BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47078 - 01/06/08 01:03 PM KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!!
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Did anyone see that sign in the beginning of the show!?

PRICELESS!!!

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#47081 - 01/06/08 03:01 PM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: GunsTariq]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
We are being force fed the hambone I'm afraid. Have not seen the whole telecast, but the little I did see had quite a few ham bone references.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#47082 - 01/06/08 03:02 PM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: GunsTariq]
pinbuster2 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 39/f/va
yep,i saw it!rob didnt say it that much today,maybe he is getting the point!

#47088 - 01/06/08 06:30 PM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: pinbuster2]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Didn't get to see the telecast. I ha to work, and what should have been a short day, three hours of work maybe, turned into an eight or hour affair due to some issues. Now if he is cutting back on the hambone, good.
HS:763

#47089 - 01/06/08 07:04 PM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
bluesman_vt_2002 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 40/M/VT
He was ok, a little more Hambone that I would have liked, but anything over one... Still don't care for the guy, but I have to admit I like his "drop and give me ten." That one is ok, but like everything, only in moderation.

Now my wife, a complete bowling novice (despite living with me and having gone to Mohegan Sun last year for two days for the event there) asked what the term for 5 in a row was... Dear Lord.

He keeps taking shots at Randy Pederson's weight and it might be Celebrity Death Match.
Storm Hy-Road | Ebonite Mission | Ebonite Complete NV | Plastic

#47094 - 01/06/08 09:51 PM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: bluesman_vt_2002]
silvercoachinhouston Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: 19/M/Houston, Texas
It seems as if Randy has accepted it though!

Randy: "That's a turkey, you know what that means..."

Rob: "The Hambone is in the oven!"

Grr, I hope Randy was just messing with him!

All 15#
Paradime - Storm
Fuze - Brunswick
Fired Up - Storm
Scout Reactive - Columbia
Stinger Low Flare - Ebonite
Blue Dot - Columbia

Spare no Opportunity to be your best!(c)

www.sparenoopportunity.com

"No man ever became great or good
except through many and great mistakes."
-- W.E. Gladstone

#47110 - 01/07/08 09:33 AM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: silvercoachinhouston]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Randy actually called one of the 4 baggers a hambone...

Also, there was a point where they were talking about going up the back of the ball vs. getting around the side of it, and Stone made a smart, knowledgeable comment - Randy even said something about how he was picking up on this really quick.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#47133 - 01/07/08 11:58 AM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: cgeorg]
tweety/ Mr. Tweety Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: Ca, Oakhurst
I was there and the person was told NOT to hold the sign but since they didnt take it away he was able to show it. Second: Rob like the nickname Hambone for himself and third: Im not sure if it will stick for the four bagger or Rob having a nick-name. And it was unbelievable being there live and Rob and Randy both are very cool in person. more later..... on my experince to sum it up It was totally AWESOME

Husband of Tweety
Infinite One 15#
Zone 15# Columbia epx1 15# Broncos viz a ball

#47140 - 01/07/08 12:40 PM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: tweety/ Mr. Tweety]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
I figure a small change shouldn't really hurt... Maybe having him as an announcer might help bowling as a sport. It could bring in more sponsors, or take them away lol. A crap shoot none the less, but maybe in this case it's a seven or eleven! Kind of the way "Happy Gilmore" added to the golf scene in the movie.

Edited by AmpleSound (01/07/08 12:41 PM)
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

#47143 - 01/07/08 12:52 PM Re: KEEP THE HAMBONE IN THE KITCHEN!!! [Re: AmpleSound]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
I don't really mind the hambone stuff. Its a little funny hearing it since I'm so used to the more traditional terms, but Rob does bring a personality and excitement to his broadcasts, and you can tell its genuine. He may not have any real prior knowledge about the game but he's picking it up quickly and really seems to be enjoying it. Who knows maybe sometime soon more people will catch on to bowling as a competative sport instead of just a recreational activity like a rock-n-bowl or extreme bowling.
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.