BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46576 - 12/22/07 05:25 PM this is me bowling, can anyone help????
bowlingguy32693 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 14/m/pennsylvania
hey everybody i am new to this site, and bowling. now that i am learning to bowl better i love bowl, if i could i would bowl everyday. anyway i know i need some help and i found this site. could someone please help me???? here are my vids

back view: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8LLJjxq2cdo
side view: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xDO5NYVnNLw

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#46581 - 12/22/07 09:50 PM Re: this is me bowling, can anyone help???? [Re: bowlingguy32693]
silvercoachinhouston Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: 19/M/Houston, Texas
First off, welcome!

Second, for the side view, could you post a shot where the camera is at the foul line recording your "ball side?" That would allow us to see your timeing, eyes, shoulders, etc. better.

Third, it appears that you control the ball a lot in your swing. Your body should "walk around the ball," your ball should not "swing aroung your body." You seem to focus a lot of energy walking straight up to the line with minimal movement. Relax a little, and if your body moves some, that can be a good thing! Look up some of the pros on youtube, they have a lot of movement, and a free loose armswing. Push the ball out and allow it to control what happens. Let the ball pull your arm around, not the other way.

Do this, and post another video, we are looking forward to how you improve! Again, welcome to the site!

(You have a lot of positives, a steady head, good follow through, etc. Stick with it!)

All 15#
Paradime - Storm
Fuze - Brunswick
Fired Up - Storm
Scout Reactive - Columbia
Stinger Low Flare - Ebonite
Blue Dot - Columbia

Spare no Opportunity to be your best!(c)

www.sparenoopportunity.com

"No man ever became great or good
except through many and great mistakes."
-- W.E. Gladstone

#46811 - 12/30/07 06:43 PM Re: this is me bowling, can anyone help???? [Re: silvercoachinhouston]
bowlingguy32693 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 14/m/pennsylvania
here is me from the front and ball side http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilvLjq3qG-E

and my dad was bowling with us and asked me if i could put his viedeo on here http://youtube.com/watch?v=VjABSngv4ds

#46835 - 12/31/07 06:30 PM Re: this is me bowling, can anyone help???? [Re: bowlingguy32693]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
bowlingguy....good start. You have a nice even cadence and your arm swing from this angle appears to be real straight. YOu also have the start of a good trail leg. What I would suggest is that you hold that finish position longer and get down into that position and stay there. Do not pop up. Stay there until the ball had gone off the end of the pin deck. Your follow through I'd like to see a bit straighter and stronger. You are cutting it a bit short by bending your elbow a bit early. Extend the follow through.

Erin

#46837 - 12/31/07 06:43 PM Re: this is me bowling, can anyone help???? [Re: Atochabsh]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
bowlingguy's dad....better trail leg!! Good job. Again it appears to me that you do not hold your finish position quite long enough, though its better. And the same follow through issue.

Erin

#46852 - 01/01/08 12:53 PM Re: this is me bowling, can anyone help???? [Re: Atochabsh]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
Bowlingguy, nice beginning. Your balance seems to be pretty good. Your timing seems to be okay. Your release is a bit weak. Hard to see from the video. Looks like your wrist isn't firm. Also looks like you don't stay under the ball. Weak follow through. Walter Ray plays that line using a firm wrist and a very powerful ball. He stays under and behind the ball. He doesn't use a lot of rotation of the wrists.

Practice keeping your wrist firm and behind the ball. You should feel the ball roll off of your fingers. Reach more on your follow through. And like Erin said, hold the finish position longer.

Dad looks good on that one shot. Does he look that good on all of his shots? Way outside line though. Were the lanes flooded or does he play out there all of the time? Not an issue, but if the lanes were normal, medium oiled lanes, then what does he do when the lanes are oily? Can't move much more right than he is now. Does he have any issues with oily lanes? What are his weak areas?

Edited by Smooth Stroker (01/01/08 12:54 PM)

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.