BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45960 - 12/07/07 03:30 PM Is your bowling ball warranty void?
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: California
All 3 of mine are because of the Pro Shop's where they were drilled.

I learned this because I read the warranty terms and conditions after my ball cracked. (The cracking itself was probably my fault, but drilling too close to the pin wasn't. The pro shops chose where to place the holes and didn't show me the exact hole locations in advance for my approval).

Many of you probably already know this, but as a newbie I didn't. Brunswick's warranty is void if any hole is within 1" of the pin. My AMF Orbit is 3/4" pin to nearest hole. Both my Radical Inferno (which cracked) and my BVP Mammoth are 1/4" pin to hole.

Most of us here probably agree that 1" pin to hole is probably way more than necessary to avoid cracking, so maybe Brunswick just uses this restriction to dodge out of their warranty responsibility.

I don't know, maybe the Pro Shop that drilled the ball eats the cost when a returned ball is disqualified from warranty because of their drilling too close to the pin?

I suspect that cracked balls are uncommon, so maybe the Pro Shop is willing to drill close to the pin because the risk of cracking within 1 year is low?

In the future, I plan to:
1) Be aware of the warranty and the drilling limitations it imposes.
2) Make sure the Pro Shop knows the warranty drilling restrictions.
3) Save the receipt.
4) Never rinse a warm bowling ball in cold water again.
5) Never buy a used ball without the original receipt (unless its over a year old).
6) Never keep the ball in the car when its real hot or cold outside.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#45963 - 12/07/07 04:21 PM Re: Is your bowling ball warranty void? [Re: brettbolt]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
You need to stop obsessing over this. Even if a finger hole is drilled close to the pin and it cracks, the Pro Shop is going to take care of you. I've had a ball do exactly that and the Pro Shop took it back and got credit from the manufacturer.

#45965 - 12/07/07 04:24 PM Re: Is your bowling ball warranty void? [Re: Lefty]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Just buy your balls from the Pro Shop and your be safe. There back there work up and if its cracks there replace it. Buying ball online you have no guarntee except returning it to the manufacturer .

BowlSk: Stats

#45966 - 12/07/07 04:24 PM Re: Is your bowling ball warranty void? [Re: Lefty]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I don't know of any ball warranty that is transferrable to a second owner.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#45967 - 12/07/07 04:29 PM Re: Is your bowling ball warranty void? [Re: Lefty]
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

Originally Posted By: Lefty
You need to stop obsessing over this. Even if a finger hole is drilled close to the pin and it cracks, the pro shop is going to take care of you. I've had a ball do exactly that and the proshop took it back and got credit from the manufacturer.

You call it obsessing, but I just don't like to make the same mistake more than once.

How do you know if all pro shops everywhere have this policy?

What if they go out of business? Given the fact that my local Pro Shop recently closed their online store, and the center itself is hurting for business, its not unlikely. If that happens I'll have to deal with the manufacturer and hope that they overlook the pin to hole distance.

But this whole scenario is unlikely since I probably won't be bowling for a while. I will soon be having reconstructive hand surgery.

#45970 - 12/07/07 04:38 PM Re: Is your bowling ball warranty void? [Re: Dennis Michael]
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
I don't know of any ball warranty that is transferrable to a second owner.

The one that cracked was used -- its a lost cause, soon to occupy space in a landfill.

I purchased the other 2 new at nearby Pro Shops (different ones) about 6 months ago. I hope they don't go out of business before the warranty is over.

#46065 - 12/10/07 06:50 AM Re: Is your bowling ball warranty void? [Re: brettbolt]
pipes Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Michigan USA
There not all lost causes some folks like myself saw them up and make INK PENS from them if there a nice color or colors :O)

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:55 PM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.