BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5624 - 05/13/04 11:56 AM League rewards, etc
Becca Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 20/f/Montreal Quebec
Hi... We just had our end of league meeting and stuff last night, and well, I don't speak french and the meeting was in french.

That made things interesting, since I didn't have a clue in **** what was being voted on, but thats alright. But, I have a question. Why do they wait to hold the hour long session of screaming and yelling until the night they give out the prizes and stuff? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it spread over the last couple of bowling sessions? Is this traditional, or something?

Anyway, once they finished screaming at each other in french, they gave out the awards and stuff. How exactly does the Most improved average award work? I won that for the WIBC and I guess I'm confused how they get the numbers for it.(And also a league high handicap triple award.. more money for me on that one. Teehee.)

I ended up with a 14.xx something pin increase starting from a 115 or so average moving up to a 131 ish. Do they pick the original number from the average they establish? I think my league established the average for handicap after 3 or so sessions? I'm not sure. The whole thing got me pretty confused.

Anyway, thanks.

Becca

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#5625 - 08/13/04 12:06 AM Re: League rewards, etc
Tee Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 38 / F / Quad Cities Iowa
Becca,
The award for most improved bowler is the difference between your ending average and your average after 21 games. That keeps some people from sandbagging.

Leagues usually wait until after the season has ended to discuss things like handicap percentage, average caps, rules and such. It gives everyone a chance to listen to and participate in the discussions. Trying to discuss the rules and such the last few nights would make those nights longer and when you're waiting for the end of the season, you don't want the nights to get any longer.

Tee

#5626 - 08/14/04 01:47 AM Re: League rewards, etc
BBowler Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 51/female/California
Most Improved Average, unless a league adopts another rule, is based on Rule 56 WIBC. The rule states that
a. the bowler needs to bowl 2/3 of the season
b. the final average is compared to the final or book average for 21 or more games from the previous season in the same league
c. if the bowler is new to the league, the final average for the season is compared to her highest final or book average for 21 or more games from the previous season
d. if the bowler has no previous season average, her final average is compared to her 21 game average for the current season. If there are less than 30 games in the current season, then the average is compared to the 12 game average.

This is not word for word, but gives the basic idea. What tends to happen most often, is secretaries don't want to do the work, so they tend to treat everyone as in d. and simply go from 21 game to final.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.