BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5541 - 03/05/04 08:10 AM Worst night ever! Grrrr!
SaintX Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 30/Male/Lynchburg,VA
I know this is going to sound weird, because we all have bad nights - but my entire team posted the worst sets that I can remember. I mean REALLY bad.

I only had two games that were barely over my average, but as compared to how I've been bowling the second half of this season, my scores were anerexic (sp?). I posted a 492 set, which was about 100 pins lower than normal.

We had a 174 average bowler shoot (no kidding) a 94, 119 and a 169. Here's the bad part, after his 94 game, he packed up and walked out (wanna guess how I was feeling, seeing as how I'm the team captain?). He did come back before his first frame in the second game - to his benefit. I can't stand childish behavior like that.

The highest set posted was a 548, and for that guy, it was horrible - he shoots mid-600 sets.

The entire team was struggling. We adjusted, literally, all over the place after trying to fine tune our marks. Being left-handed, the 7 pin wasn't carrying for me. My plastic call was breaking on a monumental scale.

Has anybody else had similar experience where the entire team was way below their average series?

The only positive thing about last night is that somehow or another, we manage to take 15.5 points (27 pt system) and the first place team got royally stomped (took 3 pts.), which put us in first place by a point and a half.

It was a weird night for us to say the least.
- - - - - - - -

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#5542 - 03/05/04 11:41 AM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
LadyLuck Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 52/F/NY
SaintX-

I feel your pain. How's this for disaster?

On the 14th week of bowling we are scheduled to play against a blind which allows us to bowl within 20 points of our team average to win.

Our team average is 724. Team scores for the night -- 607, 664, 658 = 1929 -- 243 pins under team average. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. The 190 average guy bowls a 398 series.
How pathetic are we thumbsup

#5543 - 09/30/04 09:28 AM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
emperor Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 27/M/Bronx, NY
Hulk smash!

It's week 3 and and my team is officially in last place. I bowled a 127, 160, 161. I could possibly have the worst men's average in the league by now. This is like two weeks in a row.
=(

I could easily fall into bowling depression.

#5544 - 09/30/04 12:40 PM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
LadyLuck Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 52/F/NY
Emperor-

I too have been in a slump for the last few weeks.
I've had three sets under 500.

I purchased a new ball and I've been very inconsistent so far.

This past week I realized that I was trying too hard and as a result putting too much pressure on myself. During this weeks league session I decided to relax and go with the flow. I played it frame to frame and tried to focus on just staying behind the ball with a relaxed swing. I paid no attention to my scores.

Low and behold I bowled a 563 series which is 50 pins over average. My scores were pretty consistent for the night. I still had 5 opens but I felt pretty good about my overall performance.

I'm hoping that this upward spiral continues. I was beginning to doubt myself and needed to trust myself once again. I know that if I can get my confidence back that my scores will improve accordingly.

So, hang in there, try to relax and just let it happen.

I hope this helps.

#5545 - 09/30/04 01:26 PM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
Coach04 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: Male/Texas
It's all part of the game, we are human and we will err.

I have had a similar situation in one particular league I bowl on. The whole team is off, occasionaly one member will make average. I have been giving up 40 to 70 pins per game. Last week we brought in a sub, for a sick member. The sub threw one game at average, then 2 games 70 pins under.

The league is bowling on a tough condition, but there is no reason we havent adjusted to it. I think mentally the troubles affect the entire team. Its difficult to remain focused when every member that goes to the line has an unexplainable shot.

The hardest thing to fathom, is that it seems the bowlers with the worst possible form score the highest. Their approach looks like Gumby in a blender and they strike.

All I can say is keep the chin up, and determination strong. Don't let the feelings of depression set in. Stay focused and keep trying to figure out the shot. This is the part of the game that builds character, and makes us humble.

#5546 - 09/30/04 02:10 PM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
Grim Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Newcastle Australia
Towards the start of my leagues current season, my team, reigning champions and all, were bowling sub-500's on a regular basis. I started the season with a 176 average and after 3 rounds (against the other 7 teams, so 21 weeks) I had dropped 13 pins. Both my teammates dropped into the 170 after starting off on 175's. For the first time in a year or so, we were sitting last on the ladder.

Real nightmare stuff frown Have pulled it together now with me up to a 172 average (whoo) and both of them back to their 175's.

#5547 - 09/30/04 07:58 PM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
vax Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 12/m/Seattle
Last year I averaged mid-160s on my Saturday morning league (juniors), and averaged 180 over the summer. The first week of my Saturday league I did a 120 151 144, and one of my teammates shot 1 pin above me. Last week, our 4-man team shot a 900some series in one game. Must be in part to getting a new ball - Ultimate Inferno - since now I'm averaging about 210 in my 3 leagues after a month wink

Keeping a positive outlook on it all has a big part too, as I have found out in the last few months. Bad weeks DO happen from time to time; just keep trying smile

#5548 - 10/01/04 08:34 AM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
emperor Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 27/M/Bronx, NY
We were last year's first place team, and for some reason, I believe we can turn this around and take it. Since I had a 186 average last season, we have a 10 point rule to prevent sandbagging. Now I'm probably below 174 and yet we're give handicap as if I were at 176. That sucks.

Splits have become very frustrating; even more when the straight bowlers (I have really nothing against them) are getting all the lucky breaks.

Nonetheless, I'm going to take the advice and make sure Stella gets her groove back. Thanks for the support.

#5549 - 10/01/04 11:48 AM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
petrinjak Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 34/Male/Virginia
Hey, as one of the guys on my league said last week...Bowling doesn't begin until after Christmas...It is still very early in the season. You should be able to turn things around.

#5550 - 10/04/04 08:47 PM Re: Worst night ever! Grrrr!
Lovetobowl Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 43/male/kansas
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by petrinjak:
Hey, as one of the guys on my league said last week...Bowling doesn't begin until after Christmas...It is still very early in the season. You should be able to turn things around. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">My sentiments exactly! We being last season's champions were in first place until last night when we got beheaded by a team in near last. The whole team struggled, we won the third game when we all hit our avg or above. But for me, it was alright because I did not want to be in first this early in the season. Come this December, I'll have my kinks worked out with my new Phenom and it's all business from then on! As we did last league, we crept up the ranks in the final few weeks to take the championship. thumbsup

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.