BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5114 - 11/28/02 11:36 PM Internet Invitational XIII
IronMaiden756 Offline

A/S/L: 52/F/Righty/Metro Detroit USBC
Spots are opening for the next round of the Internet Invitational. This is a very informal and (at least we think so) fun way to get to know bowlers from around the country and around the world. There's no fee to join, and no prize money issued (unless you'd like me to mail you some Monopoly money) smile

Players are placed on teams based on average. If a married couple happens to be bowling, no spouses are allowed to bowl with each other. The bowlers choose ONE weekly league and submit scores to the league secretary (that's me) by email, or using the Score Submissions page located at http://bowlingfans.com/league/ .

However, since the bowlers are part of a rather large mailing list, we like reading updates about how good or how bad you've bowled. We LIKE reading about lane conditions, targets, what ball was used, etc. Some of us truly benefit from the wealth of other bowlers' knowledge.

The flood of email can get to be a bit much just with updates, so if anyone decided to spam the group with jokes or that sort of stuff that would be the quickest way to be removed from the league (and yes, it's happened before).

The next round will begin in January 2003, so if you're interested, I'd need a first name and a Yearbook average. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread and add people to the league.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#5115 - 11/29/02 10:24 AM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
Bent elbow Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: FL USA
Does the league have to be registered for submission of scores at bowl.com. I would like to join but I don't believe my league submits their weekly scores to them. At least I haven't found either when looking them up there. I do of course belong to WIBC.

Susan

#5116 - 11/29/02 11:39 AM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
SADMan Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 33 / M / IL USA
Hi Lisa,

My fist name: Sean
Last years book average: 165 (had a bad year, this year's current league average is 174)

Looking forward to getting a chance to participate!

Sean

#5117 - 11/29/02 01:02 PM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
AnimeKid Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 18/male/Michigan
Hi...I'd like to join, but I'm not in a sanctioned league. I currently bowl with my college bowling club, and we usually bowl 3 games a week. I do have a yearbook average of 200 even however. Do I have to be in a sanctioned league to participate?

#5118 - 11/29/02 03:15 PM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
IronMaiden756 Offline

For Sean and anyone else interested, I need an email address so I can send out the rules, and weekly sheets (I send them out by email as well as have them posted on bowlingfans).

For Susan and Anime, your league doesn't have to be sanctioned, and as long as you submit the scores via email or the Score Submissions Page, you can bowl.

Hope this helps!

#5119 - 11/29/02 06:57 PM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
usr bin geek Offline

A/S/L: 37/m/Burlington, VT
Please Private Message your email address to Lisa rather than posting them on the board. (Click on the PM button in her post.)
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#5120 - 11/29/02 07:04 PM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
IronMaiden756 Offline

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by usr bin geek:
Please Private Message your email address to Lisa rather than posting them on the board. (Click on the PM button in her post.) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Thanks Usr... I forgot about the Private Message feature smile

#5121 - 12/03/02 09:27 AM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
SADMan Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 33 / M / IL USA
Hi Lisa,

I sent you a private message with my e-mail address.

Thanks,
Sean

#5122 - 12/21/02 04:17 PM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
Sue O Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 48/F/UK
Hi there - if you are still looking for bowlers my two kids would be interested - no year book though, not sure what they would be called here in England. David's average for last season (ending August) was 187, Sarahs was 163. Both have put pins on their averages so far this season though, David is up to 195 in one league and Sarah is up to 168 although over the last few weeks has been putting this up week on week. Mail me if you need more bowlers and I am sure I can get plenty more from our club here in England ...Sue O

#5123 - 12/22/02 09:54 AM Re: Internet Invitational XIII
IronMaiden756 Offline

I've filled the round of XIII with 40 bowlers, and that will be this year's cutoff.

Susan, I'll put your kids on the waiting list for the round of XIV, since this league bowls year round. The rounds are usually in the 12 to 14 week range, so if your kids bowl in the summer they'll be brought aboard then smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.