BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46842 - 01/01/08 01:33 AM A reaction video...
Logan Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 16/Male/California
I was just wondering how this reaction looks. My style is tweaked from a while ago, so the ball is rolling different.

Just wanted some opinions on how it is rolling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU7MtDCd_ek
Columbia Blue Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#46850 - 01/01/08 09:45 AM Re: A reaction video... [Re: Logan]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
The first and last were good, but the ones in between were not so great. Watch where the ball rolls off the back of the pin deck. On the first and last, it's behind the 5 pin. On the other ones, it's behind the 9 pin.

On those the ball turns late, doesn't have a good entry angle and is a little light in the pocket. When you're getting lined up, you want the ball to hit like the first and the last, not the ones in between. It's shots like that, even if you are more flush in the pocket, where you're going to get tapped.

#46851 - 01/01/08 12:36 PM Re: A reaction video... [Re: Lefty]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
The reaction is the end result of good foundation, good fundamentals. It is kind of hard to judge the result without seeing the rest of the shot. But if all you want is a ball reaction judgement, then I will add my two cents. The ball looks weak entering the pocket. All of the pins are falling down, but I would like to see what the rest of your shots look like, not just the strikes. What happens on the rest of the shots? Are all of your shots in the pocket or do you commonly leave a lot of left side pins? Do you leave a lot of weak ten pins? The way your ball was entering the pocket, I would suspect a lot of weak ten pins. The axis rotation looked weak. Like you come around the ball too much or maybe not in the dry part of the lane enough.

When I am bowling well, I don't leave a lot of ten pins at all. If I have a ton of ten pins, then I know my ball is rolling out upon entering the pocket. Watch your ball as it rolls off of the pin deck. When the ball deflects to the right and goes off the pin deck heading to the right, you know the ball deflected a lot.

As long as all the pins leave the deck, I wouldn't worry about it. When you start leaving pins, then you worry about it. Watch what pins you leave and how your ball acts as it comes in contact with the pins. Watch the 6 pin and see what it does. Watch your ball and see how it loses axis rotation. Does it drive through the pins or does it die and the pins trickle down?

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#46856 - 01/01/08 01:57 PM Re: A reaction video... [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Logan Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 16/Male/California
I understand what you guys are saying, for some reason that ball did kind of do the slight rollout.

I want to get my Roto Grip ball video, because that works great for me.

Do you personally think, well just from that video, that the revolutions or whatever you want to call it, is not too forward rolling or not enough rotation? That probably doesn't make sense, I dont know how else to put it. wink

Happy New Year!
Columbia Blue Dot

#47943 - 01/17/08 07:23 PM Re: A reaction video... [Re: Logan]
ChvyKc Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 24/M/SC
The ball seems to roll fine. It does look like on the shots that you were a little light that you were just off your mark a little or maybe not lined up on the approach just right. Definitely watch that because, like Lefty said, you will get tapped.
Brunswick Copper Attack Zone (Medum-Dry)
AMF Boogie Ball (Spare)
*Slowly replacing my old equipment*

HG:286
HS:751

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/21/19 07:26 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.