BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53172 - 03/27/08 11:34 AM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: General Pounder]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
You are right GP the summer leagues are about to start. I am bowling on a two man PBA league this summer, but I don't have a partner yet..so thats always a little iffy walking in and not knowing who I'll wind up with as a teamate. Thats what I mean by not being quite the same. I don't care who it is male, or female just as long as its not a blood and guts kind of person, taking it way, way to seriously.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#53173 - 03/27/08 11:37 AM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Atochabsh]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
A few weeks ago I couldn't wait for the season to wrap up. It was mainly so I could step back and reset. Now that I've started to roll the ball better its a different story. All three of my leagues are ending at different times, my Saturday mixed finishes up around the third week of April, Monday mens finishes the Monday after Memorial Day, and Tuesday mens finishes a week or two prior to Memorial Day.

The Saturday league I still will be glad that its ending though. There isn't much in the way of competition on it, maybe a handful of other actual bowlers. Next season I doubt the league will be around as the majority of the people in the league are going to the bigger 5 person league that will take up the whole center once our league dissolves.

As for the summer, I normally do one summer league, and this years its another ball league. I used to do the summer leagues with my brother and his wife but they don't always bowl them. We normally bowl Saturdays together, other than this past season. We will be back together next year in the other league. I will also do the AMF Summer Doubles Tour again as money permits. For me bowling is a year round thing. The summer is to stay in "bowling shape" so to speak.
HS:763

#53174 - 03/27/08 11:41 AM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Scott Gannon]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I'll probably cut down to a couple of nights a week. 1 league, 1 practice.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#53176 - 03/27/08 11:48 AM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Jbigdog Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 27/M/Boise, ID
I'm looking forward to it. Most of my team, including myself, will be back together on a summer league. I'll also be on a sport league, maybe two. I should also have more opportunity for practice in the evenings as the leagues die down. I plan on hitting it hard this summer and stepping my game up to the next level by fall.
White Dot (FUBAR lanes and Spares)
Silencer (Retired, but in the trunk just in case)
AMForce 1 (Retired, but in the trunk just in case)

#53182 - 03/27/08 12:04 PM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Jbigdog]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/New Jersey
I'm mixed on the end of this season, which is in 5-6 weeks. I'm bowling good, but that doesn't matter because I have a summer league that starts right after this one ends.

I'm mixed because we started out as a top 3 team and dropped to the middle of the pack around Christmas. This has been mostly due to the fact that we have a bowler who should be bowling a lot better (should have around a 210 average) than he is, but he decided a few months in that he doesn't want to be there. He just starts to goof around when he starts to struggle, he doesn't even try. Due to this, he's averaging a 195 in our league when he's in the 215 range in his other league (which he brags about all the time). He's already told us he's not coming back next year, and we really don't care.

The problem is I've known him since I was 10 years old. For the last 2 years, we bowled in the same doubles summer league that I will bowl in again. It's a big money league and we won the whole thing the first year and we each got $1100 for winning. I've already asked one of my other teammates to bowl with me for the summer because I don't want to deal with the goofing around if he starts to have trouble. I just asked my teammate last week, and I still have to tell him about it.

Mark

#53196 - 03/27/08 01:55 PM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Mkirchie]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Jacksonville, NC
I have about 4 more weeks left on my Monday league. Part of me is happy it's winding down but another part of me wants it to go on because I am enjoying a phenomenal season, a season which I've never had before. But, with summer coming, I could use the extra money to pay some stuff off and get myself back on track money-wise (getting a divorce has actually helped me financially - strange, huh?). With that said, though, I am still teetering on bowling a PBA experience league this summer, but that all depends on funds and whether or not my dad needs help working on projects around his house at night. I guess when the time comes I'll make that decision.

#53197 - 03/27/08 01:57 PM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Mkirchie]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
I'm actually excited. I'm bowling this summer so my season doesn't end, but I get to start fresh with new faces in a new league with new challenges, and its a PBA league to boot.

Also, the warmer weather means I can get outside more. Softball starts soon, I can start golfing recreationally again, it'll be a lot easier to shoot a basketball around, I can go out and rollerblade and maybe do a little street hockey, and we can throw a frisbee around.

As much as I love bowling, I don't like being all couped up in the house all winter and not be able to do the other things I love to do that are warmer weather activities.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#53200 - 03/27/08 02:06 PM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Timotheus]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
As many of you know, I used this season to work my way back into some semblance of bowling shape and did not bowl in a league (though I felt I was ready for one by December, there were no openings & I didn't want to bowl as a sub). I've always felt my season actually started in the summer, anyway, as the first league I ever joined was a summer league. As I'll be rolling my first ball in anger since coming back this summer, I'm looking forward to summer leagues starting. laugh
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#53210 - 03/27/08 03:34 PM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: Tim Gerard]
johnw1 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 66/m/Wynantskill/ny/usa
I'm glad this season will be ending soon as it has been a strain since the season began last September. First a broken wrist - fell off a ladder Labor Day weekend - and then a recurrence of a knee injury (left knee) that I suffered some years ago playing in a senior men's ice hockey league. The broken wrist I was able to deal with because it was my left wrist but the knee has gotten to the point where I have to wear a very sophisticated knee brace with metal supports with hinges on the sides.

The good thing about the season ending, at least for me, is that I can do what I do at the end of every season which is to take my prize money and start shopping for a new ball.

#53211 - 03/27/08 03:41 PM Re: Seasons ending,...glad...or sad?? [Re: johnw1]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: johnw1
The good thing about the season ending, at least for me, is that I can do what I do at the end of every season which is to take my prize money and start shopping for a new ball.

It's surprising to me how many people buy a new ball at the end of the season instead of the beginning.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by djp1080 - Today at 05:21 PM
This is a damned shame
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 11:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.