BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55164 - 04/23/08 02:04 AM Strange thing at the lanes
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
We were having trouble with the rack. Quite often, it wouldn't come down on the first ball and we had to reset it every time.

One of our bowlers in the second game rolled a 9 count. Went over to get her spare ball, and picked up the spare. We kept bowling, not noticing that the score machine recorded a strike for her. Apparently, the machine rack never came down, and she picked up the spare. The machine recorded this as no pins left for a strike.

When she bowled her next shot, the other team noticed that she should have received a 9/ in the previous frame. She readily admitted it. And, the score was changed.

My question is, is there a time limit to claim a machine scoring error? Or a number of bowlers? This happened after 9 bowlers bowled.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#55169 - 04/23/08 05:53 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: Dennis Michael]
Luksa Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Slovenia
This is what the World Tenpin Bowling Association rules say:

2.12.2 The time limit for filing protests on scoring errors shall be one hour from the end of the event or block of games for each day of tournament, but must be before the prize presentation or the commencement of the next round (in an elimination event), whichever is the sooner.

Don't know about USBC rules though.

Bowling klub

#55175 - 04/23/08 07:16 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: Luksa]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
There is no limit on score corrections and as everyone knew she didn't strike the previous frame it was the right decision to correct the score. Most of the rules in the USBC Handbook refer more to corrections to the final score of the game as opposed to individual frames. Of course it does say the team captain of every team must keep score book that details frame by frame scoring.
HS:763

#55179 - 04/23/08 07:26 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks, guys. We didn't have a problem changing to the correct score. Our bowler readily agreed, as I said. I just hadn't remembered seeing any time limit or number of bowlers from the rules. And, wondered if this was something I overlooked.

And, of course, we do not keep a separate, hand written score sheet.

#55181 - 04/23/08 07:32 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: Dennis Michael]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I've only seen a handful of bowlers that do keep a separate handwritten score sheet and thats only been for their personal benefit and they normally follow the auto scorers frown .

The only other time I've seen people keep their own score is at AMF houses around that do a no-tap tournament with a regular league score. So you have to change all the 9 counts to strikes on the no-tap score sheet and then calculate it right.
HS:763

#55187 - 04/23/08 10:27 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
In Joe Slowinski's book "The bowler Reference system" he suggests writing your frame by frame scores down every time you compete to keep track of your strike and spare percentages like singe pin and multi pin spare %, and other stats that seem like they would be fun to keep track of, like double percentage, power rating (srike % + Double %).

#55188 - 04/23/08 10:35 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: CoachJim]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
So the best power rating would be 200%?

Does a turkey count as 2 doubles?

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#55189 - 04/23/08 10:36 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: CoachJim]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

At one lane where I bowl, I get stats of:
First ball average count
Number of strikes, spares, opens and % per game
Number of splits and pick ups
Average ball speed
Average time to take your shot and others

Push a button, and get a printout at the front desk.

People are lazy today. Everything is push a button. I met a guy last week, 190 bowler, who didn't even know how to keep score manually.

#55190 - 04/23/08 10:38 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: cgeorg]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Is this going to be like the NFL Quarterback rating? Is the high 158.333?

#55192 - 04/23/08 10:44 AM Re: Strange thing at the lanes [Re: cgeorg]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
If you throw a 900 set the double percentage would be the same as if you threw a double, spare double spare set, it would be 100% it is just the percentage of times you follow a strike with another strike.

I guess the highest power rating would be 200, he had other ratings I can't remember them off the top of my head, it would be easier for me if I was bowling still and had some scores to do myself. I will look again in the book and post them all the next time I get back up stairs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by djp1080 - 01/06/20 10:55 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.