BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49322 - 02/10/08 08:15 PM Twisted Fury
Todd Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 46/Male/Severna Park Maryland
So i just invested in a twisted fury, and went to throw it, the lanes where i normally bowl were closed down so went to a place that was doing the cosmic bowling. how would the ball react to lanes with no oil as i could not get the ball to do anything???

Ebonite
Budwiser Plastic Spare Ball all 15 lbs

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#49328 - 02/10/08 10:09 PM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: Todd]
corsak Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/San Antonio, TX USA
I dont own a twisted fury but I did try a friends. His ball did not fit my hand very well but I was able to roll it. Even though I did not hit the ball right, it almost hooked right off the lane. Im not sure how you throw the ball or if you use alot of hand in your delivery, but the only way I could see a twisted fury not reacting is if the lanes were flooded even past 45 ft or you have a defective ball.
Brunswick Vapor Zone - Typical tournament ball
Rotogrip Epic Battle - Benchmark
Ebonite Maxim - Spare Ball

#49335 - 02/10/08 11:31 PM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: corsak]
Robry300 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 23 Male NJ
I just looked up the specs of this ball, judging by the cover stock hardness and finish I would say this ball would like a heavier oil pattern for best performance. You did not specify the drill pattern that was used to drill this ball or if your a high Low or med Track bowler. I'll try my best to explain this to you but always refer to your Pro Shop (unless they are dumb ass's). Lets say your a Hi Track Hi Rev bowler like me. I find house shots tend to be more on the broken down side especially where I bowl. So picking the right drill pattern for they amount of oil your going to be bowling on is key(knowing your house shot well is important). If you threw your ball and you track right next to the thumb hole like me and the ball did nothing on a dry broken down house shot pattern it's most likely because the ball is "rolling out" This means there is to much friction between the lane and ball cover stock, so the ball just wants to grab to the lane like glue. It's gonna look like it did nothing but roll out straight with a slight movement to the left but nothing compared to a correct flare (hook) on a Fresh oily surface. Chances are you had the ball drilled to aggressive for the lanes your bowling on. You have 3 options. #1 Try it on a different house shot maybe a place you know throws out more oil and see how it reacts then. #2 Get the ball completely re drilled with something in between a Length and Low back end layout or a Length and strong back end layout which ever best fits your game. #3 Try getting the ball polished as brunswick recommends and see how it reacts with the way its drilled. I just picked up a Hammer Cherry vibe and just went through all of this with my Pro Shop because I needed a ball for a dry shot(drilled #1 Length and aggressive back end). I used this ball at 3 different houses. House #1 It was to strong for the House I normally bowl at don't remember my scores but they were low. Reacted great at the 2nd house 223 187 150(I used the no mercy 3rd game just to see what would happen). The last house Tracked over the thumb hole and finger grips every time at the 3rd house Don't even ask how but I shot 210 215 and 245 haha and the ball was bouncing down the lane and at the beginning of the Flair. Well Im still considering what I should do with this Ball after 9 games. My ball bounced at the 3rd house which is right down the street from me and Was to strong for the 1st house where I normally bowl, I'm most likely going to polish the ball up and see how it reacts on the 1st house. Hope this helps.
No Mercy #1 Layout Hi Track
Cherry Vibe #2 Layout Hi Track pin 3 1/2 from pap
Dexter SST 5 LX s8 sole S7 heal.

#49336 - 02/10/08 11:35 PM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: corsak]
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: California
I have owned a Twisted Fury for about 2 months. I had mine drilled for maximum hook (layout #1).

I seem to have best results when I target between boards 5 and 10.

If you are not getting any hook out of it, you might try letting another bowler throw it a few times. Or have the Pro Shop driller or a coach watch you throw it.

I'm very happy with my Twisted Fury. I'm getting my second bowling lesson on Friday to see if I'm releasing it properly.

Brett

#49340 - 02/11/08 12:11 AM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: brettbolt]
Robry300 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 23 Male NJ
Wow. Bowling Lessons? I've Been bowling for 15 years since I was 8 years old. Started throwing a finger tipped ball when I was about 15-16. Never had a Coach. I didn't realize there would be so many newbs here. Anyway If there is anything technical you guys are unsure about ask me and try an answer it. Also try and describe your layouts more accurately. Hi and low track bowlers balls will all roll differently depending on the amount of revs being Used.
No Mercy #1 Layout Hi Track
Cherry Vibe #2 Layout Hi Track pin 3 1/2 from pap
Dexter SST 5 LX s8 sole S7 heal.

#49358 - 02/11/08 09:22 AM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: Robry300]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Robry, there is no age limit for lessons. Actually, it is a good thing to have a relationship with a coach that continues through your bowling life. You don't have to see one every week or so. But, it is a good idea to have someone who knows your game and is able to critique and correct minor problems when they pop up.

As for the Twisted Fury, A friend of mine has changed over his main balls to the entire Fury line, incl: Fury , Polished, and Twisted. Every one hooks without any problems. All are drilled in lable leverage pattern with pin under the fingers. He finds that they don't snap, but arc, and that's his game. He changes them based on oil conditions and the length he needs. He doesn't bounce, but plays a tighter inside line, and the balls work well at his 215 average. Never checked his flare.

BTW, he is 45 and we see the same coach. I'm a little older. We usually bowl on heavier oil and all of his balls work. He plays more of the middle which is the heavier concentration. His normal line is 20 to 12 and never goes passed it.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#49374 - 02/11/08 10:44 AM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: Dennis Michael]
bigwavedave Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 33/M/Seattle
todd

I have a twisted and love it. Cosmic bowling is tough because its hard to judge if there is or isn't oil. Most likely you were fighting tremendous carry down as house balls do nothing, but spread the oil around. The twisted is a great ball and should be pretty angular. I had to polish mine to keep it on the lane on a house shot that is pretty dry. OOB condition it should hook pretty well. I have used it on Scorpion and threw 9 out of 12 strikes. check out brunswick's site for some video of the ball against the blast zone and the new ultra zone.

#49380 - 02/11/08 01:16 PM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
League Bowler

Thanks for all your feedback. I am going to give it a shot Wednesday night on my home lanes and see what happens.

I had it drilled very aggresivly (i am new to the termanlogiy but my fingers are just above the yellow pin) I do not throw very hard, normally 15 or so.

You have all been very helpfuly and I will post Thursday morning and tell you what i discover.

Ebonite

#49665 - 02/14/08 11:04 AM Re: Twisted Fury [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
League Bowler

Well I rolled the ball last night for the first time in leauge conditions, medium oil i think...I was pretty happy with my scores, 211,203 and 234, I made a few adjustments on where i am starting from, and the ball seems to do very well, even missed the pocket a couple times and still got a strike. Only left 2 ten pins all night which is nice.....Overall am satisfied and very interested in seeing how the ball does on heavy oil at Nationals in March.

thanks all

Ebonite

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 11/19/17 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.