BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5063 - 09/11/02 12:49 PM Just took over league president, need help with rules
JKotek Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 30 / M / McKees Rocks, PA
I have been elected president of our bowling league. The rules that were passed to me are a mess. I am looking for suggestions of league rules other than the ones posted on the ABC website. We have set up a 5 person rules committee to enforce/maintain the rules that are agreed upon. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff help

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#5064 - 09/11/02 01:04 PM Re: Just took over league president, need help with rules
Pizzaguy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 50/M/Rochester, NY
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by JKotek:
I have been elected president of our bowling league. The rules that were passed to me are a mess. I am looking for suggestions of league rules other than the ones posted on the ABC website. We have set up a 5 person rules committee to enforce/maintain the rules that are agreed upon. Any help would be appreciated.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Jeff, I think we need a little more information.

Is this a scratch or handicap league? Mixed or men only? Give us as much info as you can and we will try to help.

#5065 - 09/11/02 01:46 PM Re: Just took over league president, need help with rules
JKotek Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 30 / M / McKees Rocks, PA
It is a men's league. Currently we use 80% of the difference of the teams total average for a hadicap. We have 8 teams of 4 bowlers, with one vacancy. We are not sanctions, because the members voted it down.

#5066 - 09/26/02 12:06 AM Re: Just took over league president, need help with rules
Jimmy N Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 21/male/CT
First of all, I do not like your handicapping system at all. Whereas it works the same as individual handicapping as long as no bowler is over the handicap limit (for example, a 215 avg in an 80% of 210 league, and is actually more fair in that instance) I would move to an individual handicapping format, becasue without it, it leaves no room for side pots (noone will get in pots that are all scratch, unless theyre scratch bowlers) and it eliminates the end of year handicap awards. Other than that, I can think of a lot of rules that I have in my league, but I would need to know more about your league now, and what rules you have in place now, and then I can offer my advice.

#5067 - 09/26/02 08:36 AM Re: Just took over league president, need help with rules
Pizzaguy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 50/M/Rochester, NY
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Jimmy N:
I would move to an individual handicapping format, becasue without it, it leaves no room for side pots (noone will get in pots that are all scratch, unless theyre scratch bowlers) and it eliminates the end of year handicap awards. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Not true about the handicap awards. Each person still has an individual handicap, it's just that the team handicap is calculated in a different manner. I have bowled in many leagues where this is the case.

As far as rules, Jeff, you will want some version of the following:

Playing strength, legal lineup and roster size
Point system
League fees
Absent/Vacancy scores
League Championship playoff procedure
In what frame does a team have to use a blind (what frame do bowlers have to arrive by)
Handicap system

There are lots of others you may want to consider, maybe someone else can post a few too.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.