BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5299 - 10/22/03 09:40 AM Weekly Fee
JKotek Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 30 / M / McKees Rocks, PA
I am the president of our league, and lately I have been questioned about our weekly fees. We are a fun league, and only pay $12.00 per week, which $9.50 goes to the alleys. A lot of guys are complaining that every time they turn around, we are raising the fee. My question is, what do you pay for your weekly fee? I want to show them what some other leagues pay compared to ours.

Thanks,
Jeff

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#5300 - 10/22/03 10:56 AM Re: Weekly Fee
Dick Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Quarryville, Pa
I am also located in Pennsylvania. I live in the Lancaster area. Currently I am in 3 leagues and pay $12 for two of them and $13 for the travel league. Hope this helps.

#5301 - 10/22/03 01:30 PM Re: Weekly Fee
IronMaiden756 Offline

A/S/L: 52/F/Righty/Metro Detroit USBC
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by JKotek:
I am the president of our league, and lately I have been questioned about our weekly fees. We are a fun league, and only pay $12.00 per week, which $9.50 goes to the alleys. A lot of guys are complaining that every time they turn around, we are raising the fee. My question is, what do you pay for your weekly fee? I want to show them what some other leagues pay compared to ours.

Thanks,
Jeff
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">I'm in Sterling Heights, Michigan.. a suburb of Detroit.

My Monday league charges $13.00 per week, with $8.85 going to the house and the balance of $4.15 going into the prize fund (26 teams).

Thursday is also $13.00 per week, but only $6.00 goes to the house and $7.00 goes to the prize fund (20 teams).

#5302 - 10/22/03 01:53 PM Re: Weekly Fee
usr bin geek Offline

A/S/L: 37/m/Burlington, VT
The typical league here in Vermont charges each bowler $13 and the center gets around $10-11.
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#5303 - 10/22/03 05:34 PM Re: Weekly Fee
Angel Offline

A/S/L: F/So Cal
Wow, don't move here.

Lineage is always beyond $11, and in some cases (6 pm leagues) I gather it's above $12. Leagues charge anywhere from $15 for a "fun" league to $26 for a competitive league with prize fund.

Junior leagues charge less than $10, but they bowl Saturday mornings, or A/Js that bowl Sunday evenings early.

#5304 - 10/22/03 06:21 PM Re: Weekly Fee
LadyLuck Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 52/F/NY
Welcome to New York, the other city of extremes.

My ladies league which is by no means a money league charges $20 per week with $11.70 going to lineage. Most of us bowl in two leagues.

Add in the cost of drinks, food, pots, brackets, etc.
and the total is astronomical. The better bowlers used to bowl in 4 to 5 leagues a week. Not anymore, who can afford it?

----------------------

LadyLuck

#5305 - 10/23/03 11:55 AM Re: Weekly Fee
emperor Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 27/M/Bronx, NY
I agree with Lady Luck. NY is expensive. In 2000 I joined a cruise league (New York, NY) which was $21/week. Games were $7 at the time, so the league wasn't accused of highway robbery.

Now I have returned to join a vacation league (Jersey City, NJ). It is $25/week and I am sure a small portion goes to the house, while the rest goes to the vacations. Games are $1.50-$4.00.

I would kill for a $12/week league!

#5306 - 10/23/03 05:42 PM Re: Weekly Fee
Wes K Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 49/M/Connecticut
Both of the leagues I bowl in charge $16; I think lineage is about $9.50

#5307 - 10/24/03 05:40 PM Re: Weekly Fee
Kenny13 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 42/m/New Orleans
Wow, I don't feel bad at all. I'm in the New Orleans area and I pay $11 weekly for 2 of my leagues, and $30 each stop for my travelling league which bowls 2 sets every other week. It basically is the equivalent of $15 per set when you divide it up, which is around the average weekly fee for many of the leagues in this area with good payoffs.

#5308 - 10/24/03 07:14 PM Re: Weekly Fee
Express Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Alanta, GA
Most of the leagues around here charge $14 to $25. Of that I'm not sure how much the center gets but I do know that the secretaries get paid WAY TOO MUCH in most cases.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.