BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55447 - 04/27/08 04:33 PM I really should NOT have gone bowling today.
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: California
I had hand surgery, so I've been sidelined for a while. This morning I decided to go practice 4 games at the local lanes.

My hand was a little painful, but not to the point where it distracted me from bowling. (I'm used to pain).

After a few frames my balls didn't come back from the ball return. Finally after 10 minutes they came back and my spare ball had a deep gouge circle completely around the circumference, about 1/8" deep! I turned the ball in to the front counter to get fixed/replaced.

Then several frames later my strike ball didn't come back. Yep, you guessed it, big gouge but only part way around the ball. So I requested a lane change and turned the ball in to the front counter to get fixed/replaced.

To add insult to injury, I told the lane attendant that lane 32 ate both my balls. He snapped back at me "Yeah, I know I'm the mechanic." I said, "You seem upset". He said "I'm not upset, I'm just indifferent". WOW - what an attitude -- not even an apology or something like I'm sorry that happened to you.

Have any of you here had to deal with bowling center employees with a sour attitude towards customers?

And I have league Tuesday night and nothing to bowl with. Because of my bad hand, it took some trial and error to get the right fit. I'm afraid the Pro Shop in Rocklin will just do what they did last time which was a pathetic patch job. They just filled it in with super glue and didn't even bother to sand it. I'm really screwed now.

Brett

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#55449 - 04/27/08 05:05 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: brettbolt]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Those balls are ruined and need to be relplaced, there is no way to fix them, once the track is ruined, that's it, the ball is dead. I am sorry this happend to you, even if they aren't.

How is your hand doing after bowling?

#55450 - 04/27/08 05:10 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: CoachJim]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
that sucks! i get so tired of dealing with people who don't give a rats butt. i try to deal with people/places that care/do a good job of their job.

and again, how's the hand?
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#55451 - 04/27/08 05:32 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: tbill]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Say Brett, when you go to the lanes, Do you notice a dark cloud following you from your car to the front door? Man, you've had some rotten luck.

Hope your hand is alright,
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#55452 - 04/27/08 06:56 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: Dennis Michael]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Brett,
Wow that sucks those balls going to need to be replaced sounds like. Man too bad that sucks one of those days you said i should of stayed in bed.

I never had bowling center employees have such attidude. My center there real freindly and helpful.
BowlSk: Stats

#55456 - 04/27/08 08:33 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: Brandon510]
RLD Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Pinoy-Guamie on the Bay
Sorry to hear about your demise. I had the same problem at Serra when we were starting league practice and the lanes ate up our balls. It turned out that the two lanes had eaten nearly 10 house balls prior to league, which were stuck in the ball return. It took nearly 45 minutes to get the balls out and have the ball return fixed. My ball and another player's ball ended up with deep gouges. This after I had been asking the house manager about house maintenance. The Pro Shop also did a pathetic patch job and even more so by only sanding the side of the ball with the gouges and it even wasn't to the original 4000 grit surface. Good customer service is so hard to find. help

#55458 - 04/27/08 08:34 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: Brandon510]
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

Maybe I'm being punished by god for not going to church on Sunday morning, but bowling instead? :-)

When I dropped off my balls at the front counter for damage claims, I noticed several other balls with the same status. This is not acceptable.

After much thought, I have decided to make an appointment with the bowling center manager Monday morning to discuss this. I am a good customer of this center, and they have gotten about $30 a week from me for the last 16 months. Needless to say, I don't think I deserve the snotty treatment from this 'lane mechanic'.

I know for a fact the the new 'lane mechanic' was never trained -- he told me this a few weeks ago. He was thrown into the job because the previous one quit. No wonder there was a pile of damaged balls behind the front counter. I am going to push for getting my balls replaced -- possibly threatening Small Claims Court if necessary.

This is now the 3rd bowling center manager this AMF place has had in the last 6 months.

Also, as a suggestion, I am going to see if they are willing to add free WiFi internet access like their new local competitor has. I like choices, and if this AMF center goes out of business then prices will rise and I'll have to travel farther/pay more to bowl. I've done more than my part to help them stay in business.

Brett

#55459 - 04/27/08 08:36 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: RLD]
sixbagger Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Indiana
Hope the lanes take responsibility and replace the balls.

What kind of hand surgery did you have? How long have you been off?

#55460 - 04/27/08 08:57 PM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: sixbagger]
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

Originally Posted By: sixbagger
Hope the lanes take responsibility and replace the balls.

What kind of hand surgery did you have? How long have you been off?

I went into surgery 10 days ago diagnosed with a tumor in my ring finger (right hand) and some small glass shards embedded in the base of my thumb.

However, during surgery they discovered there was no tumor. Instead, it was a bone spur, probably caused by the explosion accident I had in 1975. It turns out that the swelling that appeared to be a tumor was actually caused by my ring finger rubbing against the bone spur while bowling. That makes sense, because I have not had this problem before I first started bowling 16 months ago.

They made three incisions in my thumb to search for embedded glass shards that showed up on the X-Ray. Unfortunately, they were unable to locate any of them. One of the incisions was off by about 1/8", so I am going to see if they will try again in the correct location to remove the piece of glass there.

After the bad luck I've had lately it would be tempting to give up bowling, but I am not going to.

Brett

#55462 - 04/28/08 12:31 AM Re: I really should NOT have gone bowling today. [Re: brettbolt]
PSBA10 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 58/M/Butler, Pennsylvania
Before you threaten legal action against the bowling center make sure there is no sign posted stating they are not responsible for damaged balls. Most centers I have been in have that policy, however they usually try to repair balls as a good faith gesture if it was clearly their problem.

I had that problem at a tournament several years ago. They put the ball on the spinner and ground down one side of the ball. When I got it back it looked like an egg. I tried to get them to replace it because it was obviously deformed, but they pointed to their policy and I was S-O-L. I even tried to get them to put the ball back on the spinner, but they also refused that. I now had a new boat anchor.
HG 290 Series 781 Average 198

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Where is every one?
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 06:09 PM
Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 04:49 PM
Motiv Venom Shock Pearl
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by IronMike - Yesterday at 09:54 AM
Competing against high rev, high speed players
by BowlerBill - 01/17/18 07:59 PM
Honor Scores Not Received By USBC
by Mkirchie - 01/10/18 02:34 PM
Dual Angle Layouts
by Dennis Michael - 01/10/18 10:26 AM
Roto-Grip Hyper Cell Fused Video Ball Review
by mmalsed - 01/08/18 11:41 AM
Dare Devil Danger Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 01/07/18 08:56 PM
Good advice from my brother!
by Dylan585 - 01/05/18 04:13 PM
"Knocking the Shine" off of my Pearl Ball
by 6_ball_man - 01/01/18 09:11 AM
Have a happy and safe Holiday
by goobee - 01/01/18 02:34 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.