BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 74 of 137 < 1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 136 137 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48928 - 02/04/08 09:56 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues ***** [Re: cgeorg]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
Not sure. It reacted like the normal house pattern there and I was standing at and throwing at the same spots I normally do (once I got my release back), but it seemed shorter. It also seemed like it was much wetter outside the 10 board than normal. I don't know what pattern it would've been though, I've yet to be able to actually bowl on a sport/PBA pattern but I'm looking to join a league for one next season.

I was watching the oil machine when I first got there and the pattern looked to be about 35-40 feet in length.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#48930 - 02/04/08 10:14 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Timotheus]
Odyssey912 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 32/F/Pittsburgh,PA
Congrats on the 635 Calvin - good going :-)

Eraser - WHOOO HOOO, Awesome 673. I am so excited for you. :-)

Lance - that is great for your 1st time out :-)

Ample - not too bad for a new ball. You'll get your groove. :-)

#48932 - 02/04/08 11:28 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Odyssey912]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Why thank you Melissa,
It was alot of fun. I just got lined up, and repeated shots....It sounds so easy, but we all know its not as easy as it sounds. I just need to do it consistantly week to week. I expect too now that my coach pointed out a couple of things, I'll know where to start when I get out of whack again.

Edited by Eraser (02/04/08 11:29 AM)

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#48942 - 02/04/08 04:48 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Tim Gerard]
pbateson Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Everett, WA, USA
171-122-117

1st game: I got hambone after 8- in 1st frame. I didnt bowl well the rest because I threw into gutter after 2 strikes.

2nd games: I didnt bowl well and threw into gutter. I got weak power after 1st game. I ate french fries it made me weak in the game.

3rd games: Again not good bowl that I threw 3 gutters. I ran out of power and keep drank pepsi to strength my power back. It didn't work. I saved a strike in 10th frame to avoid worst low game like 87 or 72.

I was using hammer ball and switch to my rhino pro ball on next week.

Maybe I will stop eating french fires and will eat soap to make good strength.

Total:- 410

#48946 - 02/04/08 05:14 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: pbateson]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Thanks Melissa, I'll be going shortly to try to match it tonight.

Good going on the first night out Lance.
HS:763

#48962 - 02/04/08 09:25 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
saabbowler Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 30/Male/St. Louis, MO
Unh...a forgettable Friday. The stars were definately aligned against me. First off, I discover that my team is on lane 30, which means we have the wall on the right. This really bugs me. I do decent in practice, but when the rest of the team shows, they're heavy on the E-Z Slide, and I don't know it. This gets transferred to the approach. Now, I'm a plant style bowler, so you can imagine what happens on my first ball. Yup, it flies to the gutter, and down I go. I rosin up my shoes, but the damage is done. I'm hesitant on the approach for the rest of the game, resulting in a 157. Second game, I mount a comeback, rolling a 199. I feel that I'm hitting my groove, and it all goes wrong. Suddenly, it's strikes or opens, I can't convert a spare to save my life. Then, in the 7th, I leave a 4-7-10. I get the 4-7. Next frame, SAME THING!! And same result. Then, to add insult to injury, in the 10th, I leave an 8-10 on a really good ball. Last game, 146, for a dismal 502 series, and a 167 average. And we lose 5 of 7.

Oh, and a bit of irony, bowling Saturday with a friend, I pick the 4-7-10 split.

The Arsenal:

Ball 1: 14# Brunswick Vapor Zone (Medium Oil)
Ball 2: 14# Track 714C (Heavy Oil/Long Oil)
Ball 3: 14# Brunswick Avalanche Slide (Dry)
Ball 4: 14# Columbia White Dot (Spare)

HGS: 258
HSS: 695

#48969 - 02/04/08 10:26 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: saabbowler]
Lance Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 21/m/virginia
Thanks guys, I'm hoping I can adjust better next week and keep the scores up.

#48970 - 02/04/08 10:30 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: saabbowler]
slimmy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/M/FL
Well tonight was a learning experience. My teammates from Thursday night asked me to sub for one of them in their Monday night PBA Experience league.

The pattern tonight was the Shark, which I guess is supposed to be 44 feet long.

It was quite an interesting shot, with it being really dry on the backends. Anything outside of 10 stayed there, and anything inside of 12 or so went left.

I struggled through the first game, not really sure how to attack it, given that I throw the ball pretty hard, managed a measly 153.

In the 2nd game, I found a line throwing across 15 out to about 8-10, and my Paradigm was snapping back when it hit the break point. Threw 6 or 7 strikes, but missed two costly spares in the 9th and 10th to miss a 200 game, and shoot 187.

3rd game I couldn't stay on the line and kept tugging the ball. Eventually tried to play up the right side, but that didn't work either, so moved back inside and finished with a bad 135 game to shoot 475 for the night. Kinda funny to go from my career high 672 on a typical house shot last week to a 475 on a sport shot.

All in all, it was a different style for me and it was fun. I definitely need to get more consistent with my armswing and my aim, cuz it's vital in that type of pattern.

I also learned that I only have a single ball in my arsenal for heavy oil, my Paradigm. My pyro was only useful as a spare ball for the right side. I was planning to get another aggressive ball before Nationals, so hopefully that will help.

Not sure if I'll sub too much again, but I'd like to, would be good practice for Nationals I think.

AVG: 193

Season Goals
HG: 250
HS: 700
AVG: 185

#48973 - 02/04/08 10:45 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: saabbowler]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I can feel your pain Saabbowler. Once I have a bad spill on the approach I get tentative about my approach and it takes me some time to get past it, whether it was sliding too much or sticking. Luckily I didn't have either problem tonight. I had the wrong heel on in practice, a new one that I haven't wore in yet so had a few issues the first couple shots. It was on the shoe because I just cut it down and I wanted to make sure it was good. I changed it and went back to bowling the way I can.

I start out only being able to strike on the left lane through the first half of the game, but making spares on right, until the fifth frame when I completely missed the pocket right, still not sure what it was since I wasn't swinging the ball. I was playing up 7 with a nice arc to the pocket. I left the 1-2-4-7 and on the spare attempt send everything around the 4, not getting the ball to go down the line like I wanted to. Only open that game, actually all the way up to the second frame the the last game. I roll a 213 the first game. While I stayed clean the second game I only doubled once, but was 8 and 9 counts with spares, for a 203.
The last game was a 172 with three opens. A ten pin that I think I drifted left and correct by tossing it at more of an angle and into the gutter, a 4-6-7 split of which I hit the 4-7 and a 9 pin that I think I just got lazy on and didn't align my body right. I probably should have changed my ball from my Purple Ogre to the Radical Inferno earlier in the third game, rather than wait to the fifth frame. Its not something I am used to doing since Saturdays I rarely have to move much less change balls since most bowlers are throwing straight and on this league almost everyone hooks and most paths start to cross at around 30 or so feet down the lane, thats if people are playing that big of a different line. Most of the time half the people on a set are playing withing a couple of boards of each other and really changing the lanes. I rolled a 588 on the night, which is my best for that league of only 5 sets. It should bring my average up from a 181 to a 184 or so. Lets see if I can bring this tomorrow to the house I have more problems with. We took 5 of 7 points. Losing the last game by 5, while blowing them out the first game where our lowest scorer was only two lower than their highest. Our second game was close and we just won it and we took total.
HS:763

#48977 - 02/05/08 03:17 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
kagekikr Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34/M/Michigan
Though I have been bowling ok on Monday nights this season, the last month I have really started to heat up, shooting 20,21,22, and 23 strikes in each of the last four weeks. Last night was my high series of the fall/winter season, with 23 strikes, no open frames for a 720 series. What makes me feel even better is that I was high series in the league last night, and there are a TONof great bowlers in the league including Mika Koivuniemi who managed a 660 something last night. Although we didn't bowl on the same pair, I am still pretty happy about last nights performance. Unfortuantely, the team didn't fair so well...

Edited by kagekikr (02/05/08 03:18 AM)
Elite Blue Alien
Brunswick Scorchin' Inferno
Brunswick Inferno
Brunswick Plastic "Spare" Ball

Page 74 of 137 < 1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 136 137 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 05/23/18 08:42 PM
no one on for 5 days
by 82Boat69 - 05/23/18 04:38 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/23/18 11:12 AM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/18 06:43 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 04/29/18 10:29 PM
Superstitions?
by Dennis Michael - 04/26/18 06:09 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.