BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50558 - 02/25/08 08:02 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Tim Gerard]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I can't believe there's such a ruckus about "hambone" and there hasn't been any comments about the absolutely terrible hip hop song that was on the telecast this weekend. That was just embarrassing.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#50559 - 02/25/08 08:03 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Brian Longo]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I was in a tournament there yesterday. There was a guy there who seemed very into the bowling scene in the area. Also seemed like a very good bowler, though I didn't get to see him throw a shot. Might have been slightly autistic or something. Anyway, I heard him muttering hambone! a couple times.

Unfortunately, that's probably not enough to start a row on par with the one from last week.

Hmmmm...

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#50561 - 02/25/08 08:26 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: cgeorg]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Believe it. The majority just hate it. A guy on my league was cheering a fellow teamate on who was getting up to bowl. He had three strikes in the previous frames, and his teamate yelled out something about going for a hambone. The bowlers on the opposing team pretty much told him to shut the #@!% up, and not give that term any creedence.
It is pretty funny how that word,...it is just a word can touch off such lively discussions.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#50563 - 02/25/08 08:46 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Tim Gerard]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
The people who are really serious and respect the history of the game don't like it, the people that aren't serious or are just getting into it don't care. Its going to make for an interesting verbal battle here soon I think.

And yes Lefty, that hip-hop song was stupid. I was like "what the f***?!" while it was playing.

Though I did enjoy the "goes down like a keg at a frat party!" line.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#50565 - 02/25/08 08:51 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Timotheus]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I wasn't completely focused on the telecast, but I thought I heard something that sounded hip-hoppish and I was like HUH??!!! I listen to hip-hop, as well as many other genres of music, but that wasn't something I was expecting to hear on PBA show.
HS:763

#50575 - 02/25/08 10:12 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Timotheus]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Originally Posted By: Timotheus
The people who are really serious and respect the history of the game don't like it, the people that aren't serious or are just getting into it don't care. Its going to make for an interesting verbal battle here soon I think.

I've been bowling ever since I can remember, respect the history of the game and I think it's funny. I guess I'm a mold breaker. laugh

#50579 - 02/25/08 10:42 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Lefty]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I don't think I would have an issue if he came up with something that has some relevance to 4, like maybe el cuatro or quadruplet, or some reference to bowling or the history of it, like a turkey has historical ties from years ago. I don't get totally out of whack if someone uses it though, I just ignore it, including Stone and all the signs on TV.
HS:763

#50581 - 02/25/08 10:59 AM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
Nothing wrong with being a mold breaker! I like that Rob is excited about it, but I won't use it in my every day bowling lingo, nor will I berate people for using it. I'll just ignore it or go laugh about it if its a joke.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#53473 - 03/29/08 10:32 PM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: Brian Longo]
tastybrownies Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 20/M/Ohio
Let us pray that when we're watching the US Open tomorrow we don't hear any "hambone", wouldn't be great?

#53474 - 03/29/08 10:44 PM Re: You think Pete likes Stone? [Re: tastybrownies]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/New Jersey
Considering the averages from qualifying, I don't think we have to worry too much about hearing "hambone", unless one of the 4 finds a great line to the pocket. It should be a rather low scoring event.

Mark

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.