BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5755 - 09/29/04 02:25 AM Re: Scoring/Points and Handicap Systems
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
When I moved to a new area, we settled on a house that we liked. We joined a Friday evening league (9:15pm), but I thought I might want to do another league. I had a job that would allow me to bowl in a morning league so inquired about that with the manager and league co ordinator. I noticed that the house had two ladies scratch leagues in the mornings throughout the week. I asked about those leagues and she asked me my average. I told her my last book and she promptly told me I "would not be welcome" in those leagues. Even though they were scratch, I was still not suitable to bowl apparently due to my average. The one men's scratch league in the house was an evening league, trios, 640 trios and there were only 6 partial teams (only one of which was close to the cap). So I and my partner, contented ourselves with the 9:15 pm handicap league. Its a great league with really fun people. We've now been in that league for two summers and a winter, and beginning a new winter. But its handicap and we have some teams that are low and some that are high. But we've worked really hard to make the handicap more equal, because when we started it was based on individual handicap to 200, with at least 6 people over 210 and 2 over 220 (one over 230 for the most part of a season). This is obviously not fair to those teams that had a couple of 200+ bowlers on them. Now we have it based on 90% of 210 (by league vote) for this fall, down from 220 from the past summer. Last summer (90% of 220 individual handicap system by league vote) saw 4 teams that were NOT the highest combined average battle it out for league championship. And they deserved it, they bowled best that season. I've not bowled in a league that based its handicap on individual handicap added together. But I guess that's what they do here more then team handicap.

So I'm not really sure where I would fit best in leagues. I guess I'm not welcome by some in the handicap leagues and not really welcome in some scratch leagues, while not really fitting in the other scratch leagues.

I guess what I'm saying is that in every league there are going to be those that are not happy with the status quo. All you can do, is lobby your ideas and present your changes to the league for league vote at the beginning of the bowling season (winter or summer).

Erin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 05/25/20 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.