BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54961 - 04/19/08 01:49 PM How's my backswing??
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#54978 - 04/19/08 08:50 PM Re: How's my backswing?? [Re: GunsTariq]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I think I remember your backswing and it looks much more relaxed than it did before. The one thing that I do notice is that your backswing goes inside-out. Watch your first video and notice how you set up with the ball in front of your body. Then when you swing the ball, it goes out to the right after it gets to your hip. What is going to happen is, the ball is going to want to swing back on the same plane which will cause you to pull the ball. The ball will be swinging from the outside in. In your first video it looks like you keep the ball slightly away from your body during the downswing and that's how it appears you keep the ball on line. It still looks like it's a little pulled, but it's hard to tell.

If you move the ball to the right when you set up, it will help get your arm swing more in line with what you're aiming at. There are other ways to deal with this but I've found that moving the position of the ball at setup is the easiest.

#54983 - 04/19/08 10:33 PM Re: How's my backswing?? [Re: Lefty]
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Thank you for responding Lefty...

About the outside-in...Bad Habit...Coach even noticed it this week and recommended moving to the outside. There were times where I did it again and he would move it outside before I went. Like you said, I pretty have that ball starting into my left chest area.

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#55002 - 04/20/08 09:59 AM Re: How's my backswing?? [Re: GunsTariq]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
You might want to think about adding something to your routine so you remember. You could make looking at your ball position and adjusting it part of your setup.

The other thing you can do is use the position of the ball at setup to help you play different lines. When I have to swing the ball more, I'll push the ball a little bit more out help me make sure I get the ball out. I probably only move the ball an inch, but it can make a difference.

#55020 - 04/20/08 09:32 PM Re: How's my backswing?? [Re: Lefty]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Lefty, I was watching the video, I see a weird arm angle which keeps the ball tracking outside to inside, watch it again and see if you see the same thing.

Guns, have you ever injured your bowling arm, like broken it maybe?

I think if you opened your shoulders a touch more in the back swing, the ball would track inside out in the swing. The best way to achieve this is to point your balance arm at your target after the push away, and keep it there until the ball reaches the top of the back swing, then return it to square to your target while letting the ball drop from the top of the swing. Try this a few shots to get used to it then video tape yourself again and see if it looks better and see if you aren't hitting your target line more often.

I also noticed your backswing on your spare shots is way higher than your strike shot and seems to be more in line with your target, the only problem I see is you seem to be off balance a bit on your spares, try to think "I want to throw the ball straight" instead of thinking I need to throw the ball hard at my spares.

Other than that I see some good improvement and you are a lot more versatile now than you used to be. Keep up the good work.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.