BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#80433 - 02/17/09 11:54 PM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: bchinfoon]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: bchinfoon
What do people think about a Hy-Road vs a Black Widow Pearl for a medium oil ball? I'm having trouble deciding what to pick for my next ball.

The Hy-Road is more versatile, from what I've seen, than the BW Pearl. I don't think I've ever seen the BW Pearl in the finals of any TV broadcast. The Hy-Road has been there 8-9 times already and used but multiple bowlers, even by Storm staffers throwing against one another.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#80472 - 02/18/09 05:28 AM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I originally intended this thread to help people make decisions on their arsenals for themselves. I will have to update the ball list since most of the balls on the original list are now outdated, but the same rules apply if you go back and read the first two posts I made, and apply newer equipment which others here can give you better advice on than me, I can't bowl anymore so I don't have first hand knowledge on the most up to date balls, other than the reviews I have read and results from my students.

If you need help deciding between two balls, post a thread on it and get people's opinion.

#81220 - 02/22/09 06:27 PM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: CoachJim]
Paulmcxxx Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 38, M, Indiana, Fort Wayne
When you are building an arsenal, try to think of it like a golfer: You aren't going to have all drivers or all putters in your bag, you need the different clubs to get you through the round.
I have a MaxxZone for heavy/longer oil, a Fury for shorter patterns but heavy oil, a Twisted Fury for medium conditions, a Sidewinder for shorter patterns, a Wizard for medium conditions with a lot of carry down and a urethane ball for super dry conditions.
Most of my layouts are meant to roll rather than snap. I learned that when I first bowled in a PBA regional. I was using the balls that work on a house shot and was getting insane over/under reactions. I would throw a shot and go through the nose, make a 3/2 adjustment left and have a washout, 2 and 1 right and go brooklyn. It is very humbling to go someplace with your 220 average and leave having averaged about 170...

#83420 - 03/09/09 07:02 AM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: Paulmcxxx]
clt2244 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 20/m/Ohio
My usual 4 ball bag:
Cell/BWP/SD-73/Pluto/many others for heavy oil
Toxic - Benchmark and my go to ball
Link - When Lanes Start to carry down
WWF Rock Spare - spare ball

if needed ill add:
Roto Grip Neptune - that in between heavy oil benchmark ball
Gold Lable Elite (Polished) - if need something between Link and spare ball

on league nights ill roll with the top 4 but in tournments ill take 5-6, it just depends on how many i want to take in lol
Roto Grip Nomad Pearl
Global 900 Maniac
Track 505c
Roto Grip Mars
Ebnoite Clear Wolf

#90449 - 05/03/09 07:25 PM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: CoachJim]
Kappasheno Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 40/M/NY
In an attempt to build an arsenal, I'm confronted with the following question: "Do I really need a Mid-Performance Ball?"

Current Arsenal:
Rogue Cell: Med - Heavy
Cell pearl: Med
Twisted Fury: Med
Razyr: Dry
Golden Globe: Spare

#90521 - 05/04/09 07:21 AM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: Kappasheno]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I'd say you have a pretty big hole between the cell pearl/twisted fury and the Razyr.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#102343 - 09/08/09 09:36 PM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: cgeorg]
sharnothegreat Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/FL
im a newbie to this bowling game and would love to see maybe an updated list of some equipment that should be in a regular house league. thanks

arsenal:
Hammer-Raw Hammer ACID
Brunswick-Zone spare

#105449 - 10/16/09 01:36 PM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: CoachJim]
captcrabby Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 47/M/NC
My "arsenal" consists of a Momentum Swing..period.That said Im a newbie.First ball i have ever owned and first that has a finger tip grip.I joined a league last week and my first time out is this evening.At the end of teh league I will be gettinga Freeze.So I guess I have 2 balls now! I was practicing last week and ran into lanes that were so heavily oild I couldnt get my ball to do anything.So Im thinking I need a heavy oil ball(ok I really just want to spend some money before the wife does).Speed is around 17mph. medium revs and high track,if 0 degrees equals hand behind the ball and 90degrees equals hand beside the ball(righty towards the gutter) Im at about 50 degrees. any suggestions?

#105451 - 10/16/09 02:24 PM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: captcrabby]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
You will have a hard time finding a ball more aggressive than the Momentum Swing: http://columbia300.com/images/uploads/pdfs/performance_comparison_chart.xls

A Virtual Gravity or original Cell might give you a bit more, but it wouldn't be much.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#105456 - 10/16/09 02:57 PM Re: Building an Arsenal [Re: cgeorg]
captcrabby Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 47/M/NC
Thank you. When I purchased teh ball I asked for a mid range ball that would give me some hook.It appears that its more than I thought.I do not know much about the drillings but I had anotyehr driller lok at it when I had the finger plugs replaced and he said it was drilled"mild".So Im wondering if maybe I should get something a bit more agressively drilled?

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.