I went this afternoon and ripped my blisters from last week wide open on the first roll. I took it back to the Pro Shop
guy and he remeasured everything. I think he put different finger grips in that are a bit larger, and he opened up the thumb hole a little more. I didn't have a problem the rest of the game. =)
Now I just need to focus on tips from you guys since I don't have to worry about blisters or a sore thumb.
Things I learned today:
- I need to be closer to the foul line before starting my swing.
- I need to start with my right foot.
- I need to get down to the lane more.
- I need to bend over more so that I can raise the ball more to produce ball speed.
Things I (think) have overcome:
- Muscling the ball. I no longer push it down the lane.
- A proper hook. The ball rolls off my fingers instead of my hand turning it over.
- A proper 4-step approach. I feel rushed, but it's way comfortable.
- 'Lofting' the ball. I kind of do this anyway seeing as how I'm not low enough on my release, but I gave it a bit more umph to pick up a spare with a hook. I looked ridiculous because I hopped a bit, but I saw how lofting works.