BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45655 - 11/29/07 05:55 PM Bowl for the Cure~
5xblessed Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 39/F/centralcoast
I am hosting a Bowl for the Cure Breast Cancer tourney
in January on the central coast. Anyone in this area that would like to participate, please let me know. There is no prize money involved, but all bowlers get a t-shirt, and we have lots of raffles and door prizes. My goal is to reach $2,000.00, and have 80 bowlers...
Shelley~

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#45786 - 12/04/07 12:28 PM Re: Bowl for the Cure~ [Re: 5xblessed]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Greater Sacramento Area USBC is also holding a Bowl For The Cure tournament. We are having a 4 person team format, 3 games. Tournament is Jan 19th, at Fireside Lanes in Citrus Heights. Entries are due by Jan 12th. For more information see our web site http://www.sacbowl.com

We will have several very nice items for raffle. Pink Casio digital camera, Brest Cancer Awareness Vizaball, Pink Kitchen Aid mixer, and pink Ebonite Maxim with pink single rollerbag to name a few.

Erin

#45820 - 12/05/07 09:59 AM Re: Bowl for the Cure~ [Re: Atochabsh]
5xblessed Offline
Bumper Bowler

Erin,
Did you get the Pink Kitchen aid donated? Where did you get it? I would love to get my hands on one of those.

Shelley~

#45821 - 12/05/07 10:19 AM Re: Bowl for the Cure~ [Re: 5xblessed]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

No, I think we had to buy it.

At first we were going to buy the Vizaball too. But the USBC said they were discontinued. That was a disappointment since USBC provides a list of "prizes" you can buy for this event and now the bowling ball isn't one of them. But then we noticed that it was still on the Brunswick list of Vizaballs so we called the local distributor and he's going to donate one. So much for USBC.

Surprisingly this is a NON sanctioned event. So anyone can bowl, you don't need to have an average or a USBC card.

Erin

#45831 - 12/05/07 03:25 PM Re: Bowl for the Cure~ [Re: Atochabsh]
5xblessed Offline
Bumper Bowler

Mine is also not sanctioned, I did that because we are having it on the Air Force base, and I can get more non-bowlers to bowl.
What is your entry fee? I'm pretty much doing this on my own, I have a few women helping in small ways, but any tips you want to share would be great. I want this to be a huge success. I've gotten some negative feedback from the guy who runs our house, want to show em' what CAN be done instead of what can't be...

#45832 - 12/05/07 03:32 PM Re: Bowl for the Cure~ [Re: 5xblessed]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

$20 per person. We were very fortunate that we have a great proprietor for the house that's hosting it. He's donated 100% the lineage and labor for the tournament. Contact some local TV and radio shows. Many have free charity announcements.

We're also have a pink headpin and prizes for strikes when the pink headpin is in the #1 spot. We also have commissioned embroidered towels for sale.

Erin

#45833 - 12/05/07 04:03 PM Re: Bowl for the Cure~ [Re: Atochabsh]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
In My House we dont have any special tournments. But we are having a raffel in the house for gift basket that includes Bowl for Cure Bowling Ball. I think the tickets are like $3 or 5 a piece its been going on since mid november. I think the drawing in the end of the month or so.
BowlSk: Stats

#46293 - 12/14/07 01:39 PM Re: Bowl for the Cure~ [Re: Brandon510]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

Bowl For the Cure tournament to be held on Jan. 19th at 11:30am at Fireside Lanes in Citrus Heights, CA. This is strictly a fun tournament for the purpose of raising funds for the Susan G. Komen foundation. There will be a lot of raffle prizes including a pink Casio digital camera and a pink Kitchen Aid Mixer. There will be pink pins and prizes for striking with a pink pin in the rack. Local bowling celebrities will also be in attendance, including PWBA multi-title holder Leanne Barrett and baseball's Jeff Leonard of the New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants. There will also be an opening ceremony for breast cancer survivors and their co survivors. This is a non sanctioned event; everyone is encouraged to bowl. For more information see [url=www.sacbowl.com]www.sacbowl.com[/url]

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/21/19 07:26 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.