BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54429 - 04/11/08 08:14 AM League Scoring
7pickup10 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Male
How does your league do team points for placing? What do you like the best?

One league I am in does the standard 1 point for each game won and 1 point for total pins for a total of 4 possible points a night. I really don't like this scoring even though most of the leagues do it I find it boring. My Trios league scores like this:

we play four games:
1 point for each game won as a team.
1 point for the player matches.
1 point for player total pins.
1 point for team total pins.
Total possible points on the night 20.

I personally love this scoring system because it adds pressure to the players because you are actually playing against an individual as well as a team. We don't select the player match ups it is set by avg. So each teams best player plays the other teams best player... This is a fun league....

Edited by 7pickup10 (04/11/08 08:16 AM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#54432 - 04/11/08 09:39 AM Re: League Scoring [Re: 7pickup10]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
We do 2 points per game, 1 for series. It is kind of bland.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#54434 - 04/11/08 09:46 AM Re: League Scoring [Re: cgeorg]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
7pickup10:

I was in a league similar to that a few years ago. The main difference was that the team on the left hand lane put in their lineup first, then the team on the left. Since it was a handicap league, it wasn't unfair to anyone. We used the same line-up week to week. We were on the left lane one time and we put in our line-up when we walked in. The other team complained to us then the Pres. I told him: Fine, I will take our names off of there and then when you put your guys in, I will put mine in the exact way. Some people will complain just to complain.

#54437 - 04/11/08 10:12 AM Re: League Scoring [Re: General Pounder]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
We have the standard 2 points per game and 1 point for series, in one league.
The other uses the same, but adds 2 points per man head to head and series of 1 point. 4-man team, 35 points possible. Team line-up changes each week, ranked low average is first, highest last. Absent or vacant always bowls last. Better be there or have a sub.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#54438 - 04/11/08 10:45 AM Re: League Scoring [Re: Dennis Michael]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
The league I bowl on is fairly strange... we get 2 points per game, as well as 2 points for series. For a possible 8 points per week. It makes it interesting as there is usually a lot of swing from 4th to 11th place lol.
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#54439 - 04/11/08 10:45 AM Re: League Scoring [Re: Dennis Michael]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
The league I bowl on is fairly strange... we get 2 points per game, as well as 2 points for series. For a possible 8 points per week. It makes it interesting as there is usually a lot of swing from 4th to 11th place lol.
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#54461 - 04/11/08 04:40 PM Re: League Scoring [Re: AmpleSound]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
The leagues I bowl in all are points based on the team performance. My Saturday Mixed is the typical 4 point system. My Monday Mens is 7 point, 2 for each game and one total. My Tuesday Mens is also 7 points, 1 point a game for handicap and 1 point a game scratch and then 1 for total. You can loose all 3 games and total handicap but still leave with 3 points by having the higher scratch total in each game. I wouldn't mind finding a match point league, but don't think there are many if any in the area.
HS:763

#54848 - 04/17/08 12:25 PM Re: League Scoring [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 52/M/Virginia Beach, VA
This year, 2 points per game in both league, 1 for series in one league, 2 for series in the other.

I always liked bowling match point leagues, but only if it was a scratch league. Handicap match point is not nearly as much fun.

Standings normally get a lot more spread out in match point leagues, since you have the chance to take 20-25 points a night, depending on how the points are distributed. Leagues that use 4-8 points a night usually stay a little closer.

Bowl up a Storm!

#54850 - 04/17/08 01:21 PM Re: League Scoring [Re: Fin09]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I think I mentioned before a league I was in back in my college days. It was a Petersen League (singles). All head to head and scratch. 1 point per game, 1 point for series, and 1 point per 50 pins. Extra pins carried over. Say first week you won all 3 games and series plus you shot 675. You had a total of 17 points on the night with a carry over of 25 pins. Next week, you shot 625 and lost all 3 games and series, you still got 13 points on the night. That league was a lot of fun.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by 6_ball_man - 12/08/18 10:50 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.