BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 37 of 137 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 136 137 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45793 - 12/04/07 04:56 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues ***** [Re: cgeorg]
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: California
Originally Posted By: cgeorg
Thanks for fixing uploads smile

Here's that average graphic I tried to post a while back.. I'm proud of it.

Nice improvement. Do you think it was from practicing more or a change in technique?

Also, what program did you use to create it? I'd like to make one also.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#45794 - 12/04/07 05:09 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: cgeorg]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I know there are a lot of tournaments that have the dress codes, and if you bowl a lot of tournaments then wearing what you have to wear there when doing to league would be beneficial. Yesterday was the first time I've actually any such rules in a league. I've heard about it but never witnessed it. It was just surprising because one guy I know that bowls in the league I just couldn't imagine him bowling in a league that had that rule. Like I said before I can bowl in pants, I've done it, like my painters pants I wear for work when I don't have time to get home and take a shower or even be able to change clothes. My one teammate and I on my Tuesday league have thought about trying to get the team to get matching bowling shirts.
HS:763

#45805 - 12/04/07 10:41 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Silent Mike Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/Poconos PA
I think my Tuesday night issues are nearing an end. I didn't practice at all since my league on Friday night. I just went in and did what I know. Maybe the cold weather is effecting the oil but the shot holds up better but it can also be an illusion because I have added some loft to my shot and it delays the back end reaction some.

First game was a solid 268. Didn't really have any weak attempts just a pair of 10 pins I covered.

2nd Game was a 206. I started out with split, split. My team mate told me to move my feet 5 and the target 5 boards (I had been targeting the 5 board). This isn't my normal adjustment it's more like 2 to 1. Anyways it got me back on track.

Game 3 was a 226. If I could have struck out I'd have won by ONE pin. My plan was good the end result wasn't. I covered it and moved a little right and there was a 10 pin and it cost me a 700 series by THAT pin lol

I ended up splitting points 2-2. This makes 2 weeks where I havent lost, last week I swept. My average is now at 200 and on the rise. Confidence is rising and everything is just making sense. I'm still VERY disappointed I didn't fix this sooner but better late than never. My head to head record is still dismal but I think I can turn that around but more importantly I can give my teams a bunch more pins than I have been. Finally a good night of bowling and some decent sleep on a Tuesday night.
Storm - Natural

#45806 - 12/04/07 10:51 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Well tonight was an up and down type of night. I started out giving a spare clinic for my first five frames. Unfortunately, it wasn't from making good shots. My first ball was in the pocket for a 7 pin leave that was almost a 7-10, the ball got way outside and broke late. I then throw a crossover strike, crossover again leaving a 5 pin, go light leaving 2-4-5-7-8 and light again for a leave I can't remember, which I covered them all. I then throw the ball straight down the middle which hooks on the back end never touching the head pin and leaving the 1-3 that I chopped. I then remember how to bowl and throw a four bagger, just to fall back into the mistakes I was making earlier crossing over leaving the 5-10 on the second ball of which I missed both. I finished with a 206. The second game I was throwing the ball pretty well, had a few brain [censored] mainly on spare attempts, such as the 10 pin or 3-6. Those were combinations of not lining up right, bad targeting, almost running to the line and then pulling the ball down to try to catch up to my feet, which caused me to miss wide left. Doubled in the tenth and got 8 on the fill ball for a 201. Third game I just made some mistakes earlier again. Leaving the 3-6 again and then completely missing it, I would have made the 4-7, as I threw it straight down the left side. After a few frames of a few reaction issues I get myself adjusted and start getting in the pocket. Then the right lane starts to hook a bit more leaving me the 3-4-7-9-10 split on a tight line, of which I went for count and shot at the 3-9-10 and got. The next time on that lane I tried to adjust and left the 3-6-9-10 which I left the 10 of. I had been throwing straight at it and would normally leave the 9, so I tried to hook it some and left the 10 since it drove in high on the 3. I spare in the ninth and double in the tenth just to throw another bad shot to finish the third game with a 170 for a 577 series. After realizing the mistakes I was making going after right side spares after I opened the 3-6 leave the first frame of the last game, I converted both 10 pins I left that game with confidence. I threw it straight at the 10 and didn't even stay at the line once the ball was past the arrows, I just knew I was making it. So I was 2 for 3 on 10 pins, and my only single pin miss was a 10 pin. Our team took 4 of 7 points maybe moving up a spot in the standings from ninth to eighth. I moved my average up two pins to a 177 in this league now, which I still can't believe its that low. I ended this league with a 190 last season. I'm starting to throw the ball good at this house now, the issue is now a few brain [censored] and adjusting better in the last game. I threw the Radical all night. I had my Groove there just in case, but I'm not sure how it would have worked. I scuffed it up pretty good with a sanding pad I had because it was looking pretty shiny and its a dull ball out of the box. I threw it in practice a few times and it was moving more and sooner than it has in a long time, maybe even more than it ever has. I might take it with me Saturday to see what it might do at that center with the surface that way, or maybe Thursday during dollar days if I get the chance. After that I'll decide if I want to use a little less course pad on it.

Good going Mike, the colder weather will help the oil hold up better, but from what I've read about how the conditions are that night of the week for you, I don't see that being the main catalyst. That is you and executing the shots the way you need to. I just wish I could get my third game on par with the other two now.
HS:763

#45807 - 12/04/07 11:59 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
slimmy Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/M/FL
Had a decent night tonight in my tuesday night trios.

Hovered around my average for the first 3 games, nothing special as I struggled with release and speed issues.

Finally slowed down in game 4, lowered the ball in my pre-shot stance, shortened my armswing and finally let it swing free.

Finished with a 243 in game 4 to shoot 784 over 4 games so overall not a bad night, well above my tuesday night average and it only took me 3 games to figure out what I did so well last week that allowed me to shoot 663.

Looking forward to Thursday night now.

AVG: 193

Season Goals
HG: 250
HS: 700
AVG: 185

#45816 - 12/05/07 07:55 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: slimmy]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Did it again. That's 5 straight league nights. All 180 games. I just can't stop my problem from recurring. 2 good balls and 2 bad arm swings. I just can't continue with 3 opens per game. It actually has gone up 1 open. Start with 3 strikes, then an open/split and an open 10 pin. Takes the turkey away. Then, I spare out with an intermittent strike here and there. I have lost my consistency.

I have cut back on my leagues and practice. I guess it is really showing. Gotta make a decision; bowl more, or spend time with the fam. I hope they understand.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#45817 - 12/05/07 08:19 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: cgeorg]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Originally Posted By: cgeorg
Brett, our secretary uses a program that puts all our stuff online.

http://www.leaguesecretary.com/LeagueFiles.aspx?LID=18004

I paid 6 bucks for the upgrade (don't know why our league didn't just get the upgrade!) which lets me see history + reports. A co-worker was able to view older weeks just by manually editing the url, but he couldn't get to the reports. The graphic is from one of the premium bowler reports.

I've used CatBowl + Ebonite's Personal Bowler Something-or-other in the past, both nice programs, but didn't care to shell out the money to register them.

603 last night. Slipped on the approach and cracked my ankle with the ball during warmup - had thrown the most relaxed, beautiful, perfect shots up until then. It affected my first game, physically and mentally. Also, the backends went away really early. I had to switch to my total inferno, which has the most surface, around the 6th frame, and used it the rest of the night. I probably should have switched earlier, but I just wanted to make sure it was really the lanes and not just some poor releases. I've blamed the lanes before when it was really me - not this time though!

179, 223, 201, with 6 opens. The ones I remember include 2 4-9 splits, a 7 pin, and a 4-5. Scorer said I had 8 splits on the night - I picked up two 3-10s, and left one or 2 on fill shots, but I'm guessing the other 2 opens were my other 2 splits.

3 straight weeks over 600 - it feels great to get the scores I know I can. Now I just need to have more weeks where the physical game is as good as I know it can be. I'm in the same boat as Dennis - just bought a house = no time for practice. I need to make some.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#45818 - 12/05/07 09:04 AM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: cgeorg]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Dennis
That sounds REAL familiar. I am doing the same thing,I attribute it to my feet getting fast, and then tugging the ball. I don't know how all of the sudden I start doing stupid things again.
Tonight is another opportunity to correct it. I also jacked up my ball speed to 18-19 mph, did'nt try to, it just happened. Got to get back in sync.....tonight.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#45830 - 12/05/07 03:05 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Tim Gerard]
brettbolt Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: California
cgeorg, thanks for the info. I will probably buy catbowl software.

Last night was our final bowling for Fall league. We needed a miracle to take 1st back and didn't get it. But we got the next best thing -- 2nd place.

We won 3 out of 4. I had my worst series in quite a while -- 15 below average per game. I was throwing as fast as I could to strike, but that led to many bad shots.

After league, 5 of us bowled a game for fun. The lane was slicker than wet ice and the other guys with 200+ averages struggled with their hooks. I beat them all with my non-spectacular 186! Made me feel better after my poor performance in the last night of league.

#45834 - 12/05/07 04:12 PM Re: 2007-2008 Fall/Winter leagues [Re: Tim Gerard]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
Originally Posted By: Eraser
Dennis
That sounds REAL familiar. I am doing the same thing,I attribute it to my feet getting fast, and then tugging the ball. I don't know how all of the sudden I start doing stupid things again.

Eraser & Dennis,
I'm in the same boat the last two weeks. I just dont know how i can go from shooting a 650 & 699 to a below 500 series two straight weeks in a row. I saw my coach the other day and he pointed out some big problems with my game one is my fast feet & in back swings on bad shots its seems my arm is wrapping behind my back.

We worked it on it on friday. It seems when i do slow my feet and take my time i make good shots. When i dont take my time my fast feet occurs and eveything seems out of synch. Now i need to just keep consitant and remember eveytime i go up to keep my feet slow.
BowlSk: Stats

Page 37 of 137 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 136 137 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Today at 04:06 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.