled like mad.

Thats what you are looking for, the shots that are like that. Its just a matter of repeating that every strike shot and being consistent and then your scores can really soar.
HS:763

#58146 - 05/31/08 08:21 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
Yeah, hand position is weak and that is all I can really see, but I am not the caliber of coach that some of these other guys are. This article was shown to me, so I will pass it on to you.

http://www.bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/slowinskiapr08.pdf

#58180 - 06/01/08 11:21 AM Re: Video and questions [Re: desertdog71]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Congrats Luksa. It's always an eye opener the first time you get it right, and it feels like nothing, and then the ball hits the breakpoint and springs off it like TJ just threw the ball.

Keep up the good work, and get us some more video soon smile

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#58188 - 06/01/08 01:11 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: Luksa]
johnw1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 66/m/Wynantskill/ny/usa
One thing that may help in alleviating that lean to the right in your stance is to place your left hand more under the ball. From the video it appears that your left hand is on the side of the ball with all of the weight of the ball supported by your right hand. By taking some of the load off of the right side there should be little or no lean to the right.

As for cutting down the verticality of your followthrough you might try staying down low a little bit longer than you are doing now. The knee on your sliding leg straightens out fairly quickly as you release the ball. While you are not exactly 'popping up' at the foul line, by keeping your slide knee bent at fraction later and your trailing leg down a fraction later it may help in stopping the feeling that you may be hitting up on the ball. Also if you reach out towards your breakpoint and let your hand end there instead of ending your followthrough with your hand above your head that might also cure you of excessive bending of the elbow.

#66597 - 09/14/08 02:08 PM Re: Video and questions [Re: Luksa]
Brian Pickell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/M/Fort Wayne, IN
Originally Posted By: Luksa

On a side note.. if anyone is thinking about buying a video camera, I strongly recommend Sony HD cameras. They have an excellent feature called Smooth slow record, which records at 100 frames a second, so you really get a clear picture of what is going on during the release.

I was looking into this, but just can't figure out how you can get this to work in bowling???? It will only record 3 seconds of video in smooth slow record... I don't know about you, but it generally takes me about 10 seconds from start of approach to release. So in summation I would hit the button.. grab my ball wipes it down and then it would stop recording.. LOL

14LB Black Widow Solid
14LB Brunswick T-Zone
14LB Ebonite NVD
15LB Emerald Vibe

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 34 minutes 15 seconds ago
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 50 minutes 34 seconds ago
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - Today at 10:16 AM
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.