BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51008 - 03/02/08 11:35 AM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: Dennis Michael]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
I think I would have had a better experience too had Suzie Minshew been there. I took my Bronze level coaching class from her and I know I would have gotten more from being coached by her for 2.5 days. We didn't find out until we arrived at the center where the clinic was being held that she had been replaced. And for me that was a two hour drive away. So at that point, with having driven there, pre paid, and hotel reservations; I stayed. The idea of a refund was never mentioned. But at the end of the weekend, I didn't give them a very good review either.

Erin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#51027 - 03/02/08 09:14 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: Atochabsh]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I would love to get coaching from Suzie Minshew. I love her articles in BTM. I also tried to get Ron Clifton to come out to Long Island. Couldn't guarantee enough people to justify the trip. Lineage was also a bit high.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#51055 - 03/03/08 06:40 AM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
I know I would have Smooth. And when they told me I was in Suzie's group I was excited. So much for that. The off lane lectures, with the exception of Dr. Dean Hinitz were pretty much useless. Time would have been better spent on the lanes. I was shocked at the lack of attention to spare shooting. In both clinics there was basically NO spare shooting advise. And neither touched on lane transition and how to adjust when lanes broke down. In fact one lecturer (Gold coach) said there's no such thing as carry down. Doesn't exist.

Erin

#51104 - 03/03/08 12:20 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: Dennis Michael]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
1mrdad:

Thanks for the info and the PM. I will definately look into it. I have done searches on bowl.com for a coach in my area. There are 2 Silver coaches close to me (only one with contact info posted). There are more silver level coaches the further out I go. I would need to look at pricing before I make a decision one way or another.

#51118 - 03/03/08 02:17 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: General Pounder]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Does Bill Spigner still coach at Hawthorn lanes? If so he is one of the best coaches going.

#51120 - 03/03/08 02:33 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: CoachJim]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
CoachJim, I will check that out. Hawthorn is a little ways away, but I frequently sub in their invitational league on PBA patterns. Next time I go there, I will find out about Spigner.

I don't know for sure, but was he part of the family ownership?
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#51123 - 03/03/08 02:59 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: Dennis Michael]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

Quote:
I don't know for sure, but was he part of the family ownership?

I believe he was or is part owner unless he retired, I doubt he would have left there without an outstanding replacement. That house has a tremendous reputation in the bowling community as providing the most professional atmosphere to bowl in with a top notch Pro Shop and excellent coaching staff. It makes me want to move to Chicago, that and the food.

#51144 - 03/03/08 08:34 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: CoachJim]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
Chicago is colder than New York. I am not leaving NY for somewhere colder than NYC. I don't care who makes the food. :-)

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#51151 - 03/03/08 10:14 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: Smooth Stroker]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

Yep and it's windy too that is why I am staying put.

#51159 - 03/03/08 11:48 PM Re: Bowling Camps [Re: CoachJim]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: CoachJim
Yep and it's windy too that is why I am staying put.

Funny. The only place that it is actually windy is downtown between buildings. But, you will get that with any city with high rises.

The reason for Chicago being named the windy city is because of back in the 1800's, a newspaper said that Chicagoans were braggarts and blowhards. Basically stating that the politicians here blow a lot of wind when they talk. The term has kind of snowballed since then.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.