BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4661 - 07/25/01 10:20 AM Bowling Etiquette Poll
jbl519 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Female/New Orleans, Louisiana
I'm taking a poll for my bowling Newsletter concerning how long a 5 person, mixed league team should take to bowl 3 games. This is a weekday league that starts practice at 6:20 p.m. and league bowling at 6:30 p.m. The league averages range from 106 to 220. Assuming there are no lane problems, what time do you think the average team should be finished bowling?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#4662 - 07/25/01 10:39 AM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
pinqueen2000 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Johnson City TN
Well in my center it's usually 1 hr 45 min to 2 hours. Keep in mind that this is also a time to visit and get away from the kids so even if you are a serious bowler,(which I am), my bowling nights are for fun too!!!!!
Good luck and good bowling....Lyn

#4663 - 07/25/01 01:54 PM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
Rocket to the Pocket Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Some bowling center in Vermont
Generally, figure 10 minutes per bowler per game. Add a minute or two if there are lower average bowlers (more spare shooting = more balls thrown = more time taken). At 10 minutes per bowler per game, a 5 person team should be done in 150 minutes (2 and a half hours). At 11 minutes per bowler per game, it would be 2 hours and 45 minutes.

CCBA Director and Yankee Lanes Center League Sec'y

Not your average everyday bowler (that's for sure)

#4664 - 07/26/01 09:08 AM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
bowl4life Offline
League Bowler

I would say a good 2 1/2 hours for a 5 man team. In my center we have 4 man teams and it takes them 2- 21/2 hours on a normal league night, with no problems. The sociolization factor has to come into play as well. Some teams bowl faster than others, depending on their focus. We space our leagues starting at 6:30pm and the late league at 9:30pm.

#4665 - 07/29/01 01:15 PM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
IronMaiden756 Offline

A/S/L: 52/F/Righty/Metro Detroit USBC
Quote:
quote:

My league sets the record for SLOW. Practice is at 6:15 pm, and we roll for score at 6:30 pm. The President's team takes FOREVER, and they're generally not done bowling until 10 to 10:15 pm. Can you imagine almost FOUR hours??

I wonder what will happen this season. The President was not re-elected, and the team didn't pay their sponsor fee to come back. I still have open spots on the league (darn it) so if they show up they may be able to bowl again :\

Lisa

#4666 - 07/29/01 05:03 PM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
George Freeman Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Florida
My goodness.....4 HOURS?!?! That beats anything we have here. LOL

One of the problems we have here in our leagues is that people seem to feel they deserve 2, 3, or even 4 lane courtesy, and having people standing around waiting to bowl can slow the league down. Unless there is a rule in the bylaws for lane courtesy the rule of thumb is 1 lane, and that's all I give and all I expect. The only time I give more is in a PBA tournament, and that is only because the rules dictate it.

But to answer the question the topic asks, we usually take about 2 and a half hours, because there are leagues coming on the floor at 9pm that they need to make room for. Barring any lane breakdowns it works out fairly well.
laugh

#4667 - 08/03/01 11:07 PM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
Sheldon Offline

A/S/L: Grumpy Old Man / Northwest VT
Assuming as stated no breakdowns and that you
are bowling in a center with good equipment; it should take 2 hours and 15 minutes for a five person team to complete three games. We have five person teams bowl at our center in that time frame several different evenings each week. If the people sho are bowling are ready and anticipating their turn it is easy
to bowl and finish on time!

#4668 - 08/04/01 12:22 AM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
thehopeless_1 Offline
Junior Coach

I would say that it would probably go from 2 all the way to about 3 hours depending on how good the team is that is bowling.

#4669 - 08/06/01 03:39 AM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
hirollers42 Offline
Bumper Bowler

I think 2-21/2 hours is plenty of time for a 5 person team to complete 3 games.Sometimes you get people who just want to drink beer and play cards all night instead of bowl.I sometimes wish they didn't sell beer at bowling ally's.At the house I bowl at they don't let you play cards anymore because it constitutes gambling.I don't have anything against drinking,but there's a place for it and doesn't belong in a bowling ally,And I only say that because I was bowling with some friends at a local ally one night and there were some other people there that weren't even bowling,but were drinking to beat the band and causing trouble and needless to say started trouble with us and we all got kicked out and I have'nt been back since.I'm sorry for such a long post, but people who go there to just drink cause the game to last forever. mad

#4670 - 01/09/02 10:27 AM Re: Bowling Etiquette Poll
USAF Bowler Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 36/M/USAF
As Coincidental as it seems, I bowl on a 5 man league that starts at 1800 (6 pm) and starts scoring at 1810 (6:10 pm). Normally on a good night, we finish close to 2100 (9 pm). If there are breakdowns add another 20 to 30 minutes. Also, we are not allowed to smoke in any military facility, so we have to go outside to the smoking area to get our fix. In a nutshell, I'd say 3 hours to 3 1/2 hours for the night. Hope this helps.

Good Luck and Good Scoring!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Unimportant Wood Lane Advice
by 82Boat69 - 03/01/20 02:06 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 02/29/20 01:54 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.