BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 120 of 137 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 136 137 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54603 - 04/14/08 09:52 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues ***** [Re: pbateson]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
Well bowling the 2nd to last week on my Saturday league was just about awful. The 1st game I just couldn't get squat going, spares were off, plenty of splits, and only a couple of strikes well spread apart for a 133... Put the Cell away in the 2nd game which I shouldn't have gone for the Battle either. After seeing a 153 I thought I was just done for the night. So I went outside for a quick smoke, grabbed the Saturn and proceeded to take control of the night. Ended up shooting a 231, which put me as the 2nd highest score for the 3rd game as my friend on another team shot a 266 after putting up the front 8. We were really hoping to see him pull off a 300. Though he still won the scratch pot lol...

As a team we're sitting fairly well. We went into the night still in 8th place after only splitting with the last place team last weekend. So we take all 4 from the 12th place team, which should hopefully put us up towards 5th or 6th. Since the 4th place - 11th place teams are all very close. Now we just have to bring our A-game for one more Saturday night, as far as this league goes smile!
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#54605 - 04/14/08 10:13 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: AmpleSound]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
My last Saturday mixed league night went good. We have one more after this, but We will be on vacation and will miss the last week.

We hammered our opponent, winning every game by well over 100 pins. They were the team just in front of us, and this week being a position round, we improved our place in the standings.We should be somewhere in the top 10 (8th, 9th or 10th) of a 30 team league, not to shabby for our first year.

I shot ok 189, 206, 236 for a 631. Two of my teamates took all the high game jackpots,they did well. A fun ending to a fun season. smile

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#54662 - 04/14/08 10:39 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: pbateson]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Monday mens seemed to start off good. My swing was feeling good, the ball was coming off the hand good and hitting hard. I rolled a 202 with bookend opens the first frame was a 4 pin I didn't line up right and whiffed right of it and the tenth frame was a 1-4? leave that I only got the 1. I did something funky with my arm on the downswing got the ball doing right down lane since I was playing up 5, missed the headpin completely should have left the 1-2-4 but a pin bounced around the 4 pin, off the wall and took out that 2.

The second game, wasn't as good mid 160s, again bookend opens. The first frame was the 4-6-7 split that I fouled on the spare attempt which I got the 4-7. The last frame was a 9 pin that I lined up few boards to the left and just skimmed to the left of it. I had one other open in that game a 10 pin that I just angled the ball too far and it fell in the gutter a few feet from the 10 pin. I didn't have many strikes that game, 3 if I was lucky, but no strings of strikes. I just had problems finding a line I could use. Up 5 it would take off, even with some finger adjustments, and I had a hard time getting the ball to bounce of the dry. I could have did a ball change but nothing else felt good on my hand.

The third game was even worse, mid 150s game. Again I started with an open, can't remember what it was. I did mark in the tenth, but I still had issues getting to the pocket, and had more lower counts and a couple more opens. I ended with a 521 series I think. We lost all 7 points. I did make some terrible shots. Tonight I left the whole back row at one point or another tonight, and only needed the 6 pin to have left the whole two back rows as single pins. I missed four single pins, a 4, a 7, a 9 and a 10 all of them due to not lining up right.
HS:763

#54666 - 04/14/08 10:59 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Cal if none of the rest of your equipment feels the same, you should start fixing your grip on those balls now and then catch the ones that feel good down the road.

#54667 - 04/14/08 11:35 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: CoachJim]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

It was more along the lines of just not being comfortable. I had to go to a larger insert on my middle finger to allow for the tape where my skin is ripped open on the side at the crease. Some of the inserts just feel like a sharp edge even through the tape. I think its the fact they are so thin they don't give much of a cushion. Some how on my Purple Ogre its not a problem. All of my equipment is suppose to be the same, the bulk of it was re-drilled at the same time last summer to have them all be the same since only a few had a similar span and the pitches were different on some. Only 1 ball wasn't drilled by this driller, my Liberator. This is going to be one of the first. I also having been working much lately so funds are a little short or I would have started the process. Thats why I'm waiting for leagues to end, or at least my Saturday league since its done in a couple weeks and I should get enough to start the process and get the new shoes I need.

#54696 - 04/15/08 10:13 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Joey Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 33,M,Monticello, MN
Last night was the last night of league...it involved no tap scoring....usually I always get 8's on these nights...

I actually ended up only "needing" 6-7 no taps...and ended with a 780 series, with scores of 248, 246, and 286...there were open 10 frames in the first and last game...the last game had me with 10 in a row the last 5 naturally...just chucked her too hard on the 11th throw....ended up with 1-2-10.....Even though it was no tap, I think I did well...All in all, I had only about 6-7 no taps on the night for all games....

had some hiccups on the way, but all in all, it was a good season for coming back after a 5 year hiatus.....I am wanting to do domething over the summer...I will loiter around the new center by my house and see if anyone needs a guy...there is a real competitive league starting up there on Thursdays...might try it...but going in, I am easily overmatched by anyone in that league...but maybe it would help me improve my game....

Good luck to all that still have a couple of weeks left....

Edited by Joey (04/15/08 10:13 AM)

retired ball: Faball 3D offset superhook.

Season:
GAme:248
Series:639
Average:189

#54749 - 04/15/08 06:11 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Joey]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
survived another monday night, and did pretty good really.

145, 197, 148, good night out for me. the 197 game kinda made me mad in a way though, i was clean thru 9 frames, left nothing on the deck, then the tenth comes up, and i toss a horrid shot leaving the 1,3,9 UGH! and rather than trust the ball, i move my feet, and chop the 1 pin out!! i was more mad i missed the spare, than not hitting 200, lol.

that was the last night for points, next monday is the roll-off, we won first half, now have to bowl winner of second half.

i figure as a team, we should win close enough to what we spent to bowl for the season, and that is a good thing...
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#54761 - 04/15/08 10:02 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: tbill]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

Grrrrrr. Tonight was another up and down night. After being able to hit pocket and carry with three different balls in practice, the Purple Ogre, the Groove and the spare ball, I choose to use the Groove. As the first game started all of sudden I couldn't hit the pocket, or the right side of the head pin, constantly going dead through the head pin. I had two marks in the first six frames, a spare in the first and a strike that I threw correctly. I realized what my problem was, I had my body angled in some therefore sending the ball across the lane instead of running up 6 with a breakpoint of about 8. Once I realized this and corrected it, I throw the next five strikes and if I hadn't pulled the last shot, would have punched out for a 189, but I left the 5-10 on the cross over shot for a 187.

The second game I get back on track, starting out with a turkey, a spare and another strike. Then things start to go wrong on the left lane, I'm still not sure what it was but I would get the ball out to the right some and never get back to the pocket but would cover the spares. I stayed clean, but didn't strike again until the tenth we I tossed the first two, then got off balance on the last shot, lofted the ball some, right on the 1 board which became a gutterball for a 213.

The last game started off well, with three strikes in the first four frames, and the one non-strike was an open, a single 7 pin. After a spare in the fifth, things really went down hill. I opened the last five frames. All of them makable spares, not completely easy but makable. They included another 7 pin, the 1-2-7 which I did the same thing on the second shot that I did on the first shot, the 1-3-9 pulled my plastic and chopped the 1, the 3-6-10 which I only got the 10 bad alignment, bad swing and still sliding as I released, and the four pin in the tenth. I left that with my plastic running a little high in the pocket. All of that for a 137 to finish the night at 537. I started out bad, couldn't miss in the middle and finished bad. All those opens most of them easy spares, only a couple of splits at most, could have been a big swing in my series total.

As a team we should get 5 of 7 points. There was a weird situation I described in another thread, thats why I said should. We have five more weeks to try to make a push to get closer to the top.

#54762 - 04/15/08 10:37 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Finally out of my slump - been averaging 170s in league. Had a 221, 170, 245 tonight. 7 bagger in the last game. 4 opens, 18 strikes, 9.4 first ball avg.

Edited by cgeorg (04/15/08 10:37 PM)

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#54763 - 04/15/08 10:51 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: cgeorg]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
Well tonight was the last night of my Tuesday scratch league. I made a so-so showing with scores of 216-169-234(619). I only took the last game, the last 2 weeks I only took 1.5 points so I ended with a 207 average, 768 series as a high, 278 as my high game but a poor record being 11.5 points under .500. It is how ever a better showing than last year, not acceptable by my standards but it's over thankfully. We took 2nd place for the 2nd year in a row.

What's weird is they had a meeting last week. They are getting rid of 5 man teams and scratch. Going to 4 man teams with a handicap of 80% of 800. There is no cap but if you go over the 800 team then you give back pins. They made the move to get more teams involved, teams stayed away because of it being scratch. I'm not really a fan of handicap leagues but I already agreed to return next year. One more league to finish up.

I'm only doing Weds for the Summer and another place offers PBA Experience practice every Tuesday for dirt cheap. Next year I need to make a better showing than this.
Storm - Natural

Page 120 of 137 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 136 137 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by Dennis Michael - Today at 03:59 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Today at 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Vic44 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.