BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46858 - 01/01/08 02:09 PM Tear Me Up
PIMPIN Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 19/M/Cobleskill NY
ok guys this is me bowling with a newly drilled storm fired up. let me have it i wanna hear everything dont hold anything back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Op3CrbwTmKU

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#46870 - 01/01/08 10:36 PM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: PIMPIN]
Worm27 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/WA
One thing that I noticed right away was in your follow through. You seem to short arm the follow through. Like your elbow bends and your forearm follows through, but you do not lift your whole arm through your shot. Other than that, you look smooth to me. I am by no means a coach, but that is the first thing I noticed.

I also notice that your backfoot is in the air. I have heard that the back foot should be driven backward and down into the lane so that it balances out your body and the force of your body moving forward and the ball coming forward. This helps you stay balanced and also allows you to deliver more force into your stroke. You seem to have a high backswing so this is something I would assume you are looking for. I also think it will help keep your body more upright at the line as you seem to bend over a tad. By keeping that leg down it will keep you a bit more upright with your shoulders being square to the line.
(Of course, you may have to get that front left leg bent more for this to happen.) This also might be why you are short arming your follow through. If you have a longer follow through you might fall over with that leg dangling in the air and that left leg almost straight. Like I said, "I am not a coach." I just thought I would take a look and offer some feedback since no one else has yet.

Goodluck,
Worm
16 lb Brunswick Avalanche Solid

#46871 - 01/02/08 12:21 AM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: Worm27]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Pimpin, that's a pretty high backswing from your starting position. Are you pulling your arm up? Because, your arm control pulls you through the rest of the swing to the point that you are off balance on release. You see this when you step off to the right. Let the ball drop on it's own and don't force it.

I never saw a 1-5-10 picked up. Course, I can't remember ever leaving one either.

The other thing I saw was that you seem to be really stiff. Relax. Bend at the knees and lower your body at the hips. Your forward lean causes some of the high backswing. As you lean forward your arm goes up. This will help your balance also.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#46877 - 01/02/08 07:56 AM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: Dennis Michael]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
I agree with Dennis in that it looks like you're pulling the ball up your backswing. As to you not following through, I think that's because you bend at the waist at the foul line. Your chest is pointing down at the foul line instead of at the pins. It's almost impossible to follow through like that. It's also very difficult to deliver the ball properly when you get in that position as well. Your shoulders really shouldn't be out in front of your knee.

You're going to have to develop a knee bend and work on lowering your body and not bending over at the waist. That way you can keep your upper body pointed in the direct you want the ball to go. Right now you have to fight not throwing the ball into the lane, because that's where your body is pointing.

#46880 - 01/02/08 09:57 AM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: Lefty]
PIMPIN Offline
Bantam

Thanks guys for some feedback more will be appreciated. I dont force the ball that high it just a natural swing well at least i think. I know about the leanin forward at the line been workin on it for sometime, hard to get over. Oh and yeah "Dennis Michael" and you can see with that 1-5-10 i was way off balance my foot stuck and missed my mark but oh well i picked it up the first time i ever did that lol. but thank you and please laeave more commments.

#46883 - 01/02/08 10:09 AM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: PIMPIN]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Watched it again. Your high armswing is forcing you to lean over. Cut that down and you will be more erect. If you just stand, you cannot reach that high in the back without leaning forward. You can see what I mean. So, if you are working on that, cut your backswing down and it will work.

Also, you do cut your arm extension on release. Only our forearm moves forward from the elbow. A practice is to have someone hold a broom handle out in front of you, and at your release, reach for it. Your arm should move forward from the shoulder, not your elbow.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#46887 - 01/02/08 10:38 AM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: Dennis Michael]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I have to say, your swing looks fine to me. Yes, your back swing is very high, but it looks unforced (to me). I think that if you tried to lower your back swing, that would be introducing muscle into a free swing, which is not a good thing, The lean, especially at the line, is the biggest problem I see. I suffer from the same problem from time to time (ok, all the time), and the only way for me to stop it is to think "Upright" from the first step of my approach. This may cause your back swing to be lower, simply due to shoulder flexibility, but at least it will not be lower due to muscle. You will find that you are able to stay behind/under the ball a little bit longer, and your ball will have much more power left when it gets to the pins.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#46895 - 01/02/08 11:05 AM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: cgeorg]
Timotheus Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 25/M/Syracuse, NY
I can't watch the video since part of the internet use code here at work says that watching streaming video is "not recommended" but from the sound of the descriptions you have the same problem bending at the waist and sort of "short arming" your follow through that my Dad does. Best fix is more bend in your sliding leg to get a lower profile at release. Just the lower profile will take away the overly high backswing, the bend at the waist and the short arm follow through and also allow you to stay behind the ball better for greater driving power at the pins.

Just from my mental picture of it, you probably leave a lot of 10 pins?
16lb Roto-Grip Neptune (light and dry)

High game: 300
High series: 779

#46921 - 01/02/08 02:21 PM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: Timotheus]
PIMPIN Offline
Bantam

i do notice that if i really focus on staying behind the ball i am more balanced at the line. This may be because of me bending my slide leg. This is great exactly what i wanted you guy to do to my video. When i really focus on staying behind the ball i realize that i make alot nicer, pure shots. The ball definitely hits the pocket alot harder to when i stay behind it.

#46945 - 01/03/08 08:39 AM Re: Tear Me Up [Re: PIMPIN]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
You do pull the ball up your backswing and in fact you look like you control your swing from push away to release. I know you don't feel like you do, but 90% of the people who do it don't feel like they do it either.

When you set up, try supporting 100% the weight of the ball in your left hand. Then you should completely relax you right hand/arm/shoulder. So much so that when you remove you left hand, the ball will drop like a rock. Then use your left hand to get the ball in motion. When you remove your left hand, the ball and arm will swing on it's own. Now concentrate on not using your arm or shoulder muscled at all for the rest of the swing.

You'll see that there's a drastic difference between this and what you were doing and you'll see how much you were "helping" it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01/12/21 05:35 PM
We encountered a problem. error
by BOSStull - 01/10/21 02:56 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.