BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50580 - 02/25/08 10:51 AM Tournament Results
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
So, bowled in my second ever regular handicap tournament yesterday. I've bowled in some other no taps, and a 3 6 9, cashed in 2 of those 3. However, I missed the cut in my last handicap tourney with some decent, but not spectacular bowling.

Last Tuesday, in my league outing, I bowled 170s 160s 125. Had 13 strikes, 4 spares, and 14 opens. Went out Saturday to the place that was holding the tournament. First game, I shot 10 pins on my first ball and strike ball on the second. 2nd game, 7 pins on my first ball, strike ball on the second. 3rd game, I just played for score. 4th and 5th, I used my other 2 balls to find a read on where I might be playing if I have to change lines. Also got my equipment refinished:

AMF VP2 - 4000 abralon
Big One - 2000 abralon, polished
Zone - 1000 abralon

Come Sunday, I get up nice and early to get there for the first squad, where 1 in 4 make it to the finals instead of 1 in 5. I get there at 10:10, giving myself plenty of time to prepare for the 10:30 start, and... it started at 10. Head to Lowe's to pick up some paint, and come back for the 11:30 squad. Turned out there were 6 in the first squad, so only 1 made it. 2nd squad ended up only had 4 bowlers (as did the 3rd), so I was better off waiting.

Shot is the THS for this house, I usually score very well here. Come out of the gate with a 216. I made a couple bad shots, but never really missed the pocket. Kept it clean. Move a pair, 257. Move a pair, 256. My previous best series was a 639, and I just beat it by 90 pins. Add my 33 pins handicap per game, for an 828. Needless to say, I made the cut.

Went home for lunch, got back for finals at 2:30. I got a bye into the championship round, being the high qualifier. The semifinal ended up at something 260-180. Took a couple practice shots on the final pair and I was really deep. I had started the day standing with my left foot on 35 - by now, I was a good 10 boards further in, using the VP2. Each shot, I just got up, did my pre shot routine, and told myself "1 shot, 1 at a time. Relax and trust it" And I did just that. Had the front 4 or 5 or 6 before I let one outside a little early, so it came back weak, leaving a 10. I had one pulled shot that went brooklyn, but other than that, I didn't miss the pocket (all day). Won the final 267 - 190something.

My last 3 games (257 256 267) were a 790. It's so great to finally put together the scores I know I'm capable of.

Also, the only spare I missed all tournament was shooting a 10 pin on the 12th ball of the last game, so I can forgive myself a lapse of concentration there.

Now I just need to hit up all the handicap tourneys I can before I get re-rated smile

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#50582 - 02/25/08 11:01 AM Re: Tournament Results [Re: cgeorg]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Congrats and good bowling.

#50584 - 02/25/08 11:07 AM Re: Tournament Results [Re: cgeorg]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Good bowling cgeorg. I wish there were more tournaments around me, or if there are they get promoted better because I the only time I see anything around me its an AMF thing other than the City and State tournaments. There's traveling tournament during the winter but I never see anything about it to see where on what weekends.
HS:763

#50586 - 02/25/08 11:20 AM Re: Tournament Results [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
Great bowling! Wish I could find some more tourney's around here too. They have a ton of ABT but that's about it. Now for the state tourney I have to figure out which average I get to use since the USBC card I got doesn't show an average on it. I was hoping to be able to carry over my 149 from last season, so I guess I'll see...
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#50588 - 02/25/08 11:30 AM Re: Tournament Results [Re: AmpleSound]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
AmpleSound:

They should have the book so they will see your average from last year. I don't know why the cards this year don't show the averages anymore.

#50589 - 02/25/08 12:14 PM Re: Tournament Results [Re: General Pounder]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

Alright, thanks for the info GP. I was baffled as some people's cards have their average from last year, and some don't. lol Good to see that your's isn't there either. I sent the tourney info an e-mail just to be sure. laugh

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#50593 - 02/25/08 12:31 PM Re: Tournament Results [Re: AmpleSound]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
congrats on fantastic bowling!!

USBC told us that the reason the averages were not on the cards any longer is that by not having this info on them allowed them to qualify for cheaper mailing rate. It started just this winter season. So those that bought their card last summer, would still have the avearges on them.

Make sure you read tournament entry forms thoroughly. Many larger tournaments like State and Nationals require you to rerate yourself if you are currently averaging over 10 pins higher then your last book average.

Erin

#50594 - 02/25/08 12:46 PM Re: Tournament Results [Re: Atochabsh]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Nice bowling cgeorg!

#50595 - 02/25/08 12:52 PM Re: Tournament Results [Re: Atochabsh]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
congrats on fantastic bowling!!

USBC told us that the reason the averages were not on the cards any longer is that by not having this info on them allowed them to qualify for cheaper mailing rate. It started just this winter season. So those that bought their card last summer, would still have the avearges on them.

Make sure you read tournament entry forms thoroughly. Many larger tournaments like State and Nationals require you to rerate yourself if you are currently averaging over 10 pins higher then your last book average.

Erin

Well I just found the rules for our State Tournament! Looks like I'll be ok with the last years book average of 149! This will be great for handicap, granted I can even bowl up to par lol...

4. AVERAGES USE HIGHEST 2006-2007 BOOK AVERAGE OF 21 GAMES OR MORE. If no 2006-2007 average, bowler may use his/her highest 2007 certified summer average of 21 games or more. If bowler has neither of these, they may use their highest 2007-2008 certified league average of 21 games or more as of the starting date of the tournament (March 29, 2008). If the bowler has none of these three averages, an average of 220 will be assigned with no handicap being offered. BOWLERS REQUIRED TO USE 2007 SUMMER AVERAGES must have the average verified by the Local Association Manager and attached to the entry form. BOWLERS REQUIRED TO USE A MARCH 29, 2008 AVERAGE must have the average verified by the league secretary, with verification presented at the time of bowling the first event. NO OUT OF STATE AVERAGES ACCEPTED.

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#50609 - 02/25/08 03:03 PM Re: Tournament Results [Re: cgeorg]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Congrats Cgeorg I am surprised by the way you throw the ball that those aren't your normal scores. Get used to it you throw the ball well and definitely hit all the handicap tournaments you can. Especially the PA Dutchman tournament in Hershey this summer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 4 minutes 40 seconds ago
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by Dennis Michael - Today at 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - Today at 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - Today at 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.